Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2023, 11:15 AM

1,261 posts, read 693,342 times

Advertisements

Is crime an issue? Real estate prices seem to be reasonable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2023, 01:21 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,059,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beco View Post
Is crime an issue? Real estate prices seem to be reasonable?
Some neighborhoods are sketchier than others, as is to be expected. There are some hidden jewels - you might have a block that makes an awesome residence in an otherwise less prominent neighborhood. I have run into people who lived in what looks like great neighborhoods who happened to live next to a neighbor with adult children with significant issues which makes that a not so great place to live!

Prices seem to have risen quite a bit, but are still (on a national basis) quite reasonable.

I do Uber driving on the side so I have a fairly good grasp on the neighborhoods. There is no place I would refuse to drive. There are places where I probably would not purchase a home!

Feel free to DIRECT MESSAGE me for my honest take on any particular properties you may see online or about neighborhoods in general.

Old 02-20-2023, 01:23 PM

I heard "anecdotal" accounts about certain reasonably priced neighborhoods being targeted by investors buying them up to convert to rentals. May be minimal, but I did hear such accounts.

Old 02-20-2023, 07:59 PM

There is a whole lot of new construction of apartments, but not a whole lot of new construction of single family homes.

There is some good content on the brand new episode of the podcast "THE ROANOKE PRESENTS: FROM PRINT TO PODCAST" - available wherever you get your podcast

There is also a great YouTube site that has a lot of helpful information regarding neighborhoods and relocation - you can probably search it out by searching Roanoke Living. It is done by real estate professionals so I am not going to post a link. If you have a hard time finding it and want to get the link, just "direct message" me and I will send it to you. (I am not connected to it in anyway other than being a subscriber - but I find the info and visual content very helpful.)

Old 02-21-2023, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchful View Post
There is some good content on the brand new episode of the podcast "THE ROANOKE PRESENTS: FROM PRINT TO PODCAST" - available wherever you get your podcast
OOPS! That should be “The ROANOKER Presents….”

(“The Roanoker is the name of a local magazine.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
View detailed profiles of: