Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:40 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,746 times

Advertisements

The schedule is brutal this year, but that is the case for all 4 teams in the AFCNorth. The Browns will finish 9-7 or 10-6 and win the North. The overrated Squeelpigs will drop to 8-8 after Ben Frankenstein and Charlie Bee-Atch get pummeled behind their cheesecloth curtain of an offensive line.

The Flying Rats and Bungles will battle for who gets control of the broom to sweep out the AFCNorth basement.

This will be the year that finally shuts the traps of the SqueelerFrontrunnerNation...of which several reside here.

Doug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 03:46 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times
Hopefully the Browns wont get caught up in the preseason hype and think all they have to do is go on the field to win.
I think they are a much better team this year, with some question marks, but if they play up to their capabilities I can see them at 9-7 or maybe 10-6 even with the tough schedule.
I'm sure they will finish better than that STEELESS team from PI$$BURGH and the Kitty Cats from Cincy.
I haven't had this much hope since the Brian Sipe and Bernie Kozar years. Guess I'm dating myself with that comment.
I do have more confidence in Brady than I do in Anderson. I think Brady would take us farther and that he is the real quarterback of the future.
Baltimore is named wrong. They should be called the Baltimorons.

Go Browns
RUFF, RUFF, RUFF- give us a bone, thats dogpound talk for all you meow kitty litter and bird seed people. I don't know what Steeless people eat, maybe they just drink Rustoleum.

No offense intended, it's all in fun.

Last edited by Robhu; 07-26-2008 at 04:03 AM..

Old 08-01-2008, 10:17 PM

The reason the Browns will win the AFC North this season is simple. Of the 4 teams in the division we now have the strongest Offensive AND defensive lines. Football games are won at the line...in the trenches. We also have the stars on offense: Jamal, Braylon, KW2 & DA.

This is gonna be a fun season.

Doug

Old 08-02-2008, 03:17 PM

910 posts, read 2,983,499 times
furnier you have no idea who has a stronger line untill you see them play during the regular season

Old 08-02-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
furnier you have no idea who has a stronger line untill you see them play during the regular season
I pay attention to who's on the roster. I pay attention to what is going on in EVERY team's training camp. I pay attention to who is the most injured. We have the best lines in the division....trust me on this.

Doug

Old 08-05-2008, 03:41 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
I see the Browns going 9-7 or 8-8 w/ Derrick Anderson as the starter. If Brady Quinn wins the job, I can see them going 10-6, b/c that will be a bit of an upgrade at he QB spot imo. I think Brady also has a higher ceiling, and that Derrick Anderson, while having a good season last year, has probably peaked.

Anyways, here's to Dethroning the Pittspuke Squealers as the AFC North Champs.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:45 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Fellow Browns fans post your thoughts on how you think the team will do this upcoming season.

My predictions
10 or 11 wins and winning the AFC North
AFC Champions
Superbowl Champions
10-6. lose in divisional playoffs. 12-4 in 2009 and SUperbowl victors.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:47 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnier View Post
The reason the Browns will win the AFC North this season is simple. Of the 4 teams in the division we now have the strongest Offensive AND defensive lines. Football games are won at the line...in the trenches. We also have the stars on offense: Jamal, Braylon, KW2 & DA.

This is gonna be a fun season.

Doug
They may have the best offensive line, however, they don't have the best defensive line.

OFFENSIVE DIVISON RANKINGS:

Pass Offense: 1) Bengals 2) Browns 3) Steelers 4) Ravens
Rush Offense: 1) Steelers 2) Browns 3) Ravens 4) Bengals
O-Line: 1) Browns 2) Bengals 3) Ravens 4) Steelers
QB: 1) Bengals 2) Steelers 3) Browns 4) Ravens
WR: 1) Bengals 2) Browns 3) Steelers 4) Ravens
TE: 1) Browns 2) Ravens 3) Steelers 4) Bengals
RB: 1) Steelers 2) Ravens 3) Browns 4) Bengals

The Browns O-Line is a fraction better than the Bengals O-Line.

Palmer is a fraction better then Roethlisberger and after this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Roethlisberger is the best QB in the division. He's that good.

I give the Brows the nod at TE over the Ravens. Really, the Browns, Ravens, and Steelers have very good tight ends. The Bengals don't.

I think McGahee is better than Jamal Lewis and think Ray Rice will be a beast, hence the Ravens ranking over the Browns.

TOTAL OFFENSE: 1) Bengals 2) Browns 3) Steelers 4) Ravens

DEFENSIVE DIVISION RANKINGS:

Pass Defense: 1) Steelers 2) Bengals 3) Ravens 4) Browns
Rush Defense: 1) Ravens 2) Steelers 3) Browns 4) Bengals
D-Line: 1) Ravens 2) Steelers 3) Browns 4) Bengals
LB: 1) Ravens 2) Steelers 3) Browns 4) Bengals
CB: 1) Bengals 2) Steelers 3) Ravens 4) Browns
S: 1) Steeler 2) Browns 3) Ravens 4) Bengals

TOTAL DEFENSE: 1) Steelers 2) Ravens 3) Browns 4) Bengals

The one surprise is the Bengals at #1 for corners. I think their Hall-Joseph tandem is the best in the division right now and Hall is just going into his 2nd year and Joseph into his 3rd year.

Fire away.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:46 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
They may have the best offensive line, however, they don't have the best defensive line.

OFFENSIVE DIVISON RANKINGS:

Pass Offense: 1) Bengals 2) Browns 3) Steelers 4) Ravens
Rush Offense: 1) Steelers 2) Browns 3) Ravens 4) Bengals
O-Line: 1) Browns 2) Bengals 3) Ravens 4) Steelers
QB: 1) Bengals 2) Steelers 3) Browns 4) Ravens
WR: 1) Bengals 2) Browns 3) Steelers 4) Ravens
TE: 1) Browns 2) Ravens 3) Steelers 4) Bengals
RB: 1) Steelers 2) Ravens 3) Browns 4) Bengals

The Browns O-Line is a fraction better than the Bengals O-Line.

Palmer is a fraction better then Roethlisberger and after this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Roethlisberger is the best QB in the division. He's that good.

I give the Brows the nod at TE over the Ravens. Really, the Browns, Ravens, and Steelers have very good tight ends. The Bengals don't.

I think McGahee is better than Jamal Lewis and think Ray Rice will be a beast, hence the Ravens ranking over the Browns.

TOTAL OFFENSE: 1) Bengals 2) Browns 3) Steelers 4) Ravens

DEFENSIVE DIVISION RANKINGS:

Pass Defense: 1) Steelers 2) Bengals 3) Ravens 4) Browns
Rush Defense: 1) Ravens 2) Steelers 3) Browns 4) Bengals
D-Line: 1) Ravens 2) Steelers 3) Browns 4) Bengals
LB: 1) Ravens 2) Steelers 3) Browns 4) Bengals
CB: 1) Bengals 2) Steelers 3) Ravens 4) Browns
S: 1) Steeler 2) Browns 3) Ravens 4) Bengals

TOTAL DEFENSE: 1) Steelers 2) Ravens 3) Browns 4) Bengals

The one surprise is the Bengals at #1 for corners. I think their Hall-Joseph tandem is the best in the division right now and Hall is just going into his 2nd year and Joseph into his 3rd year.

Fire away.
Will just have to wait and see what happens this season.And if your going by last year then Braylon Edwards had a better season then Chad Johnson last year in the reciever department.I don't sleep on The Bengals and Ravens though.I just think that the division will come down to The Browns and Steelers,where ultimatly I think The Browns will win.The Browns made alot of improvements defensivly.If all the pick ups they got for the defense work out they should win the division.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:31 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnier View Post
I pay attention to who's on the roster. I pay attention to what is going on in EVERY team's training camp. I pay attention to who is the most injured. We have the best lines in the division....trust me on this.

Doug
OMG i hope your right.....this needs to be an awesome season for the browns.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football