Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 04:52 AM

16,695 posts, read 17,462,312 times

Advertisements

Bonjour from France!

In the absence of QOTD may I post these?

The Olympics kick off in Paris in under a hundred days. Is there a sport that you like to watch?

Did/do you play any sports?

Have you ever attended any big sporting events in person?

Any major plans for the upcoming summer?

I have just been outside in glorious sunshine, listening to the birdsong and enjoying the views of the countryside. What simple pleasures do you enjoy?

Enjoy your weekend CDers.

Au revoir !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2024, 05:37 AM

126,310 posts, read 19,095,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Bonjour from France!

The Olympics kick off in Paris in under a hundred days. Is there a sport that you like to watch?.......Soccer/Fußball,Martial Arts and Equestrian

Did/do you play any sports?.........Used to play Fußball/soccer,field hockey,alpine skiing

Have you ever attended any big sporting events in person?......Just an alpine ski event

Any major plans for the upcoming summer?...... Traveling and lots of cycling

I have just been outside in glorious sunshine, listening to the birdsong and enjoying the views of the countryside. What simple pleasures do you enjoy?........Nature symphony,playing with the grandchildren,pet sitting my kids dogs,hiking, cycling, gardening and more

Au revoir !

Aif Wiedersehen and thank you Jezer

Old 04-20-2024, 05:45 AM

11,386 posts, read 9,304,429 times
In the absence of QOTD may I post these? - Absolutely! Thanks a bunch!

The Olympics kick off in Paris in under a hundred days. Is there a sport that you like to watch? - Any sport? It's amazing to me that people are finally catching on to women's college basketball. I've been a fan and have been attending games for 35 years! Currently a regular attendee at Loyola (Baltimore, MD) and UMBC.

I watch and play the horses live on my computer at times...

I don't usually watch much or any of the Olympics.

Did/do you play any sports? - Baseball and softball. I played in leagues (non-professional) until I was 31 years old.

Have you ever attended any big sporting events in person? - Yes, 10 World Series games involving the Baltimore Orioles (1970, 1971, 1979, and 1983).

I also went to the Preakness here in Baltimore many times in the past. A still good friend of mine step-father was a top jockey agent and would give him free tickets.

Any major plans for the upcoming summer? - No, thanks to some very expensive dental bills...

I have just been outside in glorious sunshine, listening to the birdsong and enjoying the views of the countryside. What simple pleasures do you enjoy? - I'll pass on what would be an unpopular answer, LOL.

Enjoy your weekend CDers. - You as well. Great questions!

Old 04-20-2024, 05:47 AM

30,595 posts, read 16,276,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Bonjour from France!

of course! Questions from France are always welcome.

The Olympics kick off in Paris in under a hundred days. Is there a sport that you like to watch?
not especially.

used to snowshoe, bike, hike. Baseball way back when.

a few horse shows when my sister competed. Guess they wouldn't be considered big tho'.

have some major transplanting to do in the front of the house.

I have just been outside in glorious sunshine, listening to the birdsong and enjoying the views of the countryside. What simple pleasures do you enjoy?
pretty much the same with an added attraction of a running brook. sometimes just stepping outside and breathing. looking at photographs I took so many years ago.

Au revoir !
Thank you, Jezer.

Old 04-20-2024, 06:23 AM

35,239 posts, read 17,123,279 times
Bonjour from France!

In the absence of QOTD may I post these? Thanks for stepping up and posting. Saved me or someone else from having to do it.

The Olympics kick off in Paris in under a hundred days. Is there a sport that you like to watch? Swimming

Did/do you play any sports? Still play tennis. Running more like a walk now

Have you ever attended any big sporting events in person? Baseball, football, hockey and two basketball games.

Any major plans for the upcoming summer? Two wedding attendances.

I have just been outside in glorious sunshine, listening to the birdsong and enjoying the views of the countryside. What simple pleasures do you enjoy? Similar. Right now waiting for the sun.

Au revoir ! Thanks for stepping up and posting.

Old 04-20-2024, 06:40 AM

50,406 posts, read 64,129,909 times
Bonjour from France! Bonjour!

In the absence of QOTD may I post these? Thanks!

The Olympics kick off in Paris in under a hundred days. Is there a sport that you like to watch? Swimming

Did/do you play any sports? Not anymore. I used to play tennis, but I’m not very sporty.

Have you ever attended any big sporting events in person? No

Any major plans for the upcoming summer? We are staying put, because some of the kids and grands are coming here and renting a beach house.

I have just been outside in glorious sunshine, listening to the birdsong and enjoying the views of the countryside. What simple pleasures do you enjoy? I love watching the birds and bees in my quiet yard, and smelling the flowers and newly cut grass.

Enjoy your weekend CDers. Vous aussi.

Au revoir !

Old 04-20-2024, 07:01 AM

9,736 posts, read 14,290,471 times
I don't watch any of the Olympics. When I have time, I enjoy watching the Washington Nationals Baseball Games

Did/do you play any sports? No. But, from the ages 12 to 21, I was a competitive baton twirler and twirled my way up and down the East Coast, winning trophies. That really should be classified as a sport, but it isn't. The competitions and practices were grueling, but I enjoyed that. During that time period, I also taught classes in baton twirling. I still twirl my batons in the privacy of my back yard, where nobody can see me. What???? at 84 yrs. old ? Yep! I still have it, except for throwing it up and catching it behind my back. I have a few bruises from that.

Have you ever attended any big sporting events in person? As I mentioned above, the Washington Nationals Baseball. I'm more of a rock 'n roll enthusiast and will travel, reasonable distances, to live rock concerts.

Any major plans for the upcoming summer? Major to me, I have tickets for 3 different rock concerts in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

1) Small town Charm: Sitting on my covered front porch, admiring my hanging baskets of petunias on warm evenings, and enjoying iced tea with the company of our 2 local police officers.
2) Summer evenings at a nearby Bayside location, I enjoy having a freshly prepared seafood dinner on the dock, while viewing the beautiful Delaware Bay and the fishing boats unloading their catches of the day.

thanks for stepping in!

Last edited by rdlr; 04-20-2024 at 07:25 AM..

Old 04-20-2024, 07:39 AM

3,152 posts, read 1,031,834 times
Bonjour from France!
Bonjour!
Bien sûr.
Cycling and tennis but not the Olympics.
I did: ice-skating (4yo), swimming (5-7yo), gymnastics (7+yo), tennis (12-13yo), lifting weights (17+yo). All these mentioned - with trainers. Now I do: Pilates, aerobic, yoga and training with weights. The last one rarely. Plus (brisk) walking.
Not big but sport events - yes. Tennis.
Moving again to a different state, gardening, acrylic painting, spending less time on the computer etc.
Many. Knitting outside, walking/sitting outside in the grass without shoes, taking a walk in nature, painting and drawing, cross-stitch, cooking, listening to the birds/bugs, petting and playing with animals. Plus: fixing things around the house, gardening, writing letters and postcards, making rugs and pillows by hand, making clothes and then doing embroidery on them, soaking in the tub, making jewelry, making lotions and creams using herbs from my garden etc.
Merci beaucoup.
Au revoir.

Old 04-20-2024, 07:47 AM

61,905 posts, read 87,406,262 times
Bonjour from France!

Bonjour Jezer!

Of course!!

Field and track, marathon, rowing, weightlifting, boxing and soccer.

Archery, shooting.

Big? No.

I spend every Summer in Europe, and also usually visit my friends in Tunisia and Morocco. Not sure about other travels, yet. There will be some sailing this year. I have to renew my license.

I have just been outside in glorious sunshine, listening to the birdsong and enjoying the views of the countryside. What simple pleasures do you enjoy

Pretty much the same. It's still beautiful outdoors, although it's getting hot.

Definitely!

Au revoir !

Merci bien, Jezer!

Last edited by elnina; 04-20-2024 at 07:59 AM..

Old 04-20-2024, 08:15 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,071,496 times
Bonjour from France!

The Olympics kick off in Paris in under a hundred days. Is there a sport that you like to watch? Not a fan of the Summer Olympics (don't watch any summer events) but I do like the Winter Olympics. I used to watch a lot of sports (baseball, ice hockey and football).

Did/do you play any sports? volleyball and competitive bass fishing. Not great at either one.

Have you ever attended any big sporting events in person? I went to many NY Islanders NHL hockey games (was active with the team) including their 4 Stanley Cup wins in the 1980s and I went to a number of NY Yankee baseball games as a kid and as an adult (in the old Yankee Stadium) and saw Dave Righetti's no hitter and two old timer games.

Any major plans for the upcoming summer? Next week, I'll be going on my wildlife refuge trip to photograph birds, including many water birds and migrating songbirds I don't see in East Tennessee and when I return, I'll be taking a week or two off and then head for Middle Tennessee to photograph the 11 year cicadas, brood XIX. Hopefully, I'll see some butterflies to photograph in East TN over the summer because for the past 2 years, I have hardly seen any here. I usually hibernate in the summer. Least favorite season because of the heat. Don't vacation in the summer.

I have just been outside in glorious sunshine, listening to the birdsong and enjoying the views of the countryside. What simple pleasures do you enjoy? Just an aside, for the last two weeks the birds here have been chirping at 2:00A and 3:00A. I don't know if I'm just hearing it now and they always did or this is just unusual. There are robins all over the place. The mallards and Canadian geese will have their babies when I am gone and be walking around with them when I get home.

Au revoir !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics