Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 03:22 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times

Advertisements

And I had a baby using birth control. He was one of the 1/10s of a percent on the back of the box. I am super glad I had him but boy was I surprised!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 03:53 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I know tons of young Catholic families with four or more kids.
Heck, I know 2 families in the same Southern Baptist church with 10 kids each. All the kids are grown now, and independent. I think most went to college.

A lot of people think of children as gifts from God, and each one is a blessing and a responsibility. I can understand that sentiment, though I don't hold to it.

I'm more like "God gave us knowledge and understanding, and if I can take an aspirin for a headache, or neosporin on a sore, I can use birth control." (But those days are long behind me now.)

Old 08-31-2022, 06:48 PM

7,321 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Whatever the OP wants to do is fine. Her body, her choice.

A little levity for this thread. https://babylonbee.com/news/homescho...-free-delivery

Old 10-28-2022, 08:24 AM

83 posts, read 67,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
As science and medicine improved, Natural Family Planning improved.

Before there were only guesstimates when ovulation happened. With the introduction of all these new ovulation tests, it became more precise.

If I am not wrong, Clearblue is one of the most popular. They declare being 99% accurate in detecting the LH. Apps are also becoming common, I use iyoni app cos they have been designed by fertility experts, so I do hope they know what they designed. With so great choice- agree here-no more guessing whether or not you ovulate.

Old 10-28-2022, 10:54 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Heck, I know 2 families in the same Southern Baptist church with 10 kids each. All the kids are grown now, and independent. I think most went to college.

A lot of people think of children as gifts from God, and each one is a blessing and a responsibility. I can understand that sentiment, though I don't hold to it.

I'm more like "God gave us knowledge and understanding, and if I can take an aspirin for a headache, or neosporin on a sore, I can use birth control." (But those days are long behind me now.)
Gosh...I must've gotten myself mixed up here. I DO think of children as gifts from God, and that they are blessings, but I also think we are given the knowledge to control if we have children or not.

Old 10-29-2022, 02:08 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,148,260 times
Personally, I don't think I'd hang around a parish where these types of issues are discussed on the pulpit.
Born a Catholic, and in all likelihood, will die one, for the record.
Birth control is a very private issue, and I certainly used it to prevent pregnancy. Two things in my youth and a not-so-ideal marriage sealed that decision for me: first, think about having a child before making a baby; and second, as Erma Bombeck opined, and I agree with 100%: The world cannot afford this type of Catholicism (NFP and the stance the Church has taken on the topic).

Old 10-31-2022, 03:42 PM

7,321 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
The world cannot afford this type of Catholicism (NFP and the stance the Church has taken on the topic).
Well then - I guess you are entitled to your opinion. Other people have their opinion as well.

Old 11-16-2022, 03:40 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNewMom View Post
I started visiting a Catholic Church recently. During the weekly devotions, I often hear petitions/prayers from church members praying to have a baby. I shared with some sisters an innovative AI ovulation tracker using saliva as I find it highly accurate in tracking and predicting ovulation cycle. However, I was told by a senior member of the church that this is not allowed as Catholic Churches only encourage national family planning without any drugs or IVF procedures. I’m puzzled as the saliva test kit, which I am familiar with, is not invasive, hence it’s safe, and does not require medication nor does it induce ovulation or other hormonal changes to the body to achieve pregnancy.

Anyone has a similar experience, or a different one with your church, to share?
Are you afraid of bursting into flames if you do this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy