Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 04:36 AM

4,724 posts, read 4,415,751 times

Advertisements

In our last house, we got a Bosch dishwasher a year or two before we moved. It was one of the lower priced models, sold at Lowe's. I knew that it would be a good move because people perceive Bosch to be a quality product. It was ok, but I was not at all bowled over by it.
We moved, and just did a kitchen remodel. I replaced a 25 year old functioning GE dishwasher (man was it noisy though. I hardly used it) with a new one. In the past I would replace appliances piecemeal as they needed replacement and went with all different brands. This time, we went with an appliance package ( all one brand- and GE was selected).
Again, the dishwasher is a good one but not the top of the line. I am now using it about every other day on average and so far, pretty pleased. Moderately priced, good reviews, and so far so good.
PDT715SYNFS is the one we got. This links to it at Lowe's, but we bought it at a local store.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Profile-...TAR/1001009594
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2022, 04:06 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,469,646 times
dont forget to add on the cost of installing it and removing the old one and make sure it fits

Old 09-06-2023, 06:28 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,204,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
In our last house, we got a Bosch dishwasher a year or two before we moved. It was one of the lower priced models, sold at Lowe's. I knew that it would be a good move because people perceive Bosch to be a quality product. It was ok, but I was not at all bowled over by it.
We moved, and just did a kitchen remodel. I replaced a 25 year old functioning GE dishwasher (man was it noisy though. I hardly used it) with a new one. In the past I would replace appliances piecemeal as they needed replacement and went with all different brands. This time, we went with an appliance package ( all one brand- and GE was selected).
Again, the dishwasher is a good one but not the top of the line. I am now using it about every other day on average and so far, pretty pleased. Moderately priced, good reviews, and so far so good.
PDT715SYNFS is the one we got. This links to it at Lowe's, but we bought it at a local store.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Profile-...TAR/1001009594
I just ordered this dishwasher to replace a non-working Maytag that was in this house when we bought it 20 yrs ago. Well, it was working but not well at all and we could never fix it. I have done dishes by hand for pretty much my whole life and want to relieve myself of that chore
I purchased the GE Profile from a local appliance store because I know the manager and do want to keep things local when I can. Got it on sale for $749 (was $1100 ish regularly) and because it looked as good as the Bosch I wanted but had even more features at a better price. Third rack, bottle wash section and spray jets under the utensil basket. Top rack raises up a level to give more room for the lower one if needed. That said, I don't have it yet , will be delivered on Friday and I'll post back.
I bought a Maytag washer from the same local place last week. We are slowly replacing the appliances. DW is stainless (frig and stove 'bisque' but I'm gonna have to go with stainless even though that's not my favorite. hard to find bisque anywhere).

Mayvenne are you still happy with the DW?

Oh, EDIT....cost to install. yea, that was a surprise. $239 for the DW, but since I bought the washing machine at the same place, and paid 49.95 for the install and removal for that, they prorated the $239 down to $189 ish. Included int that installation are new hoses, etc, and both items are carted off. yay!!

Old 09-20-2023, 05:37 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,204,944 times
Follow up: I am very happy with the GE Profile dishwasher!! 3 racks (I use that very top one for long utensils). It has bottle jets (not used yet) and jets under the utensil holder. Awesome. Everything comes out super clean. I use the one hour cycle - there are different selections) and with the standard dry cycle, it's a 2 hr gig. But I don't mind it once it's on, I'm going about other chores and it is super quiet. Like, really. Detergent is Cascade little 'packs' and I also use the rinse product (you can fill a little tank and select 'minimum' so that lasts a while).
Dishes are spotless. Cleaner that I can get them. Curious to see if the electric bill goes up..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews