Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2024, 12:21 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times

Advertisements

seems like this subforum is a good fit for this interesting story.

Spaghetti Westerner Gap Pucci, 88, Is The Last Wyoming Mountain Man Of His Time
Quote:
There was a time when Gaspari “Gap” Pucci was noted for his Sicilian background. He was an oddity — an Italian from South Philly cowboying out West in Wyoming.

But he followed his dream. He built a highly respected big game hunting outfit in Jackson Hole and spent almost four decades doing what he loved from the back of a horse.

His office was the Gros Ventre Wilderness, an unspoiled section of Bridger-Teton backcountry where few tread even today. It’s a roadless and wild 250-square-mile chunk of forest as rugged and remote as it gets anywhere in the continental U.S.

Nowadays what makes this 88-year-old special is the fact that he still lives like he does — straight-up cowboy. No phone, no internet, no modern amenities. Not even a fancy hay fork with the composite handle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2024, 06:49 AM
Status: "Hello Darlin, Nice to see you - Conway Twitty" (set 20 days ago)

791 posts, read 379,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
seems like this subforum is a good fit for this interesting story.

Spaghetti Westerner Gap Pucci, 88, Is The Last Wyoming Mountain Man Of His Time
It is interesting to see him at 88 doing all those things. I know of multiple older men/women in their 80s around here and you certainly wouldn't know it by interacting with them. They usually just tool around on their homesteads keeping busy - I am not a believer that work like that keeps you young, I best get off the computer here and go do something.

Old 01-26-2024, 07:40 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSLarry View Post
It is interesting to see him at 88 doing all those things. I know of multiple older men/women in their 80s around here and you certainly wouldn't know it by interacting with them. They usually just tool around on their homesteads keeping busy - I am not a believer that work like that keeps you young, I best get off the computer here and go do something.
the guy is clearly a tough old dude. he's far more spry than some 60 year olds i've seen.

when he was a little kid in italy he probably never even dreamed he'd be where he is now.

Old 02-06-2024, 06:10 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,163,906 times
There are plenty of cowboys still working the West.

They're too busy to give interviews. But they're around.

Old Today, 01:57 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,401,263 times
Woaw....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living