Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 07:09 AM

5 posts, read 3,174 times

Advertisements

I've not been in a relationship so far at 29 and part of it was due to being obese (lost 30 lbs last year), but another thing that's been bothering me is upper eyelid exposure, they're droopy and cover half my eyes. Look up pictures of Hamza Ahmed or droopy the dog to get an idea. A lot of my people in my family have this feature but for different reasons.

I've noticed that it makes me look tired and disinterested even when I'm not. I can get a full night of sleep and an hour later it sags down. When someone isn't making eye contact, we assume they're not interested or paying attention, but the same can be said of someone with eyes that look half closed. I think it's a very unfortunate feature that hides people's personality even when they're paying attention and listening. Even when I compliment others or ask about their aspirations, most of the time they give a negative vibe, like they think I don't care what they say or think I just want extra information about their lives.

Do you assume that someone is tired or not interested when they have this feature? I want to make myself aware of ways to fix that so I can better cultivate relationships and not come off as someone I'm not. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2024, 07:54 AM

36,498 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonP93 View Post
I've not been in a relationship so far at 29 and part of it was due to being obese (lost 30 lbs last year), but another thing that's been bothering me is upper eyelid exposure, they're droopy and cover half my eyes. Look up pictures of Hamza Ahmed or droopy the dog to get an idea. A lot of my people in my family have this feature but for different reasons.

I've noticed that it makes me look tired and disinterested even when I'm not. I can get a full night of sleep and an hour later it sags down. When someone isn't making eye contact, we assume they're not interested or paying attention, but the same can be said of someone with eyes that look half closed. I think it's a very unfortunate feature that hides people's personality even when they're paying attention and listening. Even when I compliment others or ask about their aspirations, most of the time they give a negative vibe, like they think I don't care what they say or think I just want extra information about their lives.

Do you assume that someone is tired or not interested when they have this feature? I want to make myself aware of ways to fix that so I can better cultivate relationships and not come off as someone I'm not. Thank you!
I didn't know who Hamza Ahmed was, so looked it up and dont see anything wrong with his eyes. I think he is attractive.
As to your question, I would say it is an individual thing. Perhaps, but for me, I don't associate physical characteristics with body language. My perspective is that body language is more an expression of your inner self.
Congrats on the weight loss.

Old 04-02-2024, 08:13 AM

22,564 posts, read 47,614,734 times
I looked him up also.
Nothing wrong with his eyes, which means there is nothing wrong with yours.
You seem hyperfocused on something that no one else cares about or notices.

Old 04-02-2024, 09:00 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
^ Which Hamza Ahmed are you guys looking at??

https://img.apmcdn.org/0e16f5d60bdd2...amza-ahmed.jpg

This guy??

Old 04-02-2024, 09:16 AM

36,498 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
^ Which Hamza Ahmed are you guys looking at??

https://img.apmcdn.org/0e16f5d60bdd2...amza-ahmed.jpg

This guy??
Nope.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...=0&vt=0&sim=11

Old 04-02-2024, 09:17 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
There is a lid for every pot. I am sure there are girls who think it is cute to have "dreamy eyes."

What happens if you smile, do you still look like you are not interested? Maybe make it a habit to smile more and see what happens. A lot of people with BRF (bitc.. resting face) have found this a solution to their issue (including me).

Old 04-02-2024, 12:03 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Not sure I would classify it as a body language miscue. An upper eyelid is more of a feminizing feature because the forehead which creates the masculine brow tends to cover over it. So it would tend to detract from a man's face, typically. However its all about context. Most people have one or more of these things which is why most of us are not models.

Old 04-02-2024, 06:58 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:

There is a surgery that can fix those eyelids. It can interfere with your vision, so it might be considered medical as opposed to cosmetic. I know someone who did that recently and was really pleased with the impact on her vision.

Personally, I doubt I would consciously notice that someone was that way.

Old 04-03-2024, 04:39 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
I've not been in a relationship so far at 29 and part of it was due to being obese (lost 30 lbs last year), but another thing that's been bothering me is upper eyelid exposure, they're droopy and cover half my eyes.
Have you seen an ophthalmologist about this? Usually they say insurance will pay for corrective surgery for this, since it affects your vision.

Old 04-04-2024, 03:14 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Sorry, I don't think getting your eyelids cut off is the answer.

Being hyper-focused on your eyes is going to make you appear very uncomfortable and shifty around people when making eye contact with them. Just learn to accept yourself and smile. Smiling is what makes eyes beautiful. If you carry a nervous energy, it will put women off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships