Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 07:53 PM

5 posts, read 875 times

Advertisements

I recently found out I have a nephew. He found me on 23&me. We have figured out who is Dad is. He wants to find his birth mother. He believes he was born in a hospital in Battle Creek, MI. He was born August of 1989. Her name may have been Lisa Snyder, or Schneider. She may of had a daughter who died in house fire when she was 2 ish. He believes he was about 7 or 8 at the time. His name at birth was Cory. His name was changed when he was adopted to Michael Dennis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This site is amazing. It helped me find my uncles family after 50 years of not knowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2024, 04:22 PM

3,022 posts, read 5,863,538 times
I found this, from Battle Creek Enquirer, February 11, 1990. It seems to match with your description of the house fire, except for the age of your nephew when it happened. Leila Hospital is in Battle Creek.

"fire, at 102 Nelson killed Shelby Leigh Schneider, daughter of Lisa Schneider, of Kalamazoo. Schneider's fiance, Kevin L. Baker, suffered smoke inhalation in the blaze and is in stable condition at Leila Hospital. The house is owned by Baker's father, Dennis Baker."
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/206439635/

Old 05-01-2024, 03:46 AM

458 posts, read 288,231 times
His dad won't tell you the birth mother's name?

Old 05-01-2024, 05:44 PM

14,513 posts, read 20,721,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydensMum624 View Post
He was born August of 1989. Her name may have been Lisa Snyder, or Schneider. She may of had a daughter who died in house fire when she was 2 ish. He believes he was about 7 or 8 at the time. It helped me find my uncles family after 50 years of not knowing.
Very good if you wish to share the posts you had on this forum related to your uncle.

**** As far as dates and ages we need to pin down the exact dates and ages and locations.

What makes you believe his mother may be Lisa Schneider? Has that been on some website or a real document? You can not let a free website create the details and it is easy to do. I have let site after site direct me to the wrong road.
You need real documents such as an obituary for example.

Your nephew believes he was age 7 or 8 at the time and was born in August 1989.
"May have" and "believe" need further consideration.

If the article on the fire is correct and the death details match, and they do, then if he was born in August 1989 he was only 6 months old in Feb. 1990. If he was age 7 or 8 then he was born in 1982 or 1983.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
I found this, from Battle Creek Enquirer, February 11, 1990. It seems to match with your description of the house fire, except for the age of your nephew when it happened. Leila Hospital is in Battle Creek.

"fire, at 102 Nelson killed Shelby Leigh Schneider, daughter of Lisa Schneider, of Kalamazoo. Schneider's fiance, Kevin L. Baker, suffered smoke inhalation in the blaze and is in stable condition at Leila Hospital. The house is owned by Baker's father, Dennis Baker."
I found burial information. Shelby died in that fire and was born June 18, 1987 and died Feb. 2, 1990 matching that newspaper article. She is buried Saint Marys Cemetery
Marne, Ottawa County, Michigan.
Why buried there? Maybe some clue.

Old 05-02-2024, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44echo View Post
OK, ignore that stupid question. I totally spaced that out.

Old 05-02-2024, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44echo View Post
Excellent question. The Op is the one to answer that. In the meantime I posted what little I found.

Old 05-02-2024, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Excellent question and hopefully the Op will come back with the results if any.
When I was doing some digging, I got lost in the details and found myself thinking We don't even know the name of the person we're looking for. After re-reading the details this morning, I realized the name was right there in the question, thus my "stupid question" post. And then you bring up the excellent question of how the OP knows the mother's name.

I guess I'll just sit back, keep my mouth shut and watch for now.

Old 05-02-2024, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydensMum624 View Post
nephew. He found me on 23&me. We have figured out who is Dad is. He wants to find his birth mother. He believes he was born in a hospital in Battle Creek, MI. He was born August of 1989. Her name may have been Lisa Snyder, or Schneider. She may of had a daughter who died in house fire when she was 2 ish. He believes he was about 7 or 8 at the time. His name at birth was Cory. His name was changed when he was adopted to Michael Dennis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This site is amazing. It helped me find my uncles family after 50 years of not knowing.
Does your nephew have his birth certificate to verify age at the time of the house fire?
What document or other source lets you know that his bio mother "was" Lisa Schneider?
"May have been and other" might result in people here searching for the wrong person (s) and that needs to be avoided if possible.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:09 PM

5 posts, read 875 times
He doesn’t remember. He was young.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:20 PM

5 posts, read 875 times
OMG. THIS IS HER! Now to find her now!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search