Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2022, 06:13 PM

249 posts, read 332,121 times

Advertisements

Had a dream where last night where I was in a protestant church. I have never had a "Christian" dream before. It was unusual. Now I think a old co-worker of mine who is more fundamentalist is praying for me to convert to Christianity. Sort of like "casting her spell to get me to potentially join her christian church".

I do believe in the power of prayer, affirmation, concentration and the like and I don't think this was just a random dream. Either she is or someone else is trying to convert me to Christianity I think.

So, do any folk out there believe this is possible to intuit dreams - obviously the conclusion is totally up for debate as to what this dream meant.

Another dream I had was a darker dream with Brigitte Bardot in it. I just had a "black" feel to it in the sense of black magick, not anything else. So yeah one night Brigitte Bardot and the next church?

To be fair I just discovered a fb page of BB and love the pics! But the one dream was quite twisted/left handed.

Would be interested in anyone's thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 06:39 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,790,619 times
Dreams only mean something if you force them to. Now, if you eat a giant bowl of ice cream before bed and you dream about getting fat....you then know why you dreamed it. Sounds like you'll be going to church with Brigitte Bardot.

What's wrong with being left-handed?

Oh and did you see that your 230th post is the same as your 230 reps? Kinda cool. I wonder what it means?

Old 09-16-2022, 10:48 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
How much power do you think her god has? Is he so powerful that he can force you to your knees and force you to join the church that worships him? Will he blast you with lightening if you do not obey? If her god is indifferent to you, then what power does her prayer have over you?

The inquisition isn't going to come by and torture you until you give in and convert and then burn you at the stake after you confess and convert.

Old 09-20-2022, 11:36 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
The more I search for a God's participation in ANYTHING having to do with us the more I see a complete absence of anything or anyone exerting a divine influence on anything having to do with earth or its inhabitants. God if he exists is AWOL--a total non-show. Therefore we can easily dismiss him from the conversation--from your dreams, from anyone's dreams, from claimed miracles, etc. We all alone on this ball which is getting ready to go up in global warming flames and destruction of most life forms.

Old 09-21-2022, 10:41 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The more I search for a God's participation in ANYTHING having to do with us the more I see a complete absence of anything or anyone exerting a divine influence on anything having to do with earth or its inhabitants. God if he exists is AWOL--a total non-show. Therefore we can easily dismiss him from the conversation--from your dreams, from anyone's dreams, from claimed miracles, etc. We all alone on this ball which is getting ready to go up in global warming flames and destruction of most life forms.
This IS the Pagan forum, so I would suggest that while we are here and before the "ball" goes up in flames, learn to connect with nature. Listen to what it says. Observe the perpetual beauty of light on water. Take the time to observe the birds and other creatures and learn from them. Study a stone that you pick up and marvel at its age and how it is part of the very Earth itself. Watch the the sun and moon rise and set. Note which way the wind is blowing. Take time to see just how many different plants are around you. Reflect upon the fact that you and what you see are on the planet at the same time at this very moment and feel yourself part of it.

All of it is temporary, but right now, just be.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 09-22-2022 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: Saw a typo

Old 09-22-2022, 07:48 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Well, I just talked to God to keep you as you are - happy...not becoming Christian...and
not to be bothered by this woman.
There. Be at peace and enjoy your life. (I really did.)

Old 09-22-2022, 11:18 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

From my point of view, none of the gods have much interest in individual people and on the flip side, most people think that they are the most important being in the entire universe, so of course they think their god is going to focus his attention on them.

It's not an absence of divine interest, it is a huge misinterpretation on the part of some humans about just exactly what a god is or does. No god, for any religion is anyone's personal valet. None of the gods are there to do our wishes. Occasionally some of the gods will answer some of the people who are especially tuned in, but mostly they are not answering self-serving requests from humans.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:21 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesevar View Post
Had a dream where last night where I was in a protestant church. I have never had a "Christian" dream before. It was unusual. Now I think a old co-worker of mine who is more fundamentalist is praying for me to convert to Christianity. Sort of like "casting her spell to get me to potentially join her christian church".

I do believe in the power of prayer, affirmation, concentration and the like and I don't think this was just a random dream. Either she is or someone else is trying to convert me to Christianity I think.

So, do any folk out there believe this is possible to intuit dreams - obviously the conclusion is totally up for debate as to what this dream meant.

Another dream I had was a darker dream with Brigitte Bardot in it. I just had a "black" feel to it in the sense of black magick, not anything else. So yeah one night Brigitte Bardot and the next church?

To be fair I just discovered a fb page of BB and love the pics! But the one dream was quite twisted/left handed.

Prayers from Evangelicals - Fundamentalists are BLACK MAGIC - nothing more. I have more.

I DO believe that it is possible to intuit dreams. Spells and Prayer are no different, if they are trying to get you to do something that you ordinarily would not do. In your case, become a Born Again.

Do what you normally do for self protection. If you are still feeling this, consult an adept.

Old 10-31-2022, 10:35 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Happy Halloween, and Blessed Samhain to those who observe. The cycle begins again.

Old 01-02-2023, 03:15 PM

39 posts, read 20,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesevar View Post

I believe perhaps the Holy spirit is bringing someone to you to mind or letting you know that someone is praying for you. Its hard to say but do not take it highly, The Holy Spirit works through insight of circumstances, through personal and theological insight and of course speaks through His word, The Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism