Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2023, 08:54 PM

11 posts, read 27,555 times

Advertisements

Not on the grass, not on the sidewalk, IN the parking lot. On his back. With no shirt or shoes. On the hot pavement. I nearly hit him with my car when I was trying to go to the ATM because I did not see him. I tried calling the non-emergency police number (which went to voicemail), so then I called 911. The woman asked me for his description and asked me if he was breathing (I didn't know, and I wasn't close enough to check) so then she said she was dispatching "everyone." I said before you potentially mobilize a bunch of unnecessary resources, let me actually confirm his status. I went over and yelled at him. No response. I yelled again. Slowly, he started to move, then he passed back out. I told the dispatcher that he was alive and she confirmed "he's alive?" to which I told her yes. I saw the firetruck coming and then I left the scene.

The drugs must be something fierce now for a person to think that laying on hot asphalt is preferable to the grass right next to it. I'm shocked and amazed at the fact that I'm the only person that seemed to give enough of a damn to call 911 for this guy, at the fact that this happens in Florida (surely this only happens on the west coast and in blue cities and states, right?) and the fact that the 911 dispatcher seems to get so many of these calls that she seemed mechanical and nonchalant about asking if the guy was breathing or even alive.

What in God's name is going on in this place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola