Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:41 AM

211 posts, read 187,728 times

Advertisements

Vaults and pedestals? What are those? Will they confirm fiber or just the provider?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:48 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Cpl View Post
Correct, and there's no way I'm going without internet for months on end with no date in sight. Guess me only option is to ask the neighborhood next door (ours is so new there is literally only one resident moved in).
If I'm reading this correctly and its a new neighborhood, the agent on site should be able to tell you who laid fiber prior to construction. When we bought our new build house the agent told us Spectrum and Centurylink were already laid (and Ting came in about a year later). They should have this info.

Old Today, 07:54 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/63562347-post1.html
Vault.

https://www.mymillennium.us/product/300-100007/
Pedestal. But, I think you will find that most fiber is routed through vaults which sit flush on the surface.

If you want to know the provider for a specific property, BoSox15 is right. The onsite agent should have a list of providers.
If not, you definitely need to contact all potential fiber providers, whether you want spam or not. That is the best way to get this done.

Old Today, 07:55 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
If I'm reading this correctly and its a new neighborhood, the agent on site should be able to tell you who laid fiber prior to construction. When we bought our new build house the agent told us Spectrum and Centurylink were already laid (and Ting came in about a year later). They should have this info.
Correct.

Old Today, 08:29 AM

6,453 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Correct, and there's no way I'm going without internet for months on end with no date in sight. Guess me only option is to ask the neighborhood next door (ours is so new there is literally only one resident moved in).
Not sure where you are moving from, but it does not take months for them to connect your house to fiber if they already have it installed in your hood.

Old Today, 09:33 AM

What I was referring to was if it is NOT yet installed in the neighborhood it could be months or even a year or more before they finally get there. I put my name on Google Fibers wait list 3 yrs ago and they just set up our current neighborhood last week.

Old Today, 11:39 AM

237 posts, read 238,208 times
Quote:
Moving there in a few months and want fiber only. Anyone WHO HAS AND CONFIRM fiber providers (rather than just randomly guessing or throwing out names) will be appreciated.
I pay $89/mo for symmetrical gigabit fiber with Ting and it has been rock solid since day 1. You can enter your address on their website to check for availability and they do NOT spam you after the fact:

https://ting.com/

Other than being slightly more expensive than the competition (Google $70, ATT $80), I have no complaints about their service. Much better than my experience with Spectrum.

Old Today, 12:00 PM

Sadly, the builder has told me Spectrum is the only provider in the development thus far. Since we're moving in 2 months I suspect that's my only option. Ting is not there yet. Sucks.

Old Today, 02:08 PM

237 posts, read 238,208 times
There's rumors about Spectrum installing symmetrical fiber called "High Split" (300, 500 and gig speeds) in new developments going forward. Is there a way to verify what type of service Spectrum is building out for this new development?

Old Today, 03:24 PM

I can assure you, calling Spectrum won't get you that answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary