Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 02:27 PM

22,646 posts, read 47,828,778 times

Advertisements

Definitely overthinking.
OP, you did not "lose" your chance... you never took one.
And until you quit making excuses, you will never have a chance with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2024, 02:39 PM

735 posts, read 770,694 times
OP,

You actually enhnace your chance, some people don't date coworkers. Now that you are not a coworker, it might be an advantage, but then again, you might have no chance either way, if she is not interested.

Has she show any signs of interest in you while working there?

Old 05-08-2024, 04:06 PM

15 posts, read 7,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
OP,

You actually enhnace your chance, some people don't date coworkers. Now that you are not a coworker, it might be an advantage, but then again, you might have no chance either way, if she is not interested.

Has she show any signs of interest in you while working there?
She'd go out of her way to at least say hi to me whenever she saw me and I do remember one incident a few months ago when she "accidentally" dropped something and spilled it all over while I was passing by so that I could stop to help. Even Ray Charles could've seen that she intentionally dropped the object and while we were cleaning the spill, she was doing a lot of blushing and giggling.

Old 05-08-2024, 05:23 PM

3,001 posts, read 1,676,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelbadburger View Post
She'd go out of her way to at least say hi to me whenever she saw me and I do remember one incident a few months ago when she "accidentally" dropped something and spilled it all over while I was passing by so that I could stop to help. Even Ray Charles could've seen that she intentionally dropped the object and while we were cleaning the spill, she was doing a lot of blushing and giggling.
Then what are you waiting for?

Calling her at work to ask her out is probably not a good idea. If you have her # you can call her when she's not at work.

There are any number of ways to make it happen. If you know her schedule, wait near the entrance for her to leave (I agree, going into the business to ask her out while she's working isn't appropriate either) after her shift.

You could say "Hi, I've missed you, can I walk you to your car?" or something. Chat on the way, ask her to lunch the next day, at lunch ask her to an evening activity this weekend, etc. etc.

It's really not hard to do.

You can do it.

Old 05-08-2024, 05:32 PM

195 posts, read 219,817 times
I would check social media and send a message.

Old 05-09-2024, 04:02 AM

598 posts, read 329,247 times
Why overthink? If you have her number you could text. That’s if you don’t want to be around co workers or possibly get rejected ( who knows). If she doesn’t respond, you could stop by, just in case she didn’t get the text.

Old 05-09-2024, 06:26 AM

16,364 posts, read 10,484,499 times
OP never mentioned calling her at work, in retail that's not really practical anyway. But there is nothing wrong with stopping by and asking her. Not wanting to return to your old place of work is a silly reason not to ask her out.

Old 05-09-2024, 03:31 PM

6,483 posts, read 4,020,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
If you're unwilling to pop into the store to ask her on a date, then don't bother asking her out and move on.
This. If you can't suck up your dislike for the place for five minutes to walk in and ask her out and then leave, you don't want it badly enough. (You didn't say the place was so horribly toxic that you'd be traumatized by going in there or that you left enough bad blood that you'd get thrown out, so it sounds like you're simply like "eh, I don't work there anymore, don't feel like going back.")

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Leave a note under her windshield wipers with your number. (I got plenty of those in my day) There's always the chance she might miss it, or it might blow away, but there's a good chance she will see it, especially if you use bright colored paper.
I don't know. I think I'd find it a little weird if a guy left me a note as if we were in third grade, when he had every opportunity to ask me in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
If this was a more professional job, I would acknowledge your point, but in the retail Jobs I have had like working in a bookstore going over and briefly talking with and even asking out a former coworker would not have been a problem. I think you might also be able to leave a message in a card to hand to a trusted coworker or friend at work and ask her out that way.
I think it depends on the job. If she's on break, maybe. But at retail jobs I've worked, standing around socializing with my friends would've been a big no-no.

Old 05-09-2024, 03:41 PM

50,432 posts, read 64,212,276 times
Why not wait a beat, get another job, and then call her? If you don’t know her number. Send some flowers with a note to the store.

When my husband and I were first dating he sent flowers to my work and got extra points for impressing the other women in the office.

Old 05-09-2024, 07:43 PM

6,840 posts, read 11,595,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Why not wait a beat, get another job, and then call hey r? If you don’t know her number. Send some flowers with a note to the store.

When my husband and I were first dating he sent flowers to my work and got extra points for impressing the other women in the office.
I disagree with this advice, especially since the OP doesn’t know if she has an iota of interest in him. Flowers sent to workplaces always invite speculation by other employees and she might not appreciate being the subject of such speculation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships