Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 01:43 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,392,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Does your lease describe this as an obligation on your part?
Do you currently have a tenant with melting ice cream?

Buy USED or Scratch & Dent... save LINK
And pass on the ice maker.

We never buy used appliances. NO warranty, and who knows what might be wrong with them about ready to conk out. Plus, I would never put a dented, used, old fridge in a rental. Our standards are just a mite better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 04:44 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
We never buy used appliances. NO warranty, and who knows what might be wrong with them about ready to conk out. Plus, I would never put a dented, used, old fridge in a rental. Our standards are just a mite better than that.
I can understand not wanting to buy a used appliance (even though I've done so MANY times myself with never a problem!) but unless you've looked over the stock in the "scratch and dent" offerings you may not know what you're missing. Even the most minimal little mark you can barely see unless you look really hard can afford a BIG price reduction and nobody would question your standards.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:04 PM

461 posts, read 666,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Do you have a Sears Outlet Store nearby? Great deals on scratch and dents, and also floor models.
Two thumbs up for Sears Outlet, I just bought stove & fridge (with ice maker) for my rental. I also purchased the extended warranties. The only hiccup was that the appliances were delivered to my real house and not the rental The stove was new in box and the fridge has a few outside dings.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:40 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,923,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
Some scratch and dent will never been seen after the install.

Every piece of appliance here was purchased as scratched and dent.

$1000 for fridge
$500 for range
$300 for microwave

MSRP on these 3 pieces is over $5K
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice on buying new refrigerator for Rental House-kitchen.jpg  

Old 04-15-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalswife View Post
Two thumbs up for Sears Outlet, I just bought stove & fridge (with ice maker) for my rental. I also purchased the extended warranties. The only hiccup was that the appliances were delivered to my real house and not the rental The stove was new in box and the fridge has a few outside dings.
Yup.. I browse their online inventory every week. Picked this one up a few weeks ago. Problem? side panel dented.
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice on buying new refrigerator for Rental House-range-large-.jpg  

Old 04-15-2015, 11:21 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,464,975 times
Hotpoint are pretty terrible. We just throw away anything that breaks that is a Hotpoint and replace with something that isn't junk.

But if you don't have to provide a fridge, don't. And if you do, don't provide an icemaker. If you do provide a fridge, make sure your lease says that you aren't responsible for lost food if the fridge breaks.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:04 PM

199 posts, read 383,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
Some scratch and dent will never been seen after the install.

Every piece of appliance here was purchased as scratched and dent.

$1000 for fridge
$500 for range
$300 for microwave

MSRP on these 3 pieces is over $5K
you never take off your stickers? lol

im loving your appliances btw. really go well with your awesome countertops and cabinets!!! is that granite or quartz?

Old 04-17-2015, 10:08 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterCLT View Post

im loving your appliances btw. really go well with your awesome countertops and cabinets!!! is that granite or quartz?

Why do you have to buy a fridge for a rental? Does your lease state appliances are provided?

We never rent with appliances already there because we have our own and prefer to use our own that we know where they have been and what they have been through.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:15 PM

199 posts, read 383,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why do you have to buy a fridge for a rental? Does your lease state appliances are provided?

We never rent with appliances already there because we have our own and prefer to use our own that we know where they have been and what they have been through.
im buying a fridge for a house that I am putting on for rent lol. Only things arent provided are washer/dryer I"m not renting a house myself I already live in a house lol.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterCLT View Post

Not when I am selling.

Countertop is granite. $1000 for the top with a sink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting