Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2008, 03:34 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times

Advertisements

OK, you want to talk Steeler history Here's some real history for you Ohiogirl!!

Pittsburgh leads the all-time series 56-55 (including postseason) following its 34-7 victory over the Browns in Week 1 of this season...the Steelers are 47-24 against the Browns since 1970, including a 30-6 record (including two playoff victories) in Pittsburgh and a 16-18 mark on the road...the Steelers are 6-1 (including postseason) against the Browns at Heinz Field...the Steelers are looking for their ninth straight victory over the Browns and look to sweep the season series for the fourth straight year...the Steelers are 7-1 against the Browns at Cleveland Browns Stadium, which opened in 1999...the Steelers defeated the Browns, 43-0, in the first game at Cleveland’s new stadium on Sept. 12, 1999...Pittsburgh is 2-0 versus Cleveland in the postseason, defeating the Browns, 36-33, in the 2002 AFC Wild Card playoffs, and 29-9 in the AFC Divisional Playoffs at Three Rivers Stadium (Jan. 7, 1995)...Pittsburgh has played more games against Cleveland than against any other team in the NFL...the 111 games played between the Steelers and the Browns are the most between any two AFC teams...the Steelers have won 14 of their last 15 games against the Browns, and 21 of the last 24 contests...Pittsburgh’s loss to the Browns Oct. 5, 2003, ended a six-game Steelers’ winning streak...the Steelers have not been swept by the Browns since 1988 but have swept Cleveland four of the past five years...Pittsburgh has shut out the Browns five times in the series, including a 41-0 blanking last year on Dec. 24 in Cleveland.

Before you spout off your mouth, make sure your team has even won a CHAMPIONSHIP first! How many SB RINGS has Cleveland won? Oh, my bad...that would be NONE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Perhaps, but alas, I'm not from Cleveland.

It's a known fact, plain and simple and you're asking me to look at what a Steeler says about it as a defense?? Why don't you go ask Jeffrey Dahmer's mother if he was a good boy?

Of course, Bradshaw did say that the best quarterback in the division in his day was Ken Anderson.
OH...so anything Bradshaw says in defense of the Steelers is CRAP but anything he says in defense of a Bungals player is ABSOLUTE TRUTH! I am not disputing Ken Anderson's abilities as a QB, but I love how you believe what you want to believe, hear what you want to hear!!

Do you honestly think that other teams back in the 70's were not using steroids? If you do, you are sadly mistaken.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:49 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
OH...so anything Bradshaw says in defense of the Steelers is CRAP but anything he says in defense of a Bungals player is ABSOLUTE TRUTH! I am not disputing Ken Anderson's abilities as a QB, but I love how you believe what you want to believe, hear what you want to hear!!

Do you honestly think that other teams back in the 70's were not using steroids? If you do, you are sadly mistaken.
Nowhere near to the extent the Steelers were. It's common knowledge. One of my college coaches was an ex-Steeler that played from 1972-1979 and he told us about the abuse. Legendary. Lots of ex-Steelers today are suffering from its consequences. Pretty sad.

I'm not saying I believe what Bradshaw said about Ken Anderson. It's just funny hearing him say it.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
OK, you want to talk Steeler history Here's some real history for you Ohiogirl!!

Pittsburgh leads the all-time series 56-55 (including postseason) following its 34-7 victory over the Browns in Week 1 of this season...the Steelers are 47-24 against the Browns since 1970, including a 30-6 record (including two playoff victories) in Pittsburgh and a 16-18 mark on the road...the Steelers are 6-1 (including postseason) against the Browns at Heinz Field...the Steelers are looking for their ninth straight victory over the Browns and look to sweep the season series for the fourth straight year...the Steelers are 7-1 against the Browns at Cleveland Browns Stadium, which opened in 1999...the Steelers defeated the Browns, 43-0, in the first game at Cleveland’s new stadium on Sept. 12, 1999...Pittsburgh is 2-0 versus Cleveland in the postseason, defeating the Browns, 36-33, in the 2002 AFC Wild Card playoffs, and 29-9 in the AFC Divisional Playoffs at Three Rivers Stadium (Jan. 7, 1995)...Pittsburgh has played more games against Cleveland than against any other team in the NFL...the 111 games played between the Steelers and the Browns are the most between any two AFC teams...the Steelers have won 14 of their last 15 games against the Browns, and 21 of the last 24 contests...Pittsburgh’s loss to the Browns Oct. 5, 2003, ended a six-game Steelers’ winning streak...the Steelers have not been swept by the Browns since 1988 but have swept Cleveland four of the past five years...Pittsburgh has shut out the Browns five times in the series, including a 41-0 blanking last year on Dec. 24 in Cleveland.

Before you spout off your mouth, make sure your team has even won a CHAMPIONSHIP first! How many SB RINGS has Cleveland won? Oh, my bad...that would be NONE!
Wow. So until about 2-3 years ago, the Browns dominated this series. Hmm. Didn't know that.

This is why most Steeler fans are accused of knowing very little. You do know that there was football before 1972, right? The Cleveland Browns have won 4 NFL Championships in their history. Get your facts straight.

(I can't believe I just defended the Browns)

Old 07-22-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Wow. So until about 2-3 years ago, the Browns dominated this series. Hmm. Didn't know that.

This is why most Steeler fans are accused of knowing very little. You do know that there was football before 1972, right? The Cleveland Browns have won 4 NFL Championships in their history. Get your facts straight.

When I say CHAMPIONSHIPS...I am talking SUPER BOWLS. When has the Browns EVER won a SB? GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! The Browns had a run in the 80's and thats about it.

What are you talking about..."so until about 2-3 years ago, the Browns dominated this series..." WRONG!! The BROWNS NEVER dominated the AFC North!

Old 07-23-2008, 03:23 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
I really think all of you Steelers fans and Browns fans should meet somewhere and have a good ol' fist fight to settle this!! Have a good old school brawl!!
"My team is better".... PUNCH....
"NO...my team is better".... SLAP....
"No.... MINE"... POKE IN THE EYE...
"No... MY TEAM".... HEADBUTT....

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 07-23-2008 at 04:32 AM..

Old 07-23-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I really think all of you Steelers fans and Browns fans should meet somewhere and have a good ol' fist fight to settle this!! Have a good old school brawl!!
"My team is better".... PUNCH....
"NO...my team is better".... SLAP....
"No.... MINE"... POKE IN THE EYE...
"No... MY TEAM".... HEADBUTT....
PITTSBURGH WOULD WIN!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:03 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
You're correct, and here's more ... The Browns appeared in six straight NFL championship games in the 50s, winning three of them. And won four AAFC championships before that. The Browns were the only team to win the AAFC championship; the league merged with the NFL in small part because the Browns were so dominant.

What did the Steelers, in their longer history, win before 1972?

*crickets*

Quote:
I promise I'll return the favor. Someday when I'm feeling charitable toward Steeler fans.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
When I say CHAMPIONSHIPS...I am talking SUPER BOWLS. When has the Browns EVER won a SB? GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! The Browns had a run in the 80's and thats about it.

You're pretty much asking who won more championships since they renamed it the "Super Bowl". Not sure what that proves. You can say you have won more titles in the past 30 years. But to say that the Browns never won a Championship is totally false.

What are you talking about..."so until about 2-3 years ago, the Browns dominated this series..." WRONG!! The BROWNS NEVER dominated the AFC North!

I said they dominated the series with the Steelers, not the AFC North. Two totally different comparisons.

Who cares anyway?? The Bengals have the best uniforms of them all!!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You're correct, and here's more ... The Browns appeared in six straight NFL championship games in the 50s, winning three of them. And won four AAFC championships before that. The Browns were the only team to win the AAFC championship; the league merged with the NFL in small part because the Browns were so dominant.

What did the Steelers, in their longer history, win before 1972?

*crickets*

I promise I'll return the favor. Someday when I'm feeling charitable toward Steeler fans.
Whoa there. I'm not a Steeler fan. I'm a Bengal fan. I'm jealous of what the Steelers have accomplished, but I am not a Steeler fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football