Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 198 39.52%
No 254 50.70%
Unsure 49 9.78%
Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 09:36 AM

4,475 posts, read 3,325,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Block View Post
Kissinger says.......
Who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2022, 09:47 AM

47,069 posts, read 26,179,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
I thought he was dead too...
Satan seems to have no desire to meet him sooner than necessary. Can' say I blame him.

Old 05-25-2022, 09:48 AM

43,599 posts, read 18,677,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Block View Post
Kissinger says to cede territory to end the Ukraine war:

https://www.businessinsider.com/kiss...e-putin-2022-5

Kissinger says that Taiwan shouldn't be a core diplomatic issue with China:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/23/kiss...gitations.html

The man is right. But I believe there is some bigger underlying agenda here with the US rocking the global boat with threats, sanctions, etc.

Old 05-25-2022, 09:49 AM

43,599 posts, read 18,677,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Who?
And you are posting here in politics ?

Old 05-25-2022, 09:52 AM

47,069 posts, read 26,179,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The issue there is that it just gives Russia 5 years or so to re-arm and figure out their military flaws better...and then return.

It's not like this is their first land grab in recent history in that area.
Bingo. Russia's army can't operate more than 50 miles or so from the nearest railhead. Cede territory, and they'll extend the rail network, encourage a "civil war", then take another 50 miles. It's 1930s strategy, but it works as long as the West lets them get away with it.

Old 05-25-2022, 10:01 AM

5,301 posts, read 5,277,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I thought Henry Kissinger was dead.

Sorry that I was mistaken about that.
He's clearly not there anymore so he might as well be.

Old 05-25-2022, 10:03 AM

5,301 posts, read 5,277,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Sure, give in and give up. Let the aggressor take some territory. Easy to say when it's not YOUR territory being taken.
This...and that would only embolden Russia more...they gave up Crimea...then 8 yrs later they come to take the Donetsk...so what's to say 8 years later they won't try and take another piece?
If I'm the Ukraine I say no thanks.

Old 05-25-2022, 03:44 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,660,467 times
I do not come in defense of the corrupt Ukraine by the surrenders to the New World Order and its awakening to Nazi-fascism after a lethargy of almost 80 years, sponsored by the CIA since the days of Barack in the White House and by NATO, to which They still help with weapons and with our dollars, but I was never wrong from my first readings about Kissinger when he was just making his debut as Secretary of State in 1973, that he has been and continues to be one of the most nefarious and manipulative politicians in contemporary history of America as well of the World.

Globalist of the most recalcitrant and profound who believes that he can move the borders and destinies of nations at will without consulting anyone and without caring about the origins of the oldest settlements of any of the civilizations that have to be disputed by his supranational interests. Kissinger is of exactly the same stock as Soros and even much more repulsive than Soros, with the disadvantage that he does not have the billions of Soros, because if he did, he would have already made it possible for nuclear missiles to be fired, because his "pacification" in Viet Nam was nothing more than the farce that led him to the Nobel Peace Prize, and to no one more than him, the world today owes the strengthening of communist China after almost half a century of its "negotiations" to continue creating correlations of shock forces with another new superpower and sustaining cyclical wars does not decline.
Kissinger is not satisfied at his 99 years, who is just three farts from his funeral begins, and he pretends to be the one who brings the solution to a war of which he himself has been one of the architects.

Hopefully a mysterious ray from the beyond will make its nest in what remains of his hair and it's not precisely that of a curious firefly, let's see if we get out of that Degeneration of men soon and history and God give an account of them.

Old 05-25-2022, 03:51 PM

29,958 posts, read 25,085,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
This...and that would only embolden Russia more...they gave up Crimea...then 8 yrs later they come to take the Donetsk...so what's to say 8 years later they won't try and take another piece?
If I'm the Ukraine I say no thanks.

Ukraine has been fighting back. But there is only so much they can do so long as the rest of Europe is too cowardly to do the right thing. Ukraine also had the opportunity to join NATO, in which case the NATO nations would be obligated to help. I believe they turned it down. Well, if you don't pay for the service, don't expect it. The rest of the world is not obligated to fight to defend Ukraine. If Europe won't bother, I have no idea why anyone would expect the USA to bother.

Old 05-25-2022, 04:08 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,565,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Ukraine has been fighting back. But there is only so much they can do so long as the rest of Europe is too cowardly to do the right thing. Ukraine also had the opportunity to join NATO, in which case the NATO nations would be obligated to help. I believe they turned it down. Well, if you don't pay for the service, don't expect it. The rest of the world is not obligated to fight to defend Ukraine. If Europe won't bother, I have no idea why anyone would expect the USA to bother.
Hold on Andy; you're still laboring under the misconception countries pay to belong to NATO - they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies