Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2024, 03:37 PM

617 posts, read 670,269 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about applying for a 6 month contract job in Carson City that pays pretty good, but I don't want to get a long apartment lease in case the employer tricks me and I want to leave lol. In Vegas there are extended stay places that has been helpful and I can pay weekly. Most every single apartment wants a 8+ month lease and there is no way I can commit to that.

When I search on google all I get is vacation sites and not at all what I'm looking for. Does anyone know of places to stay that are month-to-month or week-to-week in Carson City?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2024, 04:10 PM

42,885 posts, read 26,477,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505HPC6Z06 View Post
I was thinking about applying for a 6 month contract job in Carson City that pays pretty good, but I don't want to get a long apartment lease in case the employer tricks me and I want to leave lol. In Vegas there are extended stay places that has been helpful and I can pay weekly. Most every single apartment wants a 8+ month lease and there is no way I can commit to that.

When I search on google all I get is vacation sites and not at all what I'm looking for. Does anyone know of places to stay that are month-to-month or week-to-week in Carson City?
my husband worked in Carson City for awhile but it was a long time ago, at that time some of the people he worked with lived several hours a way so they would rent a weekly motel room and go home on weekends. I don't recall the names of the motels they were clean but older looking motels right by the State Offices. Or you could call the person who hired you and see if they know of any rentals or maybe they could ask their employees?

Old 05-10-2024, 06:42 PM

8,412 posts, read 7,703,653 times
If you don't mind commuting from Reno, it looks like there are quite a few furnished corporate housing short term rentals up that way. Search Carson City on this site too. https://www.corporatehousing.com/nv/...porary-housing

Old 05-10-2024, 11:28 PM

8,519 posts, read 8,897,598 times
There are plenty of week to week options:
https://www.google.com/search?q=cars...ajBqNKgCALACAA

It comes down to cost and what you want.

Have you checked the airbnb long term section?

Craigslist short term listing if they are flexible about who they want:

https://reno.craigslist.org/roo/d/ca...736623833.html

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-10-2024 at 11:39 PM..

Old 05-11-2024, 03:25 PM

617 posts, read 670,269 times
I appreciate the tips. Still looking, the google places are like $2,356 per month and that is too much for Carson City. Too much for Vegas too, right now I'm paying $1,200.

Old Today, 11:49 AM

789 posts, read 854,723 times
MyPlace hotel and Staybridge Suites have weekly rates. I found that extended stay hotels such as these will sometimes negotiate a 'deal' with you for months long stays. You need to talk to a manager. This happened for us in the Bay Area when a relative was receiving specialized care at Stanford for 4 months.

AirBnB you could probably negotiate with the homeowner?

You can find a 6 month lease option on homes and some apartments, I leased my rental home to someone for 4 months. When the legislature is in session, lots of places are rented for months at a time.

There are definitely some lower quality, but maybe workable, weekly/monthly stay motels in Carson...make sure you look at them in person because some of them do not have a good reputation for quality clientele, etc....I know of 'Freedom Flats' (we do have a State Prison here)...and there are at least a half dozen others around.

Talk to a local Realtor, that is how my short termers found me. It's downright dangerous to try and find rentals on your own anymore with all the scams out there

That being said, Northern Nevada has a higher cost of living than Vegas, including rental costs.

Last edited by ChrisMT; Today at 12:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
View detailed profiles of: