Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,629 posts, read 81,316,164 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
If you could relive one year of your life (not changing anything before or since) but just to relive it, what age would you be and why did you chose that year? 1974, the year we got married, that was a lot of fun.

Today's Foodie Question(s):
Have you or yours used a recipe on a food package - bonus if you can remember an example of what you made or what kind of package ? I often use the cornbread recipe on the Albers Corn Meal box.

Just to:
About what time are you at home for the night and unlikely to go out until the next day? Almost always home for the day by 6pm. We rarely go out after dinner, only if we need something in a hurry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM

12,407 posts, read 2,977,798 times
Today's Question(s):
If you could relive one year of your life (not changing anything before or since) but just to relive it, what age would you be and why did you chose that year?
14. First year high school went really well.

Have you or yours used a recipe on a food package - bonus if you can remember an example of what you made or what kind of package ?
Tollhouse cookies, Bisquik biscuits, Chef Boyardee pizzas also went really well.

Just to:
About what time are you at home for the night and unlikely to go out until the next day?
5pm anymore!

Thank you, bjh!

Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM

24,496 posts, read 26,042,042 times
Today's Question(s):
If you could relive one year of your life (not changing anything before or since) but just to relive it, what age would you be and why did you chose that year?
18. Girls, cars and rock n roll.

Have you or yours used a recipe on a food package - bonus if you can remember an example of what you made or what kind of package ?
The wife has.

Just to:
About what time are you at home for the night and unlikely to go out until the next day?
Dark thirty.

Have a happy Thursday!
Thanx bjhFryday is about here.

Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM

44,646 posts, read 61,684,084 times
[quote=motormaker;66698898]
18. Girls, cars and rock n roll.

Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM

44,374 posts, read 20,086,203 times
Today's Question(s):

If you could relive one year of your life (not changing anything before or since) but just to relive it, what age would you be and why did you chose that year? Age 11. We had the best family vacation that summer. Some friends of friends of my family owned a mansion on Lake Maxinkuckee in Culver, Indiana. The owners were out of the country and allowed their friends to invite other families and spend a couple of weeks in their mansion. There were four families in our group, and the most fun part was that all of us kids got to stay in the servants' quarters over the carriage house. It was so much fun to be in a separate house from the grownups. We laughed our butts off all night. Also, the whole area was very beautiful, and we played in the lake and the nearby woods. It was a kid's paradise!

Have you or yours used a recipe on a food package - bonus if you can remember an example of what you made or what kind of package ? Yes. My favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies is the recipe on the bag of Toll House Semi-sweet Morsels. I've used it countless times, since I was a young-un. Also, I really like the recipe for pumpkin pie filling that's on the label of Libby pure pumpkin. I adjust the spices to my own taste, but I use the basic recipe, which comes out perfect every time.

Just to:
About what time are you at home for the night and unlikely to go out until the next day? It varies widely. Could be 5 p.m., 8 p.m. or after midnight. If I'm out doing something fun in the evening, I will never leave simply because it's a "usual" time to go home.

Have a happy Thursday! So far, so good. My day started out with a great check-up by my doctor. Everything else was gravy after that. I'm planning on a quiet evening at home, watching Young Sheldon and Ghosts and a couple of shows on PBS.

Thanks for the questions, bjh!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; Yesterday at 08:12 PM..

Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM

35,124 posts, read 17,080,545 times
Found these questions growing out of a crack in the sidewalk. Apologies if they make you sneeze. I'm glad you found them. And you didn't drop them in the crack.

Today's Question(s):
If you could relive one year of your life (not changing anything before or since) but just to relive it, what age would you be and why did you chose that year? 1972 was definitely a key year, transitioning both friends/acquaintances and, right after the end of the year, fathers. After a very rough beginning (more here), at the beginning of August things took a sharp turn for the better. Almost on my 15 1/2 "birthday", in October 1972 I scored a goal in soccer (though I was normally a fullback). Also, around the same time another 10th grader named Jim (now a close friend) and I met. And not by introduction but by chance. Jim did not have a Jewish name nor look Jewish. I was making a joke about "Rabbi, lawyer, priest" to someone else and he cut in and said "don't you have any pride in your religion?" He was in my grade, but I wasn't used to being talked to that bluntly, seriously or intelligently, particularly by another 15 year old. A bit less than a year later, well after my father's death we became friends (at that point, when he died I elected not to tell that new friend). The exchange would not have meant anything to me except for the events of January 5, 1973 (the day my Dad died) and February 14, 1973 (the day my mother started dating the man who became my new father). I know, I got a bit carried away.

Have you or yours used a recipe on a food package - bonus if you can remember an example of what you made or what kind of package ? Pancake and Potato pancake (latke) mix.

Just to:
About what time are you at home for the night and unlikely to go out until the next day? Anywhere between 5:30 PM and 8:00 PM.

Old Today, 12:34 AM

14,789 posts, read 8,129,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Found these questions growing out of a crack in the sidewalk. Apologies if they make you sneeze.

Today's Question(s):
When I was 18 to 19...lots of fun stuff going on then.
Sure many times and Many things, corn bread, biscuits, cookies and more.
Just to:
No norms.

Have a happy Thursday!

U2!
Thanks for the questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics