Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 12:48 PM

23,641 posts, read 18,764,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
My goodness red plump your crime buddy introduced crime into this thread I didn't at all. I was being respectful of this post and not commenting I'm not the one that brought my post from another thread in here.

You two can't even keep the negativity out of your own threads you start. PS I would love to see where I viciously attack another poster and silly rabbit what financial gain are we looking for?

I agree that this side topic should have been buried, but we would not be at this point had you not tried to paint a false sense of security in a neighborhood you clearly aren't familiar with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2024, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandOwen86 View Post
J
I have a friend and colleague that's of the mind that Taproot Brewing Company at Newport Vineyards is, in his words, "flying under the radar". I don't have his knowledge of craft beer, but I have been to Taproot with him and enjoyed the beers I sampled. Again, the couple of times my wife and I have joined my friend and his wife there, I found the staff delightful and the physical space appealing. Plus, the vineyard grounds are beautiful. They also had some great food.

Good to know, every time I drive by there I think "will have to check that out at some point" but never think of it otherwise.

Old 04-28-2024, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
We have sort of odd liquor laws, I’m not really into food trucks, and breweries are done better in places like Oregon, Washington, and Colorado. But Rhode Island has come a long way from the bleak days when it was just Trinity and Union Station (and, I guess, Newport Storm)
Quote:
I do like the fact that when I visit those in the Seattle area some of them have kitchens and a light menu.

I don't frequent breweries that often, and haven't been to many of the RI ones (a part why I started this thread). But you certainly don't have to go all the way to the west coast to find that. Several of the ones in MA are known for their food as well. Trillium is one of my favorites (main Canton location), of course they have some excellent brews but I'll actually go there just for the pizza it's that good. Also a big fan of their parmesan fries. Lord Hobo is another one I recommend if you're in the Woburn area, good pizza and other grub.

Old 04-28-2024, 01:14 PM

17,783 posts, read 9,233,277 times
JB, you know my name isn't "red plump".

Old 04-28-2024, 01:39 PM

5,243 posts, read 6,161,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I agree that this side topic should have been buried, but we would not be at this point had you not tried to paint a false sense of security in a neighborhood you clearly aren't familiar with.
I am very familiar with the neighborhood. Never felt uncomfortable either in the day or night.

Hope to check out Longlive one night soon and then afterwards the NY System in Olneyville

Old 04-28-2024, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I am very familiar with the neighborhood. Never felt uncomfortable either in the day or night.
I'm curious why a Florida resident would be in a rundown industrial area in Providence. Day and night.

Old 04-28-2024, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'm curious why a Florida resident would be in a rundown industrial area in Providence. Day and night.
Why wouldn’t I and why are you continuing to make this thread about crime?

You continue to misquote my posts. I mentioned I frequent the NY System nearby and I would try Longlive one night and then hit the NY system. Please don’t t make this thread about you and crime.

Try to keep it on track please!

Old 04-28-2024, 03:46 PM

4,421 posts, read 3,204,810 times
So in other words this is not a brewery thread at all. You're not fooling anyone, and taking someone's response to a completely different post and moving it here feels dishonest

Old 04-28-2024, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Quote:
Why wouldn’t I and why are you continuing to make this thread about crime?

You continue to misquote my posts. I mentioned I frequent the NY System nearby and I would try Longlive one night and then hit the NY system. Please don’t t make this thread about you and crime.

Try to keep it on track please!
Nothing was taken out of context or misquoted. You said you are very familiar with the neighborhood where Long Live Beerworks is. That seems odd. Again, why would a Florida resident be in a rundown industrial area in Providence? Day and night.

And Olneyville NY System is not nearby. But of course you knew that.

Old 04-28-2024, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
So in other words this is not a brewery thread at all. You're not fooling anyone, and taking someone's response to a completely different post and moving it here feels dishonest
Exactly and I am being called out and reported for derailing this thread.

Seems we can’t keep crime out of any thread, and bringing in posters posts from other threads sure doesn’t show any credibility.

Why can’t we just talk about tap rooms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island