Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 09:00 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Hyperbole, my good man!
Gotcha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 11:43 AM

17 posts, read 21,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWHATL View Post
I can't believe this is even a question, but my husband and I are considering moving to Pensacola, but am a bit daunted by what we are reading about mask wearing. Does Pensacola have a group of people who believe scientists? While we enjoy a diversity of perspective, we don't want to be the only ones who believe that climate change is real and that science matters. We do not mind if our neighbors fly a Trump flag, but we don't want to be the only ones without one.
You and Pensacola will not be a good fit!

Old 08-19-2021, 03:53 AM

16 posts, read 25,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWHATL View Post
I can't believe this is even a question, but my husband and I are considering moving to Pensacola, but am a bit daunted by what we are reading about mask wearing. Does Pensacola have a group of people who believe scientists? While we enjoy a diversity of perspective, we don't want to be the only ones who believe that climate change is real and that science matters. We do not mind if our neighbors fly a Trump flag, but we don't want to be the only ones without one.
Can it be possible that you are wrong? Could it be that climate change is normal and has been happening since the globe's been spinning? Could it be that the environment is being used to grab power and manipulate the masses meanwhile real issues are ignored? Could it be the real science is geological and that we are at the end of an ice age? Did global warming and stone age man cause Great Britain to become an island when it had been a peninsula? Who was to blame when the Sahara become a desert when it was once an ocean? Throughout history, there are always people who just go along. These people never question authority or suspect that they might be wrong. There are loads of places along the west coast where you can stand in homeless people's poop while discussing with like minded people about how awesome you think you are

Old 08-19-2021, 04:10 AM

16 posts, read 25,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Do the majority, or even a significant minority, of Panhandle residents believe that man-made climate change is exaggerated, or even a hoax? If so, that would explain why there also might be a resistance to mask-wearing and social distancing.

It's always easier to believe what is comfortable and least frightening, especially when your political leaders tell you it's OK to do so.
[/url]
What is least frightening? To know that everything you believe is a lie or that the environment is changing? No one is denying the enviro is changing. Look outside of politicized "global warming" and look at ice age epoc and geology (if youre not too scared)

Old 08-19-2021, 05:19 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Not OP but I believe these six pages of responses deliver a pretty solid answer to her question.

Old 09-16-2021, 08:10 AM

25 posts, read 12,774 times
We have 40 years of SCIENCE that proves masks do nothing to prevent the transmission of viruses. The evidence was so overwhelming in fact that some hospitals stopped requiring surgeons to wear masks in surgery. That science doesn't matter anymore, I guess. Just face it, you're brainwashed by a cult. The masks are your symbol of piety, the "vaccine" is your sacrament.

https://www.dailyveracity.com/2021/0...ing-they-work/

Old 09-16-2021, 09:32 AM

9,111 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailwanderer View Post
We have 40 years of SCIENCE that proves masks do nothing to prevent the transmission of viruses. The evidence was so overwhelming in fact that some hospitals stopped requiring surgeons to wear masks in surgery. That science doesn't matter anymore, I guess. Just face it, you're brainwashed by a cult. The masks are your symbol of piety, the "vaccine" is your sacrament.

https://www.dailyveracity.com/2021/0...ing-they-work/

The science is inconclusive so the take-away is to err on the side of caution. A 2015 study published in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine concluded:

"It is important not to construe an absence of evidence for effectiveness with evidence for the absence of effectiveness. While there is a lack of evidence supporting the effectiveness of facemasks, there is similarly a lack of evidence supporting their ineffectiveness. With the information currently available, it would be imprudent to recommend the removal of facemasks from surgery. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7184463/

Old 09-16-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
The science is inconclusive so the take-away is to err on the side of caution. A 2015 study published in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine concluded:

"It is important not to construe an absence of evidence for effectiveness with evidence for the absence of effectiveness. While there is a lack of evidence supporting the effectiveness of facemasks, there is similarly a lack of evidence supporting their ineffectiveness. With the information currently available, it would be imprudent to recommend the removal of facemasks from surgery. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7184463/
40 years of studies and trials that show masks do nothing to prevent transmission of viruses. In fact, a couple studies said improperly worn masks ie touching it with soiled (read: not sterile) hands actually increase the risk of infection. The science is well settled and conclusive. The article I linked has an exhaustive list of studies proving it. You don't accept it because your cult tells you not to. That's how cults work. No amount of facts or evidence will ever change your mind.

Old 09-17-2021, 04:58 AM

451 posts, read 455,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailwanderer View Post
40 years of studies and trials that show masks do nothing to prevent transmission of viruses. In fact, a couple studies said improperly worn masks ie touching it with soiled (read: not sterile) hands actually increase the risk of infection. The science is well settled and conclusive. The article I linked has an exhaustive list of studies proving it. You don't accept it because your cult tells you not to. That's how cults work. No amount of facts or evidence will ever change your mind.
And what does your "cult" tell you? dailyveracity.com? Come on, do you read their all their bylines?

Old 09-17-2021, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWhom View Post
And what does your "cult" tell you? dailyveracity.com? Come on, do you read their all their bylines?
Every study linked and quoted is legitimate. Think what you want of the site, the article just serves as a collation of data. I could've just linked every study individually for people like you, but I think you could try to use your brain just a little bit for once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola