Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2024, 09:49 AM

11,837 posts, read 34,475,562 times

Advertisements

Z is still a brokerage in Colorado, so is trulia for that matter. Z has 1 licensee here.

Recently, they came up with a touring agreement https://www.zillowstatic.com/bedrock...d-vr041124.pdf and the pr for it can be found here https://www.zillowgroup.com/news/zil...ing-agreement/

They state that half of all buyers cried at some point of their home buying journey. The connotation is they are tears of sadness or frustration, but I’d say they are equal amounts of happy tears. So many buyers get emotional when their offer is accepted, their loan is approved or they close on their dream house.

Oh, and these touring agreements are not legal in Colorado.
1. We have standard duties that must be performed and this fall short
2. Only the real estate commission can promulgate forms or a licensed Colorado attorney. If an attorney drafts a document, that document is only for the use of that brokerage and has to be clearly stated.
3. There is no definition of Broker, customer or client.
4. There is no penalty for violating this agreement.

Thoughts?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2024, 10:04 AM

43,365 posts, read 77,261,969 times
My thought:

Well, Z has never been known for strictly observing ethical or legal boundaries.

But does this section not keep Z within the law on the point of representation?

"(c) Buyer and Broker agree that they are not entering into an agency relationship and Buyer is not a
client."

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 05-04-2024 at 11:10 AM..

Old 05-05-2024, 01:06 PM

15,594 posts, read 40,493,093 times
We just mandated buyer agency agreements this February but the administrative rules are still being created so I'm not sure what they will require within the documents or when they have to be signed. I know we generally follow Colorado so I expect the requirements to look similar.

The touring agreement seems to defeat the point of a buyer agency agreement, but at least here we don't have a minimum level of service so touring could be the only real estate activity, but it would still be an agency relationship.

Old 05-06-2024, 09:32 AM

10,976 posts, read 22,014,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
My thought:

Well, Z has never been known for strictly observing ethical or legal boundaries.

But does this section not keep Z within the law on the point of representation?

"(c) Buyer and Broker agree that they are not entering into an agency relationship and Buyer is not a
client."
I'm sure there will be a great variance by state on whether it meets laws and guidelines. I've seen this but not looked into much. Who is the contract actually with and who does Z expect to show the homes to these customers? Are they expecting agents at other brokerages to use their agreement?

I won't be signing any Zillow forms with buyers wanting to see homes. I would be willing to use our locally provided state, MLS and local company forms for buyers, as I already do.

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM

40,964 posts, read 49,278,180 times
They must lose a lot of people who tour a home with the referred agent then get dumped.

Their sock price is down 25% YTD. I don't understand why it's not down to $2 a share. I doubt they will eve show a profit.

Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I'm sure there will be a great variance by state on whether it meets laws and guidelines. I've seen this but not looked into much. Who is the contract actually with and who does Z expect to show the homes to these customers? Are they expecting agents at other brokerages to use their agreement?
I expect their Flex Agents will be required to use them. I think they still sell zipcodes too but I'm not sure on that.

Old Today, 01:45 PM

10,976 posts, read 22,014,951 times
I wonder if Big Z is one of the next lawsuit targets? This feels like a weak CYA attempt. I don't track them, but are they losing paying agents by the droves right now?

Old Today, 04:18 PM

40,964 posts, read 49,278,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I wonder if Big Z is one of the next lawsuit targets? This feels like a weak CYA attempt. I don't track them, but are they losing paying agents by the droves right now?
Income structures may not be enough to support fees to another 3rd party. You'd think Relocation companies would be concerned also.

Old Today, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Income structures may not be enough to support fees to another 3rd party. You'd think Relocation companies would be concerned also.
I know one of the Flex Agents here and he pays out 40%. Our BACs have dropped here since we decoupled. I don't see how agents can pay that high fee and still make money unless they can get buyers to make up the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals