Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

16,619 posts, read 8,340,018 times

Advertisements

I used to use Mint but that seems to be gone now. Anyone know of any free apps that are similar to mint?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM

4,451 posts, read 8,149,406 times
I made this thread a few months ago and settled with monarch money. Not free but works really well: https://www.city-data.com/forum/pers...ernatives.html

Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM

4,245 posts, read 6,927,494 times
As oneasterisk said, there is a thread here from a few months ago that discusses this: https://www.city-data.com/forum/pers...ernatives.html

I also went with Monarch. And while I do pay for it, it is the only product that covered every aspect that Mint gave me while also feeling as robust.

Most of the others I tried were lacking in some way or the app was clunky. Monarch has a consistent and solid browser and app interface and checked all my feature options.

Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM

16,619 posts, read 8,340,018 times
Eh i don't want to pay for anything but welcome to American. Annoyed that mint went away.

Thanks.

Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM

4,245 posts, read 6,927,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Eh i don't want to pay for anything but welcome to American. Annoyed that mint went away.

Thanks.
Keep in mind, a big part of the reason that Mint went away was because it was free. I loved Mint and I used it for 13(?) years. I was an early adopter. However, their business model was not sustainable. And as time went on, they stopped adding features and customer service time (though I rarely needed it) had gotten much slower.

Time will tell, but for me, I am happy paying for the service that actually provides everything I want and has a long term vision.

The free alternatives out there mostly lack a number of features, have more issues with their account integrations, or I have less confidence in their ability to stick around long term due to similar business model issues that Mint ran into. This is of course just my personal thought process.

The thread I linked above also offered some free options if a completely free service is important to you.

Good luck finding something that suits your needs.

Old Today, 03:27 AM

106,906 posts, read 109,176,429 times
i use fidelity full view .

being retired i dont really care about where i spent the money but i do track how much we are spending .

there is nothing i would not do or buy again in our budget .

but i do like to see how much is going out and fidelity full view tracks every penny going
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance