Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
I don’t know why this post stood out to me so much that I remembered a really old thread you started years ago, a dozen actually. It was a hot button topic for me when I was younger, but as the years have gone by, I’ve found there’s very little we can claim as original.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/non-...ople-copy.html

yes, I did, and when telling my sister about this, my sister said, she is just like Mary, who did the same where I lived...she had to have everything I had, right down to the dishcloth, my carpets, the women even walked into my master bath room, and I questioned her why and she said, I just wanted to see how you had it decorated....that stuff really annoys me....she was another one who asked very personal questions. I didn't start a dozen threads like this? This I believe is the second one, and I don't even remember what threads I started how is it you do? A total stranger, if indeed you are....I don't even remember your name, let alone the threads you start?

and please explain a hot bottom topic for you? How so?

and you don't believe there are many people like this out there? Is that why this struck you funny?

Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,024,916 times
You're being cloned!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP_SdjD5ms

Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
LOL< yup, I remember this movie...

yupper she is a Body Snatcher....lol

Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM

2,057 posts, read 1,000,626 times
Quote:
I don’t know why this post stood out to me so much that I remembered a really old thread you started years ago, a dozen actually. It was a hot button topic for me when I was younger, but as the years have gone by, I’ve found there’s very little we can claim as original.

It certainly explains the level of unwarranted bile.

OP: Who do you think is judging you (or her) for you decorating choices, sheesh, I mean it's very low stakes. How should this affect your mood or self esteem in the least?

Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM

2,057 posts, read 1,000,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

and you don't believe there are many people like this out there? Is that why this struck you funny?
People who keep score about meaningless things and left themselves get deeply upset about?

Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM

19,655 posts, read 12,244,081 times
She's a weirdo. The weird neighbor. Sorry you got targeted by one of those.

I will say a few blocks down there is a house I'm obsessed with, it looks like it came out of a fairytale book the way it is decorated. When I discovered it I already liked that cottage style but I don't have that type of house or yard. I do have a few touches of that style but if I could I would have a close replica of that house. Looking at it literally lowers my blood pressure and makes me want to bake gingerbread cookies. lol. The owner has probably seen me stalking the house but I suspect I'm not the only one.

Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM

3,150 posts, read 1,606,175 times
OP, I agree that your decorative ideas have value; you took the time to find and decide what would look good inside and outside your home and a stranger just wants to copy them and get the compliments. Interior designers charge a fee even though they just purchase items for placement in a home. So rather than hire an interior designer, she wants to see your home, find out where you purchased items and copy your ideas at no cost or effort.

I understand your annoyance but there isn't anything you can do. I worked with a professional landscaper for many hours in learning about trees, bushes, flowers, mulch beds, placement, etc. not to mention paid a significant sum for his ideas and labor in beautifully landscaping our front lawn. My neighbor simply copied all the ideas for free. No, I don't consider it a compliment that he copied my landscaping.

Last edited by Maddie104; Yesterday at 11:48 AM..

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
She's a weirdo. The weird neighbor. Sorry you got targeted by one of those.

I will say a few blocks down there is a house I'm obsessed with, it looks like it came out of a fairytale book the way it is decorated. When I discovered it I already liked that cottage style but I don't have that type of house or yard. I do have a few touches of that style but if I could I would have a close replica of that house. Looking at it literally lowers my blood pressure and makes me want to bake gingerbread cookies. lol. The owner has probably seen me stalking the house but I suspect I'm not the only one.
I know what you mean, there are just some very stunning decorating ideas...I would love to see it, but would certainly not want one like it, its just something I wouldn't do. I guess there is no right or wrong, in this case, it's just all about who we are as people, what we like and don't like....,

I've googled this and there are a lot of people who are offended by this...about 60% and it doesn't bother others, I guess it's all about how much it happens, or how often...I saw one woman said the neighbor women would even dress like her, wear the same shorts and T-s, and would parade around to show her that she was copying her? She sounds a bit unhinged.

anyway, thanks so much tamajane, for your input....

Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM

10,770 posts, read 5,687,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I just met the women, she was a stranger, that very moment was the first time I knew she existed, how did I know if she really lived there or not? I didn't know what to say, I was caught off guard....some might not find that rude, I did....and from what she has been doing since she moved in is rude....she has a dog that howls and she lets it out on her deck in the early morning hours, and it howls without any concern for neighbors who are still sleeping especially on weekends...the woman has no concept of others....

I've walked out with company and there she is at her window watching???? Its creepy...and an invasion of privacy....very invasive....it's like, she's saying, you are not allowed to have anything I don't have. Because right after I put something new out, she does the same thing...sometimes it's funny....I mean when a neighbor walks up to me and states, "looks like your neighbor across the street is extremely jealous, insecure or both"...you know something isn't right.

and I didn't dislike her from the beginning, I disliked the fact that she was so forward, some people are very privet people, and all she did, was direct questions at me????? Where you from? What do you do for a living, How much do you get from your pension...I mean, stop!!!!!

and it is Identity theft....
How did she move into her house without you noticing?

And someone looking out their window doesn’t constitute an invasion of your privacy. Not even a little bit.

Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM

10,770 posts, read 5,687,611 times
Quote:

Oh, this is hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology