Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 06:23 AM

126,358 posts, read 19,117,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Have you been to Illinois?.....No
What comes to your mind when you think of Illinois?.....

Back when trains had a caboose, did you ever wave at the men in the caboose?.........No

If you had a free helicopter ride, where would you want to go? What would you want to see?....... Canadian Niagara Falls

Have you ever shot a bow and arrow? What kind?....In archery classes

If you have french fries, what do you like to dip them in?.......Just plain for me

Did you ever go skinny dipping in your wayward youth?..........Long ago

Do you have a junk drawer in your house? .....No
Do you know what is in it? If it was dumped in the garbage would anything be missed?

Thank you E-Twist and a Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2024, 06:49 AM

7,390 posts, read 5,502,932 times
Have you been to Illinois? I live in Illinois

What comes to your mind when you think of Illinois? Home

Back when trains had a caboose, did you ever wave at the men in the caboose? Yes

If you had a free helicopter ride, where would you want to go? Europe. What would you want to see? London and Paris

Have you ever shot a bow and arrow? Yes. What kind? No idea

If you have french fries, what do you like to dip them in? Catsup

Did you ever go skinny dipping in your wayward youth? No

Do you have a junk drawer in your house? Yes. Do you know what is in it? Yes. If it was dumped in the garbage would anything be missed? Yes, several things like glue, paper clip, tape.

Thank You!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mom’s!

Old 05-12-2024, 08:25 AM

22,621 posts, read 19,329,340 times
Have you been to Illinois
yes, Peoria.
What comes to your mind when you think of Illinois
my ex-in laws. seeing dirt that looked black (fascinating) rich farming soil. humidity made it hard to sleep at night

Back when trains had a caboose, did you ever wave at the men in the caboose?
yes!

If you had a free helicopter ride, where would you want to go? What would you want to see?
over a live volcano to see the lava flow

Have you ever shot a bow and arrow? What kind?
yes, high school archery. i hated team sports in PE, but loved individual sports including archery. there was a neighbor who was a bow hunter and hunted large game with bow which always seemed really scary to me. but this hunter fellow came in handy when the kids were little, shooting down with his bow, a HUGE bees nest that was high high in a tree.

If you have french fries, what do you like to dip them in?
ketchup

Did you ever go skinny dipping in your wayward youth?
not in my youth, but in my late 30s at mountain lake camping

Do you have a junk drawer in your house? Do you know what is in it? If it was dumped in the garbage would anything be missed?
current place where i live has hardly any drawers. so the only "junk drawer" is in the bathroom and yes i would miss it because it has dozens of extra packages of dental floss and proxa brushes.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 05-12-2024 at 08:33 AM..

Old 05-12-2024, 09:29 AM

24,537 posts, read 26,090,136 times
Have you been to Illinois?
Yes

What comes to your mind when you think of Illinois?
Corn fields, Corp. HQ in Rockford.

Back when trains had a caboose, did you ever wave at the men in the caboose?
Yes I have.

If you had a free helicopter ride, where would you want to go? What would you want to see?
Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and the 5 national parks located in Utah.

Have you ever shot a bow and arrow? What kind?
Yes, it was one I made, classic design.

If you have french fries, what do you like to dip them in?
Ketchup oe fry sauce.

Did you ever go skinny dipping in your wayward youth?
No, mostly as a adult.

Do you have a junk drawer in your house? Do you know what is in it? If it was dumped in the garbage would anything be missed?
We have one and I know what's important to me that's in it. Pretty sure there would be a issue if the contents were dumped.

Thanx E-Twist. Cool Q's.

Old 05-12-2024, 01:30 PM

3,091 posts, read 1,693,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Have you been to Illinois? Nope (not yet).
What comes to your mind when you think of Illinois? Chicago

Back when trains had a caboose, did you ever wave at the men in the caboose? A few times.

If you had a free helicopter ride, where would you want to go? What would you want to see? Upper half of Arizona - all the canyons. Parts of Australia would be real cool, too.

Have you ever shot a bow and arrow? What kind? Have not.

If you have french fries, what do you like to dip them in? Usually ranch but I do that only at Red Robin. From a fast-food place, I might use ketchup but, most of the time, nothing.

Did you ever go skinny dipping in your wayward youth? No, but I did it once as an adult, at a clothing optional beach. Once was enough.

Do you have a junk drawer in your house? Yep. Do you know what is in it? If it was dumped in the garbage would anything be missed?
Oh, yes! It holds various types of pins, masking tape, measuring tapes, a single-hole paper puncher, box-cutters, etc... Yes, I'd miss those things.

Old 05-12-2024, 02:49 PM

37,806 posts, read 41,094,709 times
Just got home and found out that I must have charged my tablet before I left. Woohoo!

Have you been to Illinois? Yes, to Chicago for work. Was there one week.

What comes to your mind when you think of Illinois? Mike Ditka, Refrigerator Perry, the Blues Brothers, gangsters, has a town with the same name as my town, lots of shootings in Chicago but the weird thing is the shooters are mostly bad shots, (example): if they shoot 25 people only 4 are killed, windy, I think Lincoln is buried there.

Back when trains had a caboose, did you ever wave at the men in the caboose? I didn't know men were in the caboose.

If you had a free helicopter ride, where would you want to go? What would you want to see? I would generously donate my free ride to whoever want it because I would barf if I went.

Have you ever shot a bow and arrow? What kind? It was in gym class and that's all I remember.

If you have french fries, what do you like to dip them in? Have you ever had a bloomin' onion at Outback? The dipping "sauce" for that is good for fench fries, too. But, I like blue cheese salad dressing for fries, too. I don't care for fast food fries so I don't have fries very often.

Did you ever go skinny dipping in your wayward youth? No

Do you have a junk drawer in your house? Do you know what is in it? If it was dumped in the garbage would anything be missed? All of my tools (pliers, hammer, screwdriver, wrench, measuring tape) are in that drawer as well as expired batteries, clear badge holders, old keys, etc.

Old 05-12-2024, 10:49 PM

44,392 posts, read 20,120,186 times
Have you been to Illinois? Yes, many times. The eastern IL state line is about a 45-minute drive from my home in NW IN. It's a little over an hour's drive to downtown Chicago.
What comes to your mind when you think of Illinois? Mostly, Chicago. Since NW IN is so close to Chicago, we get all of our broadcast news from Chicago. In some ways, I feel more connected to IL than to IN.

Back when trains had a caboose, did you ever wave at the men in the caboose? Yes, I used to do that a lot, even as an adult.

If you had a free helicopter ride, where would you want to go? Over and in the Grand Canyon. What would you want to see? I've never seen the Grand Canyon and it's always been on my bucket list. Seeing it from a helicopter rather than in a crowd of people on the ground would be especially awesome.

Have you ever shot a bow and arrow? What kind? I may have shot a toy bow and arrow when I was a little kid, but I've never shot a real one.

If you have french fries, what do you like to dip them in? I like them plain, with no condiments.

Did you ever go skinny dipping in your wayward youth? Yes, and as an adult as well. (Not in the past 30 years, though.)

Do you have a junk drawer in your house? Yep. Do you know what is in it? Kitchen tools such as spatulas, scrapers, a cake tester, candy thermometer, veggie peeler, measuring spoons, jar/lid opener, lemon reamer and other odds and ends related to cooking. If it was dumped in the garbage would anything be missed? I would miss everything from that drawer!

Thanks for the questions, E-T!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old Today, 03:09 PM

35,285 posts, read 17,183,797 times
Thanks for the questions. I apologize for the late reply to QOTD for Friday through yesterday but I was on a visit, by car, to North Carolina for a wedding. Eleven hour drive.

Have you been to Illinois? Does passing through O'Hare about three or four times, and twice being driven through on a teen tour bus count?

What comes to your mind when you think of Illinois? O'Hare Airport and Abe Lincoln. Going any further trespasses the boundaries of QOTD.

Back when trains had a caboose, did you ever wave at the men in the caboose? No. My area was electrified a long time ago.

If you had a free helicopter ride, where would you want to go? What would you want to see? Over the Grand Canyon.

Have you ever shot a bow and arrow? In sleepaway camp and at Jones Beach (my mother took me out of the surf because she was scared when I was 11, to shoot archery.What kind? Do you think I remember from 52 to 56 years ago?

If you have french fries, what do you like to dip them in? Hot sauce or salsa.

Did you ever go skinny dipping in your wayward youth? I think once, and my wife and I I think did it for a few minutes on our honeymoon. And once at Club Med Martinique in 1984.

Do you have a junk drawer in your house? Yes. Do you know what is in it? I have a general idea. If it was dumped in the garbage would anything be missed? Very much so; many of our chargers are there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics