Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:47 AM

9,739 posts, read 14,296,191 times

Advertisements

How would you have designed your home differently?
I don't think I'd change anything. My home was built in 1900, has 2 stories, a walk-up attic, and full basement. The workmanship is suburb. Previously, my husband and I built 2 new homes. We never really liked either one of them.

What types of flooring do you like least and best and why? I love my original hard wood floors and they are in most rooms. I use wood cleaner and non-slip wax on the main living areas, 2-3 times/year. My work takes me in and out of homes (new and old) almost every day, and the craze is LVP flooring (luxury vinyl plank). I had that installed in my bathrooms, and I like it. I really hate carpeting and only have that in one bedroom. That's got to go....Soon!

Could you move your sofa or fridge without help? Yes. It's on rollers and I can scoot it over to clean. It's due for that now!

What would you like strong men with a truck to come and carry away from your home? All the stuff in the basement that I've accumulated over the past 43 years in this house.

What would you like them to bring? Their muscles and good attitudes.

Thanks, Peg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:04 AM

1,386 posts, read 623,637 times
How would you have designed your home differently?

### Should have kept it as one floor living, instead of adding another floor. We did not plan for old age.

What types of flooring do you like least and best and why?

### Least: Linoleum (do they still make that?) Best: Wood

Could you move your sofa or fridge without help?

###

What would you like strong men with a truck to come and carry away from your home?

### The house is empty now due to renovations

What would you like them to bring?

### Everything we took out of it.

### THX for the Q’s PegE

Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM

126,320 posts, read 19,105,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Subbing for bjh.

How would you have designed your home differently? .......I designed my home the way I wanted

What types of flooring do you like least and best and why? .......I love stone and wood and least vinyl and linoleum flooring

Could you move your sofa or fridge without help? ......I have moved my furniture myself while cleaning and my refrigerator is easy to pull out and push back.House cleaning and moving furniture is definitely a great free workout!

What would you like strong men with a truck to come and carry away from your home? ..........It would be my last move with my entire belongings from my house

What would you like them to bring?........Courtesy, punctuality,good communication skills, professional in their trade and be precise

Thank you Peg

Old Yesterday, 06:36 AM

27,383 posts, read 27,427,661 times

My home is definitely not contemporary or 'whats in style'. Its my style.
I love wood flooring but we have vinyl wood flooring, good thing, easy maintenance.
I could move my furniture without help but lifting or loading, nope.
Happy Thursday everyone~~~

Old Yesterday, 07:24 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,150,610 times
Subbing for bjh. Thanks for subbing
How would you have designed your home differently? Bedrooms on ground floor, also, either no living room or smaller one. Living rooms and formal dining rooms are underused. This may be the topic for a new thread.

What types of flooring do you like least and best and why? Carpet best, easy to clean by vacuuming. Hardwood least. Though pretty it's noisy.

Could you move your sofa or fridge without help? Yes

What would you like strong men with a truck to come and carry away from your home? Not sure

What would you like them to bring? Not sure.

Last edited by jbgusa; Yesterday at 08:25 AM..

Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,687 posts, read 81,455,155 times
How would you have designed your home differently? The house itself is great, but I would have had a 4 car garage rather than just two.

What types of flooring do you like least and best and why? It depends on the room. I prefer carpet in the bedroom, hardwood in the living room and dining room, and luxury vinyl in the kitchen. Of course the HGTV designers would be shocked to see so may different kids of flooring in one house. Carpet feels good on the bare feet, hardwood is elegant, and luxury vinyl is forgiving and easy to clean.

Could you move your sofa or fridge without help? I do it all the time.

What would you like strong men with a truck to come and carry away from your home? Too late now, I already took a sectional sofa to the dump, with just my wife helping get it into the truck.

What would you like them to bring? Again, too late. We recently brought in a 65" TV, a new vanity, 6 boxes of ceramic tile, and a new toilet.

Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM

7,384 posts, read 5,498,327 times
Subbing for bjh.

How would you have designed your home differently? Added a huge addition with big open kitchen, dining area and living space.

What types of flooring do you like least and best and why? I like carpet and hard wood or similar. I’m not a fan of tile, too cold on bare feet.

Could you move your sofa or fridge without help? No

What would you like strong men with a truck to come and carry away from your home? All the junk my husband has hoarded over the years.

What would you like them to bring? Good service.
Thank you for the Q’s!

Old Yesterday, 08:05 AM

6,634 posts, read 7,369,018 times
Glass block windows in rooms such as the laundry room or bathroom to let a little light in
More grab bars in case they are needed in the future
No carpeting

Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM

50,416 posts, read 64,161,814 times
Subbing for bjh. Thanks!

How would you have designed your home differently? 9’ ceilings, wider hallways, get rid of the corner fireplace that makes it hard to arrange furniture, raise all counters for tall people.

What types of flooring do you like least and best and why? Old wood floors, tile, I’m might try LVT in my bedroom.

Could you move your sofa or fridge without help? Right now, no, but normally, yes.

What would you like strong men with a truck to come and carry away from your home? A kitchen island that is sitting in our garage, because son and DIL want it. The thing weighs a ton and their house is in Puerto Rico, so who knows when it will get shipped.

What would you like them to bring? Don’t need anything, but if they brought me new living room furniture, I’d like that.

Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM

6,899 posts, read 4,914,965 times
I can move my refrigerator to clean behind it. Same with the sofa, although it is very heavy. No way could I load them onto a truck.

My house is on a hill. It would have made an excellent split level. My ceilings are too high.

I prefer real hardwood. Tile can be lovely, really depends on the house.

There is some farm equipment in the barn that I would like some big strong men to take away. They could bring a new TV. I am planning on replacing mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics