Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 03:54 PM

185 posts, read 275,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAteacher4FOS View Post
Hi,
My husband and I (youngish 60+ year olds) are interested in moving to the Prescott area. One thing we'd like to get feedback on:

How is the weather in the winter? Like recently and earlier this winter. Ice, snow, rain? If unusual, what has the weather been like in recent winters?

Also, comments on how you feel about weather other parts of the year would be appreciated.

Thanks for this information.

I've only been here 1 year and this winter was super mild and warmer than normal. I was told last year they actually had some snow, but it only lasted a few days.
No ice in PV or Prescott and no rain. Well, maybe we had 1 day of rain in 4 months. I can't remember.

It's a drought right now....or is it? I mean we do live in a high desert.

Fire season is going to be early. I was actually evacuated last year when I first moved here. That was a blast. NOT.
Then after fire season you have Hurricane season. Lots of rain, wind and flooding. That too was a blast. NOT

So far the best season is the WINTER in PV and Prescott. Lots of beautiful weather and sunshine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 08:37 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
Hurricane season???? In Prescott?? NOT

Old 07-12-2019, 12:50 AM

2 posts, read 5,571 times
Winter is quite pleasant here. Last winter was unusually cold. We hit a low of 5 degrees and a few other times below 10˚
It snowed here 2-3x in the winter, one was a near record setter of around 7-8 inches. That is rare. Even on those cold nights it is still hitting the 50s usually during the day. It's not like the Midwest or East Coast where they get rocked with 0 degrees and it doesn't warm up. Not the case here, still nice enough for a daytime walk in the winter.

It will be dry, nearly always sunny, and sometimes windy. Blue skies and clear amazing starry nights. Summers are hot, but the big payoff is at 5000 ft it almost always cools into the mid 60s and sometimes even the 50s in summer nights. That means you can kill the AC and open the windows or run an attic fan. It's mid July and it was in the mid 50s a couple nights ago, can't say that for many areas in the US that regularly break 90 degrees in the summer. Down the hill 80 miles to Phoenix, they never get below about 80-85 in the summer even in the wee hours of the night and they never turn off the AC after mid May -- Oct.
Prescott has very pleasant weather all things considered.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:25 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
I believe we had 28 inches of snow last winter.

Old 01-02-2023, 04:10 PM

7 posts, read 4,583 times
total wine store in gateway mall-- i think

Old 12-19-2023, 02:15 AM

3 posts, read 887 times
How is the winter time treatin everyone?

Old 02-07-2024, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 306 times
What winter we basically didn’t have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott