Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,323,794 times

Advertisements

Just got the homeowner policy renewal, up damn near 30% over last year. And that's AFTER 43% worth of various 'discounts'... the largest of those being a 24% 'insurance score factor discount'.

At first glance, I thought that 24% was pretty good... but then I saw the notice that's required when a premium isn't based on the highest insurance score category. Listed are the top reasons affecting our insurance score:

Verbatim, complete with 3rd grade level hit and miss capitalization.

3031 Average Credit Line on Bank Revolving Accounts is $726 to $, 1024 (misplaced comma is theirs)
Average Credit Line of $10,533 or More is Better

3025 Ratio of Oldest Bank Revolving Account to Oldest Account is 37.35% to 99.77%
A Ratio of 99.78% is Better

3908 Insufficient Information on Auto Financing Accounts
Auto Financing Accounts are no Longer Active or they are Closed

3099 Time Since Most Recent Consumer Initiated Inquiry is 16 Month or More
No Consumer Initiated Inquiries is Better

So... my comments:

As to 3031... What? I think at one point in time in January there may well have been a Discover balance of $700, but the 'credit line' is way, way the hell more than that. So it's bad that we don't carry a huge revolving balance? Or none?

As to 3025... Again... what? Whatever the hell THIS actually means, we must be right on the line if the difference between 99.77 and 99.78 is significant.

As to 3908... Insufficient information? All three credit bureaus sure know.

As to 3099... Is this talking about consumer initiated credit bureau inquiries? Like the ones they all encourage us to do annually to make sure they're not reporting accurately?

For the record, mid 60s retired folks with no mortgage, consumer debt limited to one vehicle note, and credit scores right near the top. To any insurance types out there, what the actual hell are they looking for? And why are the insurance companies paying LexisNexis for information that's wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM

106,895 posts, read 109,156,575 times
you are entitled to one copy of your CLUE REPORT a year . the burden is on you to have anything incorrect corrected .

you need to run home and auto separately.

clue tracks every claim that wasn’t reimbursed by another insurance company regardless of fault . all claims ding your insurance score.

clue also flags problematic properties.

lexis nexis tracks the clue report info

Old Today, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
you are entitled to one copy of your CLUE REPORT a year . the burden is on you to have anything incorrect corrected .

you need to run home and auto separately.

clue tracks every claim that wasn’t reimbursed by another insurance company regardless of fault . all claims ding your insurance score.

clue also flags problematic properties.

lexis nexis tracks the clue report info
What I'm 'complaining' about is 'credit' info that I know is represented correctly at the three bureaus, but NOT by LexisNexis. The only thing I see in the four 'items that affected my rates' that MAY be CLUE related is the one about 'consumer initiated inquiry'... and their words pretty well say that it's better if you never check it!

If they had mentioned auto claim xxx in 2018, or new roof in February 2024, THAT would make sense to me.

If they're taking money to provide credit info, they should be passing it on correctly. Or the insurance companies should deal with the bureaus directly.

Last edited by Seguinite; Today at 05:48 AM..

Old Today, 07:53 AM

106,895 posts, read 109,156,575 times
your clue report is part of your insurance score

Old Today, 08:36 AM

I understand that. But (again) the reasons stated for the increase are from LexisNexis and are credit related, and don't seem to have anything to do with insurance claims, which is the stated purpose of LexisNexis C.L.U.E.

But never mind. Me being pissed off about it isn't gonna change anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance