Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 02:14 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,796,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
Not all from California. The last few obviously monied new arrival folks I met have all been from Minnesota. I see loads of Oregon plates here lately myself also.

And maybe some "local" spending as well.
My wife just inherited a pretty decent amount, so we have decided to start looking at a potential new build with elbow room up CV way ourselves. We currently have an acre in Prescott proper, but both of us want a private "pew pew" range for ourselves, which takes a bit more room than we have now.
Of course you're right...I just have met (and know) mainly Californians moving here ....seemingly by the hundreds every year...

And you might want to look a little further up in Paulden, this is the most 'pew-pew' place I've ever seen. Of course, having Gunsite next door doesn't hurt at all :-)
Lots and lots of places right off the road a bit if you know where to go....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 04:53 PM

3,408 posts, read 4,628,760 times
Trying to replicate Santa Barbara? Not a good idea.

Old 05-24-2023, 07:55 PM

479 posts, read 801,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Of course you're right...I just have met (and know) mainly Californians moving here ....seemingly by the hundreds every year...

And you might want to look a little further up in Paulden, this is the most 'pew-pew' place I've ever seen. Of course, having Gunsite next door doesn't hurt at all :-)
Lots and lots of places right off the road a bit if you know where to go....
In the local mountain bike group of folks I ride with, Southern CA is the clear winner in number of local refugees /escapees followed by Northern CA and then the Metro Chicago area. Hmmm.....see any patterns there?

Old 05-25-2023, 02:11 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,052,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
In the local mountain bike group of folks I ride with, Southern CA is the clear winner in number of local refugees /escapees followed by Northern CA and then the Metro Chicago area. Hmmm.....see any patterns there?
Nobody moving from one state to another is a "refugee" in the modern sense of the word. They're not persecuted, starving, facing torture or possible murder just for existing.

Moving from one state to another -- because the prior one told you that you had a waiting period and background check before purchasing a military-grade weapon, and whose laws requested you not leave bullet casings all over the ground -- doesn't constitute an emergency circumstance.

Yes, I do see a "pattern" but it's got nothing to do with the states and everything to do with individuals.

Old 05-25-2023, 06:08 PM

479 posts, read 801,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
Nobody moving from one state to another is a "refugee" in the modern sense of the word. They're not persecuted, starving, facing torture or possible murder just for existing.

Moving from one state to another -- because the prior one told you that you had a waiting period and background check before purchasing a military-grade weapon, and whose laws requested you not leave bullet casings all over the ground -- doesn't constitute an emergency circumstance.

Yes, I do see a "pattern" but it's got nothing to do with the states and everything to do with individuals.
You seem to be talking about politics which is forbidden here.

As a retired policer officer with 31 years of law enforcement in Southern CA, I've forgot 10X more about the laws in that state than you'll ever know.

Old 05-25-2023, 07:31 PM

Quote:

The UN itself defines 'Refugee' as the following: A refugee has a well-founded fear of persecution for reasons of race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group.

The reason you can't see this is because you are on the same 'side' as most Californians. You wouldn't get it. As a former Californian, I can tell you with certainty that I felt persecuted....every time I went shooting legally, every time I wore a T-shirt with a flag on it, having to remove bumper stickers from my vehicles....etc, etc.....persecuted both by the Govt and by the citizens of that state. I definitely feel that I fled and escaped. Don't try to understand, you'll never get it.

Oh, and an AR-15 is not a 'military-grade weapon'. There is no military force on the planet that would use them, knowing that their infantry would be wiped out in minutes.

And all jurisdictions have laws against leaving casings on the ground.

It's simply amazing how much you don't know....

Old 05-25-2023, 07:53 PM

992 posts, read 515,272 times
Quote:

Well, you can argue the term "refugee" with the many folks I have met that use that exact term themselves here. The ones that came from California (there are many). And Minnesota. And Illinois. And New York, etc.........
They themselves often state the condition of their former states were very much one of the reasons they found "refuge" here in Yavapai county Arizona. (Granted, the Minnesotans often also refer to the vastly superior climate here in Prescott as one of the motivating factors, but still....)

Most of us police our own brass, lol. We can reload those freedom seeds you know!

"Military grade weapons"? Please explain in detail what they are.

Last edited by AZ Desert Guy; 05-25-2023 at 08:10 PM..

Old 05-27-2023, 03:12 AM

1,249 posts, read 1,052,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
You seem to be talking about politics which is forbidden here.

As a retired policer officer with 31 years of law enforcement in Southern CA, I've forgot 10X more about the laws in that state than you'll ever know.

Yet, you couldn't even spell your former profession correctly!

Old 05-27-2023, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Yet, you couldn't even spell your former profession correctly!
Duh....the E is next to the R...did ya think of that?

Old 05-28-2023, 12:05 PM

7,501 posts, read 4,348,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
The UN itself defines 'Refugee' as the following: A refugee has a well-founded fear of persecution for reasons of race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group.

The reason you can't see this is because you are on the same 'side' as most Californians. You wouldn't get it. As a former Californian, I can tell you with certainty that I felt persecuted....every time I went shooting legally, every time I wore a T-shirt with a flag on it, having to remove bumper stickers from my vehicles....etc, etc.....persecuted both by the Govt and by the citizens of that state. I definitely feel that I fled and escaped. Don't try to understand, you'll never get it.

Oh, and an AR-15 is not a 'military-grade weapon'. There is no military force on the planet that would use them, knowing that their infantry would be wiped out in minutes.

And all jurisdictions have laws against leaving casings on the ground.

It's simply amazing how much you don't know....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott