Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 10:11 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,147 times

Advertisements

His wife announced it at the start of today's show. RIP, Rush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 11:06 AM

237 posts, read 283,317 times
A true giant in the industry. He single handedly saved AM radio & gave millions a voice, a forum.....a home. RIP Maha Rushie.

Old 02-17-2021, 11:08 AM

1,428 posts, read 664,519 times
Rip. Thank you.

Old 02-17-2021, 11:16 AM

7,077 posts, read 8,939,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGAFL View Post
He single handedly saved AM radio
Yes he sure did, not many people can remember what AM radio was like before he came along, sports, news, preachers and moldy oldies. All I had in my 1978 Plymouth Fury was AM radio and buying a $10 FM converter was a special occasion.

Old 02-17-2021, 01:43 PM

2,496 posts, read 3,246,530 times
RIP. Now the world is a better place.

Old 02-17-2021, 04:10 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,282,644 times
I won't lie. I listened to him now and then. I feel its my duty to try and listen to people with different opinions. But I could never last more than 10 minutes, because I can't listen to people who have different facts, that aren't facts. I can't help but wonder if all the hatred he carried inside of him, and cultivated daily for the sake of his show, helped speed his demise. That just can't be good for a person.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:27 AM

4,140 posts, read 3,049,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGAFL View Post
A true giant in the industry. He single handedly saved AM radio & gave millions a voice, a forum.....a home. RIP Maha Rushie.
It's going to be tough for AM radio now that Rush Limbaugh has died. The U.S. has become plagued with electronics that create interference in the AM band, and neither ABBA nor Elvis are releasing new singles. In fact, the successor to the Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver I have does not even offer the AM Band. My receiver does not offer HD radio, which is why I keep a Sony XDR-F1HD tuner hooked up. That way I can listen to classical music on FM instead of NPR.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:32 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times
i stopped listening to talk radio a long time ago but when i had the opportunity to listen to rush i could see that he was very good at what he did. i remember talking to people who hated him and thought he was so angry, crazy and evil but they never listened to his radio show. i would point out that if they actually listened to him they would probably disagree with him but he doesnt come off as the crazy hateful person they make him out to be. i doubt he would have been so successful if he did.

ive moved away from that political line of thinking and so i cant listen to pretty much anyone except ron paul anymore. but rush was great at what he did.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 02-18-2021 at 08:44 AM..

Old 02-18-2021, 09:53 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,282,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i stopped listening to talk radio a long time ago but when i had the opportunity to listen to rush i could see that he was very good at what he did. i remember talking to people who hated him and thought he was so angry, crazy and evil but they never listened to his radio show. i would point out that if they actually listened to him they would probably disagree with him but he doesnt come off as the crazy hateful person they make him out to be. i doubt he would have been so successful if he did.

ive moved away from that political line of thinking and so i cant listen to pretty much anyone except ron paul anymore. but rush was great at what he did.

No, he did come across as angry and very, very hateful. And I did listen to him every chance I got, for the aforementioned 10 minutes until I couldn't listen anymore. I didn't hate him, I just couldn't listen to such bombastic lies and venomous animosity for long. Like I said, that just can't be healthy for a person. The people he slammed day in and day out were not terrorists plotting to blow up child-packed churches during Sunday School, they were everyday Americans who had different opinions and viewpoints than him. And he spewed vitriolic hatred about them all day long. He fed and profited from the polarization and divisiveness that has become...ironically...a cancer in the US. He has to take a lot of the blame for that.

The first time I heard him I thought he was a comedian because the things he was saying were so outrageously and obviously false. When I realized he was probably serious I didn't hate him it just made me sad, very sad.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:22 AM

7,077 posts, read 8,939,481 times
Rush Limbaugh: Have you ever read anything I have written?

Brian Griffin: No I haven’t but I have read things other people have written about the things that you have written and I don’t approve of the things I have read about the things you have written, not one bit sir.

At least he was man enough to be a guest voice actor to portray himself on Family Guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio