Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2024, 11:34 AM

17,977 posts, read 9,374,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
More misogyny from the crime busters. Evidently a woman isn't allowed to walk from her car to her front door without being suspicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
She's not walking anywhere.
Quote:
Prove it. She's standing behind a fence between a car and the front door.

If she's soliciting in her own driveway that's a big fail.

Given your harsh opinions of women in Google Street View, I'd feel sorry for the women in your world, but then I feel reassured that there likely are none.
Easy to move the street view around and see that she is in the same place. That's your proof. She's not walking anywhere. And I haven't made any harsh comments about women.

As for your ridiculous comments about misogyny, here are a couple guys that have been discussed on here in the past:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/5Jy7mDGBLD66hDTQ6

https://maps.app.goo.gl/q2ir2SYgmR2YdV7n7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2024, 12:59 PM

12,965 posts, read 22,148,333 times
Quote:
Prove it. She's standing behind a fence between a car and the front door.

If she's soliciting in her own driveway that's a big fail.

Given your harsh opinions of women in Google Street View, I'd feel sorry for the women in your world, but then I feel reassured that there likely are none.
I mean, she's standing in the same spot (!!) in the driveway (with the car door open, and apparently looking at sweatshirt) for the entire ~15-20 seconds it takes for the Street View vehicle to pass by. What do you think she's doing? Waiting for a family member to come outside so they can leave? Taking a quick pause before/after an errand? Literally any other number of scenarios that don't involve sex work? No way. After examining this Street View like the Zapruder film, The only possible explanation for standing in her driveway for a few seconds that she's a prostitute. How can you not see this?!

Old 05-16-2024, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I mean, she's standing in the same spot (!!) in the driveway (with the car door open, and apparently looking at sweatshirt) for the entire ~15-20 seconds it takes for the Street View vehicle to pass by. What do you think she's doing? Waiting for a family member to come outside so they can leave? Taking a quick pause before/after an errand? Literally any other number of scenarios that don't involve sex work? No way. After examining this Street View like the Zapruder film, The only possible explanation for standing in her driveway for a few seconds that she's a prostitute. How can you not see this?!
Your first street view link shows a spliced image (note that she has 3 legs). The car door may not be open.

And I have no idea what you're seeing in your second street view link.

The bottom line is that she's not walking anywhere. And in this neighborhood, it's not a stretch to suggest she may be "waiting for a bus".

Old 05-16-2024, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Your first street view link shows a spliced image (note that she has 3 legs). The car door may not be open.

The bottom line is that she's not walking anywhere. And in this neighborhood, it's not a stretch to suggest she may be "waiting for a bus".
LOL! This may be the single most hysterical analysis of a photograph I've ever read on CD! Yes, when a series of sequential photos are digitally "stitched" together (which is how a streetview image or an iphone panoramic photo is created) it can distort photos. Especially when a human or animal subject isn't standing perfectly still. These extra or severed body parts are pretty common examples of this phenomenon. This effect has spawned countless memes and photo galleries because of the hilarious results.

What this effect can't do is open a closed car door and enable you to see interior details like weather-stripping or two-tone paneling. The door is open.

I'd still love to hear an explanation as to why this particular person was specifically singled out as a likely prostitute. And I'm not sure why you two are so scared to say the word "prostitute." I don't think using it is against the rules, is it? So if you're confident in your "analysis" and it's not against the rules to say "prostitute," then why hide behind "waiting for a bus?"

Old 05-16-2024, 02:15 PM

Quote:
LOL! This may be the single most hysterical analysis of a photograph I've ever read on CD! Yes, when a series of sequential photos are digitally "stitched" together (which is how a streetview image or an iphone panoramic photo is created) it can distort photos. Especially when a human or animal subject isn't standing perfectly still. These extra or severed body parts are pretty common examples of this phenomenon. This effect has spawned countless memes and photo galleries because of the hilarious results.

What this effect can't do is open a closed car door and enable you to see interior details like weather-stripping or two-tone paneling. The door is open.
Clearly you don't understand how the splicing is done. The spliced images could have been taken a fraction of a second apart. Or they could have been taken on a different day. The door very well may not be open in the left picture.

Regardless, as usual you're presenting a nonsensical argument. Whether or not that car door is open is completely irrelevant. We have no idea if that's even her car.

Old 05-16-2024, 02:25 PM

Nobody wants to talk about Kennedy Plaza?

Old 05-16-2024, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Clearly you don't understand how the splicing is done. The spliced images could have been taken a fraction of a second apart. Or they could have been taken on a different day. The door very well may not be open in the left picture.

Regardless, as usual you're presenting a nonsensical argument. Whether or not that car door is open is completely irrelevant. We have no idea if that's even her car.
I mean, you can also see in the original image MN posted that the front door looks open (no chrome trim around the driver's window frame or no reflection from the glass and metal like the rear window/door). But sure, it probably is just a glitch with Google lol. Again, your photo analysis and understanding of how streetview works in general is just *chef's kiss*

You're right, we don't know that that's her car. We won't know anything about her or what she's doing, and that's the point. The open car door (along with the fact that she was in the driveway) was pointed out as evidence that one possible scenario is that she was doing something every single normal person does on a regular basis - going between her home and car. Considering the pushback, apparently you don't believe that's likely (or even possible).

Speaking of nonsensical arguments - what is your argument for why you think she's a prostitute apart from the neighborhood and the fact that she appears to be a woman?

Old 05-16-2024, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I mean, you can also see in the original image MN posted that the front door looks open (no chrome trim around the driver's window frame or no reflection from the glass and metal like the rear window/door). But sure, it probably is just a glitch with Google lol. Again, your photo analysis and understanding of how streetview works in general is just *chef's kiss*

You're right, we don't know that that's her car. We won't know anything about her or what she's doing, and that's the point. The open car door (along with the fact that she was in the driveway) was pointed out as evidence that one possible scenario is that she was doing something every single normal person does on a regular basis - going between her home and car. Considering the pushback, apparently you don't believe that's likely (or even possible).

Speaking of nonsensical arguments - what is your argument for why you think she's a prostitute apart from the neighborhood and the fact that she appears to be a woman?
Nothing can be determined about that car door in the original street view that massnative71 posted. Nothing at all. And, again, it doesn't matter either way. This is a multi-family home. The likelihood of that being her car is slim.

sandsonik claimed she's walking from her car to the front door. She's clearly not walking anywhere as evidenced by the multiple different street views. It's also highly unlikely that anyone in that neighborhood is leaving their car unattended with an open door...even for just a minute or so.

Old 05-16-2024, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Nothing can be determined about that car door in the original street view that massnative71 posted. Nothing at all. And, again, it doesn't matter either way. This is a multi-family home. The likelihood of that being her car is slim.

sandsonik claimed she's walking from her car to the front door. She's clearly not walking anywhere as evidenced by the multiple different street views. It's also highly unlikely that anyone in that neighborhood is leaving their car unattended with an open door...even for just a minute or so.
Of course, thank you again for your simply flawless photo analysis.

Now that that's out of the way, can you just land your plane? Do you think that of all of the possible reasons for this woman to be in that driveway, the most likely is that she's a prostitute? And if so, why?

Old 05-16-2024, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Now that that's out of the way, can you just land your plane? Do you think that of all of the possible reasons for this woman to be in that driveway, the most likely is that she's a prostitute? And if so, why?
I'd prefer to discuss Kennedy Plaza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island