Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2024, 07:56 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,706,169 times

Advertisements

I just discovered this.

Anyone been there? Is it like a tidy regular store or a chaotic mess? Do they have used refurbished items, or discontinued items, or broken-box items?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2024, 05:19 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
I just discovered this.

Anyone been there? Is it like a tidy regular store or a chaotic mess? Do they have used refurbished items, or discontinued items, or broken-box items?
Here are some online reviews. https://www.yelp.com/biz/best-buy-outlet-phoenix Buyer beware.

Old 03-27-2024, 04:23 PM

It'll be a cold day in hell when I use Yelp as my primary source. But thanks anyway.

I take it you haven't been there?

Old 03-27-2024, 05:23 PM

770 posts, read 836,740 times
Who cares why is this a post!

Old 03-29-2024, 06:09 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I use Yelp as my primary source. But thanks anyway.

I take it you haven't been there?
Yelp is a data point. And when you see a major flag, then, "buyer beware" should kick in. And, that's what I typed. IF you read the reviews, several people said the phone rang off the hook. Well, then try it yourself and call! Are you going to buy something expensive from a place that doesn't ever answer their phone?? If they don't pick up, I guess Yelp helped you with a decision. Keyword: help.

Instead, you turn to random City-Data posters as your primary source?! I look at opinions another way: City-Data posters for instance are simply another data point; just like Yelp. If you don't put any stock in people posting on Yelp reviews, then, you are missing the value of the site. Think about the data point. i.e. Did that positive or negative review have multiple posts on other businesses? If it was "one and done", then toss it. Was the complaint petty? In other words, don't roll up the percentages all by themself: good or bad. That's how I roll. But you do you.

Edit. It seems that BB Outlet doesn't have an "all sales are final" approach. Assuming the price is a lot cheaper, go for it. Also, people on Yelp buyers warned of items at the Outlet store that were higher priced than what you could buy some pieces new. A Yelp consumer posted the tag of the item proving his point. I saw that happens at La-Z-Boy and other retailers. With La-Z-Boy, their discounted items were simply marked up 25% and they took off about the same amount on an open box "sale". So again, "buyer beware" should be examined as Yelp helped make sure you know what to look for.

IMO, your "cold day in Hell" Yelp policy means you are missing a great data point.

Quote:
Do they have used refurbished items, or discontinued items, or broken-box items?
Call them. But they may never answer the phone.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 03-29-2024 at 07:07 AM..

Old 04-16-2024, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Yelp is a data point. And when you see a major flag, then, "buyer beware" should kick in. And, that's what I typed. IF you read the reviews, several people said the phone rang off the hook. Well, then try it yourself and call! Are you going to buy something expensive from a place that doesn't ever answer their phone?? If they don't pick up, I guess Yelp helped you with a decision. Keyword: help.

Instead, you turn to random City-Data posters as your primary source?! I look at opinions another way: City-Data posters for instance are simply another data point; just like Yelp. If you don't put any stock in people posting on Yelp reviews, then, you are missing the value of the site. Think about the data point. i.e. Did that positive or negative review have multiple posts on other businesses? If it was "one and done", then toss it. Was the complaint petty? In other words, don't roll up the percentages all by themself: good or bad. That's how I roll. But you do you.

Edit. It seems that BB Outlet doesn't have an "all sales are final" approach. Assuming the price is a lot cheaper, go for it. Also, people on Yelp buyers warned of items at the Outlet store that were higher priced than what you could buy some pieces new. A Yelp consumer posted the tag of the item proving his point. I saw that happens at La-Z-Boy and other retailers. With La-Z-Boy, their discounted items were simply marked up 25% and they took off about the same amount on an open box "sale". So again, "buyer beware" should be examined as Yelp helped make sure you know what to look for.

IMO, your "cold day in Hell" Yelp policy means you are missing a great data point.

Call them. But they may never answer the phone.
Yes, I prefer City Data, because I doubt there are shills here paid to promote Best Buy. Also, if someone posts a vague answer, I can ask directly for more information.

I really was hoping for a sense of whether they tend to have everything or only high-ticket items, whether they send older clearance things there, whether there are a lot of just dented things or also used/refurbished, whether it's organized or chaotic.

But you're right, BB never wants to answer a phone, ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area