Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 09:06 AM

4,611 posts, read 6,445,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A local developer is looking to bring a mixed-use apartment complex to Smithfield after a big land purchase.

An LLC addressed to Carolina Commercial Contractors bought about 165 acres in Johnston County for $5.2 million, according to a deed filed Dec. 30. The land sits on M. Durwood Stephenson Parkway with proximity to both downtown Smithfield and Selma.

Carter Keller, managing member of Sanford-based Carolina Commercial Contractors, said the project will include apartments and other uses. But since his company is in the early stages of developing a plan, he didn't have specifics to share.

"It'll be a mixed-use project," Keller said. His company is working on another project up the road, an assisted living facility. "We've really enjoyed working with the town and the folks in Smithfield. It's just the type of community that we want to be involved with. We're really excited to have an opportunity to do something special that we feel like doesn't exist in Smithfield."
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...mithfield.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Plans for Wellons Park include 83 single-family homes ranging from 1,400-1,600 square feet, said Clifton Holloman, a land broker for National Land Realty who represented the buyer in a recent transaction. The land is located in Micro, a small town between Selma and Kenly along Interstate 95 in Johnston County.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...lons-park.html

Old 03-07-2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Raleigh-based Edgewater Ventures is planning to invest $40 million to build an approximately 500,000-square-foot speculative industrial facility near Benson. The Johnston County Board of Commissioners agreed to provide the project with economic incentives during its meeting Monday morning. The site has the ability to expand up to nearly 1.1 million square feet.

"Even at 501,120 square feet, it's really the largest speculative facility ever built in the Raleigh-Durham MSA," said Chris Norvell, a partner at Edgewater Ventures. The plan is to break ground in the May/June timeframe and be operational by Q1 2023.

The project, called Crosspoint Logistics Center, will sit near the Interstate 95 and I-40 interchange on a piece of property that an LLC addressed to Edgewater Ventures bought last October for just under $1.5 million.
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...-building.html

Old 03-09-2022, 09:55 AM

Johnston County will chip in $750,000 toward the building of a vast warehouse that officials hope will soon be filled with hundreds of workers. Edgewater Ventures, which has offices in Raleigh and Wrightsville Beach, said it plans to break ground this spring on the first phase of Crosspoint Logistics Center, a 500,000-square-foot distribution facility. It’s located on a chunk of land southeast of the junction of I-40 and I-95.

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/bu...#storylink=cpy

Old 03-25-2022, 10:12 PM

Quote:
SMITHFIELD — A company that develops speculative industrial space will build a sprawling distribution center near interstates 40 and 95 in Benson.

At roughly 500,000 square feet, the first phase of Crosspoint Logistics Center will be the largest speculative industrial space ever built in the Triangle area, according to Johnston County’s Economic Development Office. Ultimately, the project’s developer, Raleigh-based Edgewater Ventures, plans 1.1 million square feet in the industrial park.

“We’re extremely excited to announce this project in the Town of Benson and Johnston County,” said Chris Norvell, lead industrial partner with Edgewater Ventures. “It’s an incredible location at the I-40 and I-95 interchange that we expect to attract companies looking for direct accessibility to the entire Eastern Seaboard and multiple Southeastern ports.”

https://restorationnewsmedia.com/joh...benson-9644498

Old 03-27-2022, 09:01 AM

I haven’t been to Smithfield in over 20 years, but I welcome any change from the bigoted, small-minded regressive mindset I found prevalent there. There were some sweet people I love there, but the majority culture then was quite bigoted and archaic.

Old 04-03-2022, 08:08 PM

Quote:
CLAYTON — A mix of single-family homes and townhouses is coming to 22.19 acres near Ramblewood Drive and U.S. 70 Business.

“It’s a place to live and play,” said project manager Marty Bizzell of Bass, Nixon & Kennedy Consulting Engineers. “We feel very highly about that.”

Bizzell noted that the project’s 98 single-family homes would face courtyards, not a street. “This is a unique layout but not unique to Clayton,” he said. “A few years ago, we stood up here and talked about the Walk at East Village, and that has been highly successful.
https://www.newsbreak.com/news/25568...lewood-village

Old 04-03-2022, 09:07 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,414,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I haven’t been to Smithfield in over 20 years, but I welcome any change from the bigoted, small-minded regressive mindset I found prevalent there. There were some sweet people I love there, but the majority culture then was quite bigoted and archaic.

Yet people get offended when I make a casual harmless joke about chapel hill folks eating nothing but sushi then this flys? This is pretty messed up. Smithfield has great people and is a great place. Replacing them with a bunch of transplants doesn't make the place better.

Old 04-03-2022, 10:05 PM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,733,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Yet people get offended when I make a casual harmless joke about chapel hill folks eating nothing but sushi then this flys? This is pretty messed up. Smithfield has great people and is a great place. Replacing them with a bunch of transplants doesn't make the place better.
Neither of you are/were in your right minds right now with what is being said if that makes you feel better. You are also digressing from your original social commentary at the time, because that isn't all of what you said.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:40 PM

I stand by my comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary