Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2024, 03:42 PM

4 posts, read 2,909 times

Advertisements

Hello guys,

I'm 25M and I'm new to online dating or better said I have been considering starting online dating. I would also like to mention that I have never ever had a girlfriend in my life.

I've created a fake profile on tinder in order to find out what's it all about. It looks like that I'll probably have to pay for subscription because as I've noticed there is limit how many "hearts/likes" you can send. I've also noticed that if some girl liked me back I couldn't see who it was without paid subscription. Here's my first question - Am I really supposed to pay for subscription in order to use this dating app ?

Now when it comes to creating my real profile - what should I focused on ? Is it okay to post pictures/videos of my dog ? I read somewhere that it might quite increase my chances of getting a match. How many pictures of my face/figure should I post ?

Now let's suppose I have a match with a girl. How should my first message looks like? Should I google some pickup lines or be creative, go through girl's profile and write her based on her interests?

Thanks in advance for your help, really appreciate..

Old 04-05-2024, 06:31 AM

2,555 posts, read 2,677,377 times
Most people will see through any pick up line. If you aren't sure, just start with directness, but build up.
Small talk, and ask one question at a time and see if it's reciprocated enough.

If you don't pay, for this particular app, you can still communicate with matches, but you won't be able to match with as many right away.

Just post pictures of yourself only.

People aren't dating your pet or your friends. I'm not personally a big fan of people who post too many pics of other people and their pets because it feels like they automatically won't give potential daters a chance and just be too selfish about their own lives where they know they have things they like socially- friends and their pet.

Old 04-05-2024, 07:45 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Why can’t you meet women in real life?

Old 04-05-2024, 07:50 AM

22,558 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
Why can’t you meet women in real life?
He doesn't know how to talk to them.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...l#post66584399

Old 04-05-2024, 08:06 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
He doesn't know how to talk to them.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...l#post66584399
Ohhh, train guy.

If you don't have real life social skills, you aren't going to have success.

Old 04-05-2024, 09:02 AM

44,346 posts, read 20,047,057 times
This thread quickly devolved into a mess of personal attacks and name-calling. Several posts have been deleted. The thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships