Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 09:13 PM

393 posts, read 361,365 times

Advertisements

lol, lived in Los Angeles and Denver so when I went to South Florida I was appalled at how many things are always trying to get into your place. I lived in a place in south beach that was such a mess that I put lines of boric acid everywhere....I mean everywhere...might have poisoned myself a bit while doing that but it is crazy...then moved to a building that I haven't seen a bug the whole time I've been here, so I think it really is the building...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 01:07 AM

2,320 posts, read 1,878,838 times
yup newbie here, its been a year, and we have messy dogs in a 1904 bungalow (and the occasional mouse, which my dog wil usually catch), but not no roaches!

Old 10-02-2016, 02:52 PM

13,123 posts, read 7,600,830 times
as big as the spiders?

Old 11-21-2023, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bler144 View Post
I lived in one apartment complex in Eugene that had roaches (also German, IIRC) pretty bad. Considering they were in everything I was pleasantly surprised that we didn't end up taking any along to our next residence, or if we did they just didn't survive.

Haven't seen evidence of them anywhere else in the valley/metro so they're certainly rare but I have no doubt they exist.
I was born and raised in Eugene and lived there 35 years! I moved to Texas a couple years ago and never in my life had I seen a cockroach til I lived here. They are so disgusting and they are literally everywhere here.

Old 11-23-2023, 04:47 PM

868 posts, read 604,942 times
Native NY'r here. Wanna talk roaches? Every apartment in the NY area has 'em and unless you have an exterminator once a month or every two weeks, you're gonna see 'em. And even then. Here's a trick I learned - prior to putting toast in your toaster, push down the holder so the ones hanging out enjoying crumbs can scuttle out of it. Nice, huh? And it's good to keep rubber covers on your drains in bathtub and sinks. Put any and all food in plastic bins and if possible, keep in fridge.

I love living in Oregon.

Old 11-27-2023, 08:16 PM

1,068 posts, read 599,323 times
They're doing well. I'll tell them you asked about them.

Old 05-18-2024, 05:27 PM

915 posts, read 1,666,899 times
having lived in both portland and south louisiana, i have to say that i screamed when i walked in the shower one day in Louisiana and there was a huge roach on top of the shower head. Because coming from the Portland metro area, I HAD NEVER SEEN ONE IN MY LIFE. and never saw one after moving back up here either, SEVERAL DECADES ago.

but if you want to know about BEDBUGS, they are infesting a few apartment buildings downtown. maybe other places.

Palmetto bugs ? never saw one in Oregon. Palmettos do not grow here , maybe the bugs don't either.

Old Today, 04:39 PM

3,863 posts, read 2,743,667 times
I see this thread was bumped. I am surprised by the few observations of roaches in Portland.

After graduating from high school but prior to going off to college, I and many of my friends lived downtown. I remember the apartment of one friend, if you went into their kitchen or bathroom at night, there were roaches everywhere. It was truly disgusting.

My apartment, in a different building from the place described above, was upstairs from a well respected seafood restaurant. During the day, everything seemed fine. Late at night, the walls of the common hallways were covered in cockroaches. Eventually I saw one in my apartment. I moved shortly thereafter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland