Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2022, 06:00 PM

26 posts, read 25,384 times

Advertisements

Been going to Lowes since forever.. in several states.... I needed some items but had to find out why the really heavy gate opener I ordered was the wrong model they delivered. I amin extremely bad health but continue to move on with my life, necrotizing pancreatitis, spinal disease deep vein thrombosis 100% disabled veteran. I took the motor there and I have veteran disabled plates on my car, I have a parking placard too. I went into the store after getting help with the every heavy motor onto a cart from a spot closer to the front for the disabled, and the parking lot was almost completely empty early in the morning. I brought back out some items and went back into the store. I came back out, and I suffer with every move, I take heavy pain killers for agony. Low and behold there is a ticket because I had moved my parking placard onto the seat with some other items. The cop wrote me a parking ticket at Lowes. I know he can see my disabled parking license plates, btw, newish car in mint condition. Zillions of open parking spaces. Bigg$$$ I am really ticked off! I went to the courthouse in Salem but they said I have to wait a couple of days. I find this terrible way to treat the customers that spend lots of money in your stores sicking the city police to run around the parking lot looking at parking placards. Horrible rotten people out to screw everyone else. Thank you for making my life worse than it already is. I push foreward. I was sent home from living in a VA hospital not long ago and was told I should die and home instead of in the hosptital where I was tube fed 6 months and was a quadrapalegic, with cancer is my next stage coming. I continue to fight on for mysyelf and my family. I will , I have to go back to the courthouse with my id disabled placard and veteran id. like I am a criminal because the cop for Lowes just loved giving me a parking placard ticket at Lowes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 09:26 AM

32,658 posts, read 48,053,996 times
And I wish the police would spend more time giving expensive tickets to those who park in the handicapped spaces when they have no right to.

Why do you have both plates and a hang tag? That makes no sense.

You placed your placard where it couldn't be seen and you got a ticket, fair and square. Take your placard in to show to the judge and he will cancel the ticket.

Next time follow the rules and use your placard correctly.

Old 02-13-2022, 03:35 PM

266 posts, read 259,583 times
Your sarcasm is inappropriate. You didn't follow the rules re: display of the placard. The rules apply to everyone regardless of mobility and/or health. Now you have to deal with the consequences.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:33 AM

2,663 posts, read 3,860,262 times
Dang, I thought this was going to be a summary of a nice story.

Instead it turns out to be the rambling of a whiny "victim of life."

Old 02-14-2022, 12:48 PM

469 posts, read 434,367 times
Cop must have seen the Disabled Veterans license plate while in the process of writing up a ticket.

Placard or not, I’m giving a pass if I’m the cop. Police constantly make judgment calls about strict enforcement.

Thanks for your service. Hang tough.

Old 02-14-2022, 02:15 PM

5,463 posts, read 8,182,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredat44 View Post
............ Low and behold there is a ticket because I had moved my parking placard onto the seat with some other items. The cop wrote me a parking ticket at Lowes. I know he can see my ddisabled parking license plates, btw, newish car in mint condition. Zillions of open parking spaces. Bigg$$$ I am really ticked off! I went to the courthouse in Salem but they said I have to wait a couple of days. I find this terrible way to treat the customers that spend lots of money in your stores sicking the city police to run around the parking lot looking at parking placards. Horrible rotten people out to screw everyone else. Thank you for making my life worse than it already is............
Not every vet who qualifies for disabled veteran plates has mobility problems. They are not a substitute for the placard.

You must be one of the few people with mobility problems who find fault with businesses and the police trying to keep the non-disabled from occupying parking spaces reserved for the disabled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem