Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 10:36 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,807,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I bought a air fryer and instant pot on the same day. I must say I use both of them alot. For me the air fryer is good for quick snacks while the instant pot is better for cooking foods that normally take a long time to cook. Both of these appliances were good purchases in my kitchen.
While I love my instant pot, our air fryer gets just about equal use in our home. Yesterday I cooked 4 bone-in chicken thighs to perfection.

Previously, while it was raining outside, we though our steaks into the air fryer. Came out perfectly medium rare, juicy with a decent crust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2022, 01:22 PM

20,627 posts, read 4,412,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
We were late to the Air Fryer party, having got our first one, a 7-qt. Gourmet air fryer, at Costco when we joined Costco for the first time last year. I haven't used it myself, but my husband likes it and cooks a variety of items in it. Lately i notice an odor that may come from the non-stick coating so I would like to replace it with a more versatile unit that doesn't have a non-stick coating, but we don't want a $300+ unit. Therefore, I am been looking into the Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 Digital Air Fry Toaster Oven that is on sale at Costco for $140. It's 13" wide inside, and it tilts up when not in use to save room on the counter.

Does anyone here have experience with this appliance?

I have this model: Ninja® Foodi™ 10-in-1 Smart XL Pro Air Fry Oven Model # DT251

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-DT251-C...ps%2C95&sr=8-1

I did consider the Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 Digital Air Fry Toaster Oven, but it was to small for my needs. I was replacing a convection oven, so going smaller wasn't an option. So I went with the DT251
I've had it for seven monthsand it's been great. I've cooked many things like:

Orings, CKN Breasts, Pizza, Whole CKN, cakes, pies, etc.

The only it doesn't have is a rotisserie which my old convection oven had.

Before you decide which to get, look at both carefully. The whole Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 Digital Air Fry Toaster Oven tilts up when not in use to save room on the counter, sounded good to me to. But that feature is useless for the location I need to place my oven. Also check them out in person to see how big they actually are.

For me the Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 Digital Air Fry Toaster Oven was on the smaller side. I would have to use it 2x to cook what the DT251 cooks each time.

IE: DT251 cooks 6 CKN breasts at one time (3 on each rack), while the Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 cooks only 3 on one rack.

Old 10-08-2023, 06:16 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,150,912 times
Ever since I got my 4 rack air fryer I haven't used my basket one even once. I barely use my gas oven and its actually cheaper for me to use my air fryer than my gas oven. I'm a vegetarian, my boyfriend is not so we have 2. Best buys ever.

Old 10-08-2023, 07:47 PM

24,480 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
Ever since I got my 4 rack air fryer I haven't used my basket one even once. I barely use my gas oven and its actually cheaper for me to use my air fryer than my gas oven. I'm a vegetarian, my boyfriend is not so we have 2. Best buys ever.
would you please post which one you are using? thank you!

Old 10-11-2023, 01:13 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,150,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
would you please post which one you are using? thank you!

https://www.countrydoor.com/p/10-qt-...SABEgI38_D_BwE
Sorry. couldn't get pic to show up but this link shows it.

This one is my favorite. But I have the bigger one. I think its a 12.6qt. I use it the most. It only shows 3 racks and one tray but mine has 5 shelve slots and came with more accessories. Otherwise I think that one is the same, just a little smaller.

The BF one is also a PowerXL but is bigger and square on top.

Also I cheat and put foil on bottom so I have no clean up. Rack and accessories go in the dishwasher.

The last basket one I bought was only 3.4qts and took up exactly the same amount of counter space. It was a pain to clean and for some reason I kept breaking them because the handle would release to easily. I love having door instead. I can cook just about anything in this air fryer that I can cook in an oven.

We use mine the most. Going to make homemade pizza's in it tonight for him. And a calzone for me.

Old 10-11-2023, 02:09 PM

24,480 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
https://www.countrydoor.com/p/10-qt-...SABEgI38_D_BwE
Sorry. couldn't get pic to show up but this link shows it.

This one is my favorite. But I have the bigger one. I think its a 12.6qt. I use it the most. It only shows 3 racks and one tray but mine has 5 shelve slots and came with more accessories. Otherwise I think that one is the same, just a little smaller.

The BF one is also a PowerXL but is bigger and square on top.

Also I cheat and put foil on bottom so I have no clean up. Rack and accessories go in the dishwasher.

The last basket one I bought was only 3.4qts and took up exactly the same amount of counter space. It was a pain to clean and for some reason I kept breaking them because the handle would release to easily. I love having door instead. I can cook just about anything in this air fryer that I can cook in an oven.

We use mine the most. Going to make homemade pizza's in it tonight for him. And a calzone for me.
Thank you so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews