Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2024, 08:51 PM

292 posts, read 364,514 times

Advertisements

I'm going to replace my car pretty soon. Going to go with a new one, dealer financing interest rates (Tesla) are not competitive. Last 2 times I financed cars for my wife and I we got crazy good interest rates at credit unions that were a bit below the averages I had been seeing, I guess they were promotional rates.

I know interest rates are horrible right now, but is anybody seeing a promotional rate at any bank or credit union? Lowest I've found is 5.5%. I've got an 825 credit score and a decent income so I assume I'll qualify for the lowest rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM

401 posts, read 565,721 times
Dealer / vendor financing incentives will beat banks right now….ive seem 2.9 and 3.9 with Ford, GM and Toyota on certain models. Go direct to the manufacturer.

Old Yesterday, 07:18 AM

292 posts, read 364,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esas View Post
Dealer / vendor financing incentives will beat banks right now….ive seem 2.9 and 3.9 with Ford, GM and Toyota on certain models. Go direct to the manufacturer.
I'm getting a Tesla. Tesla rates are not beating any credit unions.

Old Today, 01:42 AM

6,782 posts, read 5,503,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Read View Post
I'm getting a Tesla. Tesla rates are not beating any credit unions.
Then join a credit union if you don't already belong to one, then arrange your best deal on interest rate, then negotiate your best deal at Tesla dealership.

Unless Tesla has an incredible "finance with us and we'll give you $15,000 off the price" type deal.

Also check into an government incentives (if you haven't, the dealer doesn't inform you, and if any still exist or are available on a Tesla).

In my area, I've seen 3-4 yo Teslas with about 50k on it going for about $16-18k. Might be worth looking into in your area. Once you drive it off the lot, it becomes a used car anyway.

Best

Old Today, 03:23 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,656 posts, read 81,386,567 times
I belong to 2 credit unions, and their rates are both currently at 6.49%, slightly lower than Tesla wants. Some other dealers, however, are offering great financing deals. Where we bought the Outback is offering 2.9% on some models, 0% on others. Our local Toyota dealer is at 2.75-6.75%, and even 0% on the bZ4X EV. Tesla probably won't be doing that despite their inventory piling up. If you found 5.5% I would go for that, you can always refinance it if the rates drop back to 2-3% in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance