Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 07:45 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,408,997 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/s/seeking...using-shortage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 08:20 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
So none of y’all going to mention the real cause of all this ? Fact that a quarter of all our single family homes are owned and bought up by investment companies ? Large companies who get better loan terms than you? Who can afford to pay much more than you for a house ? Oh no but is anti development . Funny . Crazy how the housing crunch solved itself when the real estate bubble burst in 2008.
That's just not correct, regardless of what Reddit wants to believe.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
That's just not correct, regardless of what Reddit wants to believe.
Except it is , we can debate how much influence it has but at least for the Raleigh market the numbers I mentioned are . I’m not on Reddit either btw. It’s a crap hole of loonies .

Old 12-17-2021, 07:06 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,728,862 times
Quote:
Except it is , we can debate how much influence it has but at least for the Raleigh market the numbers I mentioned are . I’m not on Reddit either btw. It’s a crap hole of loonies .
What's your source for this claim then?

Old 12-17-2021, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
We can start here, but a lot has been said about it last few months.

https://www.wraltechwire.com/2021/08...-tight-market/

Old 12-17-2021, 10:18 PM

6,379 posts, read 5,498,068 times
Quote:

Investors are along for the ride and they augmenting the housing shortage and price increases for sure....but they aren't the kingpin culprit that is being hyped as. That's a bit of a red herring.

Old 12-18-2021, 07:22 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
Quote:
Someone*** said it so it must be true.

*** (who definitely isn’t on Reddit where oh so coincidentally people whine all day and night about this exact thing while they imagine a utopian world where no one has to work)

I know it is hard for some to imagine, but there are lots of people living here now where a couple has two high paying jobs. Lots of people (dozens per day) moving to the area from HCOL locations where even at higher prices things seem cheap here. We have not built enough housing around here for years and that has driven prices up.

Old 12-18-2021, 07:27 AM
DPK

Quote:

This article is also dated and ignores how Zillow is now liquidating their purchased home assets and getting out of the flipping game.

Old 12-18-2021, 07:32 AM
DPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
there are lots of people living here now where a couple has two high paying jobs
Yep, this is the only way my wife and I can afford to own a home in this area. It's also disturbing because if we hadn't bought when we did a few years ago we agreed that it'd be incredibly hard, if not impossible to get a home like we have now in this area without selling our souls.

In our area near downtown things just don't pop up on the market anymore like they used to either. If they do they're now in the 600-800 range, or higher. A lot of my neighbors have gotten appraisals and joked about selling, but then we crash back to reality and realize "where would we go" as there's no where to go right now.

Old 12-18-2021, 07:54 AM

4,605 posts, read 6,429,984 times
Quote:
Yep, this is the only way my wife and I can afford to own a home in this area. It's also disturbing because if we hadn't bought when we did a few years ago we agreed that it'd be incredibly hard, if not impossible to get a home like we have now in this area without selling our souls.

In our area near downtown things just don't pop up on the market anymore like they used to either. If they do they're now in the 600-800 range, or higher. A lot of my neighbors have gotten appraisals and joked about selling, but then we crash back to reality and realize "where would we go" as there's no where to go right now.
Facts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary