Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 04:21 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
What is that supposed to mean?
It means that you most likely need professional evaluation and an appropriate help. You seem to struggle to understand how relationship works.

Back to your question:
In a healthy relationship, it's still necessary to ask for permission, check in with your partner, and respectfully accept "no" as an answer. If you feel uncomfortable in the moment, you always have the right to stop, even if you previously agreed.
Nonverbal cues like smiling, maintaining eye contact, and nodding can express "enthusiastic consent", but these cues alone do not necessarily represent consent. However, these cues are additional details that may reflect consent, and it is necessary to still seek verbal confirmation.

Is there something you don't understand, OP?

Old 04-01-2024, 04:38 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It means that you most likely need professional evaluation and an appropriate help. You seem to struggle to understand how relationship works.

Back to your question:
In a healthy relationship, it's still necessary to ask for permission, check in with your partner, and respectfully accept "no" as an answer. If you feel uncomfortable in the moment, you always have the right to stop, even if you previously agreed.
Nonverbal cues like smiling, maintaining eye contact, and nodding can express "enthusiastic consent", but these cues alone do not necessarily represent consent. However, these cues are additional details that may reflect consent, and it is necessary to still seek verbal confirmation.

Is there something you don't understand, OP?
I resent the suggestion that I need professional help because of a simple proposal for discussion. I appreciate your input, but you could have left that out.

Old 04-01-2024, 05:15 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,492,058 times
Quote:
I resent the suggestion that I need professional help because of a simple proposal for discussion. I appreciate your input, but you could have left that out.
What do you want to know, OP? That you need to ask a woman before you initiate a kiss or physical intimacy of anykind? You could, but most people don't. They just read the room so to speak. Most people can tell by body language if their approaches are wanted or not. If that's not something you can tell, you can try just asking.

Old 04-01-2024, 06:59 PM

24,476 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Considering your recent threads which all evolve around the same question - there is something off.

Old 04-01-2024, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Considering your recent threads which all evolve around the same question - there is something off.
That's your perspective. I'm more interested in what you have to say about the subjects expressed in the original posting.

Old 04-01-2024, 10:52 PM

867 posts, read 456,506 times
l dunno op.
The fact that you even ask just means you don't know her at all and so shouldn't be even trying yet.

Old 04-01-2024, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
l dunno op.
The fact that you even ask just means you don't know her at all and so shouldn't be even trying yet.
I really wish you people would stop assuming things that are clearly not expressed or even implied in my postings. Try engaging the content instead. This isn't about me. If you're going to be lazy and assume stuff like this then I'd rather you not reply at all.

Old 04-02-2024, 03:24 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Regarding physical intimacy, much has been made of the notion of consent. In particular, there is the idea that consent has to be "enthusiastically" given at every stage of the process of physical intimacy and can be revoked at any time. Moreover, according to this idea, consent cannot be rendered while one is under the influence or otherwise incapacitated, and that the lack of a 'no' does not equate to 'yes.'

The thing I find interesting about this particular notion of consent is that 'no' can be implied by body language, lack of expressed interest in continuing the act, etc. without needing to be verbalized. On the flip side, can a 'yes' also be implied? That is to say, while in the process of intimacy, are body language and other non-verbal cues that imply the desire to continue engaging in the intimate act given the same status as an implied 'no'?
What are you really asking here, how to get laid without being accused of rape, or...??

Old 04-02-2024, 07:09 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Regarding physical intimacy, much has been made of the notion of consent. In particular, there is the idea that consent has to be "enthusiastically" given at every stage of the process of physical intimacy and can be revoked at any time. Moreover, according to this idea, consent cannot be rendered while one is under the influence or otherwise incapacitated, and that the lack of a 'no' does not equate to 'yes.'

The thing I find interesting about this particular notion of consent is that 'no' can be implied by body language, lack of expressed interest in continuing the act, etc. without needing to be verbalized. On the flip side, can a 'yes' also be implied? That is to say, while in the process of intimacy, are body language and other non-verbal cues that imply the desire to continue engaging in the intimate act given the same status as an implied 'no'?
Its common sense. If she agrees to go to your place, a lone, and spend the night, in your bed, obviously she is open to intimacy.

If any of those is a no, then she is not.

This isn't rocket science. It's called common sense.

Old 04-02-2024, 09:19 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
These are unfair assumptions, tantamount to personal attacks. I would appreciate a more civil attempt at engaging this thread. What specifically do you have an issue with in terms of the content I just posted here?
The same as everyone else who answered to your question. Something is off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships