Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 09:49 AM

59 posts, read 57,228 times

Advertisements

Hi
I see in Delta Airline site, that Delta Diamond, Platinum, Gold Medallion members can use "Priority Security Line" at RDU!

Has anyone used that line? If yes, where is it located? I can see signs only for TSA and CLEAR.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...dallion-status

(6) Priority Security Line Access: Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members have access to frequent traveler security lines in select U.S. domestic airports. To use these lines, show your digital Medallion membership card in the My Wallet section of the Fly Delta app along with the appropriate boarding documents. 

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2024, 10:16 AM

11,240 posts, read 8,340,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelangov View Post
Hi
I see in Delta Airline site, that Delta Diamond, Platinum, Gold Medallion members can use "Priority Security Line" at RDU!

Has anyone used that line? If yes, where is it located? I can see signs only for TSA and CLEAR.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...dallion-status

(6) Priority Security Line Access: Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members have access to frequent traveler security lines in select U.S. domestic airports. To use these lines, show your digital Medallion membership card in the My Wallet section of the Fly Delta app along with the appropriate boarding documents. 

Thank you.
Unless it's new, I don't think it exists. And I would be very shocked and somewhat displeased if they were allowed to use the TSA-Pre or Clear lines, as people paid for those services and if Delta is offering a premium service, THEY should provide it.

Old 05-13-2024, 11:41 AM

6,403 posts, read 5,531,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Unless it's new, I don't think it exists. And I would be very shocked and somewhat displeased if they were allowed to use the TSA-Pre or Clear lines, as people paid for those services and if Delta is offering a premium service, THEY should provide it.
Haven't been to the airport since October; but at that time there was only the standard security line and TSA pre-check/Clear.

Maybe it's something Delta has at their hub in Atlanta?

Old 05-13-2024, 11:48 AM

22,715 posts, read 36,914,828 times
A lot of airports have a TSA agent just walk people with CLEAR to the front of the Pre-check line. This may be a similar scenario so you may have to ask the TSA agent (larger airports greet people at the "top" of the line so to speak, so people without these perks don't get all the way down the "chute" - I am not sure if RDU has this).

I'm kind of baffled how an airline perk allows you to jump a TSA line, as someone else noted. I am guessing this is airport- dependent. You may need to call Delta for details.

Old 05-13-2024, 12:08 PM

11,240 posts, read 8,340,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

I'm kind of baffled how an airline perk allows you to jump a TSA line, as someone else noted. I am guessing this is airport- dependent. You may need to call Delta for details.
I'll raise heck if I see that when I travel. I paid for my TSA and jumped through the hoops. They sold it as TSA-Pre, not as "TSA-Pre unless a Delta customer pays more." Bait and switch, if it is actually happeningl

Old 05-13-2024, 12:44 PM

22,715 posts, read 36,914,828 times
Quote:
I'll raise heck if I see that when I travel. I paid for my TSA and jumped through the hoops. They sold it as TSA-Pre, not as "TSA-Pre unless a Delta customer pays more." Bait and switch, if it is actually happeningl
Pre check is also a trusted traveler program - someone who hasn't been fingerprinted and vetted should not be going through the less secure line.

Old 05-13-2024, 12:48 PM

43,422 posts, read 77,358,279 times
Quote:
I seldom fly, so my TSA Precheck is mouldering away.

Delta:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/csPOimz5FZ4
"...Depending on your elegibility..."

https://www.clearme.com/

Old 05-13-2024, 02:39 PM

348 posts, read 198,399 times
It's almost not worth it to get pre check these days. Some airports have so many pre checks that line is actually longer (and slower) than the regular line.

Old 05-13-2024, 02:40 PM

43,422 posts, read 77,358,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepImpact View Post
It's almost not worth it to get pre check these days. Some airports have so many pre checks that line is actually longer (and slower) than the regular like.
But, it is cheap and just a decision to make when one gets to the airport.

I don't like taking my shoes off.

Old 05-13-2024, 02:51 PM

6,660 posts, read 5,614,432 times
Chances are if you have a travel credit card, it includes getting TSA Pre-check for free so you might as well do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary