Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 02:45 AM

16,908 posts, read 16,153,568 times

Advertisements

My space for rent here got rented: Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there!...@
Did you happen to notice that last Fryday a poster on page 2 found my questions to be 'odd'? Thank you!

~ Things that you do 'intentionally':

~ Things that you don't do 'intentionally':

~ '_______ of love'

~ Have you ever found a stick that you liked a lot and saved it? Can you describe it some?

~ Have you ever hugged someone for a good while...that you hardly know? Was it very special to you?

~ What do you think happens to a soul when something passes away?

~ What kind of facial expression do you most often have on your face?

~ Make yourself a salad in the big salad bowl, one nice salad for yourself: we have fresh everything!:

**** Life is good, despite its flaws....see you next Fryday, stay safe and careful! ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2024, 03:08 AM

61,903 posts, read 87,406,262 times
My space for rent here got rented: Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there!...@
Did you happen to notice that last Fryday a poster on page 2 found my questions to be 'odd'? Thank you!

I remember that. Your questions aren't odd to me.

Watch for QOTD every evening.

Getting lost in translation.

~ Gesture of love'

~ Have you ever found a stick that you liked a lot and saved it? Can you describe it some?

I pay attention to them, because some shapes are very useful in gardening.

~ Have you ever hugged someone for a good while...that you hardly know? Was it very special to you?

I might spontaneously hug a stranger for their exceptional kindness.

It dies with the person, I guess. But I didn't take time to ponder on it, so l might be wrong.

Neutral/curious

~ Make yourself a salad in the big salad bowl, one nice salad for yourself: we have fresh everything!:

Store salad mix with chopped cabbage PLUS chopped tomatoes, onions, cucumber, avocado, hard boiled egg and feta cheese - that's the base:

Then topped with meat or seafood.

**** Life is good, despite its flaws....see you next Fryday, stay safe and careful! ****

You too, roosty Thank you!

Last edited by elnina; 05-03-2024 at 03:37 AM..

Old 05-03-2024, 04:53 AM

11,386 posts, read 9,304,429 times
Did you happen to notice that last Fryday a poster on page 2 found my questions to be 'odd'? Thank you! - Opinions... They didn't have to answer...

~ Things that you do 'intentionally': Show up for work on time (unless there is an accident along the way) despite my miserable commute...

Treat others well...

~ 'Power of love' - Huey Lewis and the News (song)

~ Have you ever found a stick that you liked a lot and saved it? - Nope

~ Have you ever hugged someone for a good while...that you hardly know? - Not in recent years and nothing memorable.

~ What do you think happens to a soul when something passes away? - Dead is just that.

No such thing as a soul unless talking music in the late 1960s.

~ What kind of facial expression do you most often have on your face? - Normal, nothing special.

~ Make yourself a salad in the big salad bowl, one nice salad for yourself: we have fresh everything!: - My lunch at least 4 times per week.

So for today - Falafel, grape leaves, mushrooms (one or two of each), tabbouleh or wheat berry salad, black beans, garbanzo beans (on top of the tabbouleh or wheatberries), spinach, tomato, cucumber slices, and shredded carrots,

I use olive oil and vinegar.

I have two main salad bars I really like and two others that are okay.

**** Life is good, despite its flaws...- Sometimes but in reality more often not. I know, I know...

After work yesterday was both weird and depressing at the same time. Sparing the stories but I'd really like to tell...

see you next Fryday, stay safe and careful! **** - Sounds good. Thanks for the Fill-Ins!

Old 05-03-2024, 05:04 AM

30,595 posts, read 16,276,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
yea, noticed that. I thought the remark odd.

stitch, mulch, lots of other stuff

well, I intentionally don't fall down the stairs.

~ '_power______ of love'

long and straight with no bark. I was going to use it in the garden but never did.

not a hugger. A short hug if I must but very short.

moves on

not sure but probably a what's-going-on look.

diced chicken, mayo, dried cranberries, dash of curry, a bit of celery

Thanks, roosty. you too.

Old 05-03-2024, 05:12 AM

126,310 posts, read 19,095,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ Things that you do 'intentionally':........Have a healthy lifestyle

~ Things that you don't do 'intentionally':...........Fall asleep while watching TV

~ 'HEART FULL of love'

~ Have you ever found a stick that you liked a lot and saved it? Can you describe it some?.........Hiking stick

~ Have you ever hugged someone for a good while...that you hardly know? Was it very special to you? .........
Yeah I did

~ What do you think happens to a soul when something passes away?.......I believe the life energy leaves the body

~ What kind of facial expression do you most often have on your face?.........Smile...

~ Make yourself a salad in the big salad bowl, one nice salad for yourself: we have fresh everything!:... Mediterranean salad

Thank you roosty!

Old 05-03-2024, 06:08 AM

1,383 posts, read 621,700 times

###Odd is good.

~ Things that you do 'intentionally'

### Make a nice Sidecar cocktail

~ Things that you don't do 'intentionally’

### Step on doggie poop

~ '__An act _ of love'

~ Have you ever found a stick that you liked a lot and saved it?

### Yes, it belonged to my Dad. He had it so many years that the wood stick is shiny.

Can you describe it some?

### It’s a thin tree branch with a protruding even smaller branch at the end that sort of looks like a bent hook. He found it in our back yard and used as a backscratcher or when he dropped a sock or kitchen towel, etc., he didn’t have to bend down to pick it up. Gotta love those old timers when in the time they grew up necessity was the mother of invention.

~ Have you ever hugged someone for a good while...that you hardly know?

### Only a few seconds more than a quick hug but last week one of our guides in Italy went out of his way to do me a wonderful act of kindness.

Was it very special to you?

### It was special in the sense because it entirely caught me by surprise as the guide was sort of a grump, the wife too was surprised and gave him a hug. Thank you, Andrew, I will never forget your kind gesture.

### That is the great unknown.

### You can now accuse me of being the oddball, I most often have a slight smile on my face, I picked that up from my Dad. Maybe why in spite of the aforementioned Andrew being a grump he turned out to be thoughtful and kind to the smiling oddball.

### My favorite is the Spanish Ensaladilla Rusa. It’s delicious and refreshing, accompanied by those Crostini small squares. You can also make it into a sandwhich. I use red potatoes but any other low starch potatoes can be used. It is Spains signature ensalada, other easier versions online.

https://www.bascofinefoods.com/spani...aladilla-rusa/

###You too, roosty, hope all is well with you. THX for the Q’s

Last edited by CEN2RION; 05-03-2024 at 06:21 AM..

Old 05-03-2024, 06:56 AM

3,152 posts, read 1,031,834 times
Good morning.

Yes.
Almost everything. I'm aware of what I do most of the time.
My bad habits. Sometimes I'm not aware of them, while repeating them.
~ '__An affirmation_____ of love'

What an odd question, ha ha. I'm kidding.

Yes. An eucalyptus tree stick. Big, very pretty shades of brown. I hung it horizontally on the wall in the living room above the couch/sofa. And I used it to hang a giant art project of mine on the stick, like a small drape. The picture/fabric was made by hand on burlap (cross-stitch done in wool). It looked like a big spiral in orange and navy. I don't have it anymore but it always made an impression on others/visitors. It was a conversation starter. I think I have a picture of it but I can't post it now here, since it's not saved on my tablet. The spiral motive is the oldest used in art. It represents the cycle of life, birth, growth, death, and reincarnation.

Not into hugging but yes I did. Yes, it was.
Goes back home, to the astral world.
Calm.
Greek salad with some chicken breast.

Thanks.

Old 05-03-2024, 07:57 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,662 posts, read 81,403,499 times
~ Things that you do 'intentionally': Plan and cook all of our meals

~ Things that you don't do 'intentionally': Burn the food

~ '__Power_____ of love'

~ Have you ever found a stick that you liked a lot and saved it? Can you describe it some? No

~ Have you ever hugged someone for a good while...that you hardly know? Was it very special to you? No

~ What do you think happens to a soul when something passes away? Nothing, it's gone forever.

~ What kind of facial expression do you most often have on your face? Scowl

~ Make yourself a salad in the big salad bowl, one nice salad for yourself: we have fresh everything!: Iceberg and red leaf lettuce, sliced cucumber, Sungold cherry tomatoes cut in half, julienne red onions, Kalamata Olives, Feta cheeses crumples, sliced hard boiled egg, and creamy Feta dressing.

Old 05-03-2024, 08:57 AM

7,381 posts, read 5,495,300 times

~ Things that you do 'intentionally': overly organized

~ Things that you don't do 'intentionally': be unorganized

~ 'sea of love'

~ Have you ever found a stick that you liked a lot and saved it? No . Can you describe it some?

~ Have you ever hugged someone for a good while...that you hardly know? Was it very special to you? No, I’m not a hugger unless it’s my grandchildren when they were little and were huggers themselves.

~ What do you think happens to a soul when something passes away? Heaven

~ What kind of facial expression do you most often have on your face? Relaxing

Ice berg lettuce, shredded carrots, cheese, bacon, diced hard boiled eggs, diced green peppers, ranch dressing.

Thank you!

Old 05-03-2024, 10:15 AM

24,517 posts, read 26,059,340 times
I did notice.

Read the paper.

Doze off at the computer.

~ High on a mountainof love'

A walking stick found at Lake Tahoe that resides on the porch. It's long and kinda ugly.

Yes, very, very sprcial.

Poof

Normal, natural and relaxed.

Sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, radishes.

Thanx Roosty, Looking forward to next Fryday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics