Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2021, 12:52 PM

14,951 posts, read 9,790,824 times

Advertisements

Hiding my peas in my milk doesn't work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 06:28 AM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the M is missing.

Strong people don't put others down. They lift them up.

Old 05-30-2021, 08:59 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
― Will Rogers

“Never miss a good chance to shut up.”
― Will Rogers

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
― Will Rogers

“There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.”
― Will Rogers

“The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office.”
― Will Rogers

Old 05-31-2021, 03:07 PM

Though these were appropriate for today.

"Without memory, there is no culture. Without memory, there would be no civilization, no society, no future." – Elie Wiesel

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America." – Bill Clinton

"For love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue." – James A. Garfield

"Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay." – Barack Obama

"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of a readiness to die." – G.K. Chesterton"

"And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me." – Lee Greenwood, "God Bless the U.S.A"

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived." – Gen. George S. Patton

"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." – John F. Kennedy

"Duty, honor, country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." – Gen. Douglas MacArthur

"A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself." – Joseph Campbell

"A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself." – Joseph Campbell

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering." – Theodore Roosevelt

My favorite.

"But freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. The only way they can inherit the freedom we have known is if we fight for it, protect it, defend it and then hand it to them with the well-thought lessons of how they in their lifetime must do the same. And if you and I don't do this, then you and I may well spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it once was like in America when men were free." – Ronald Reagan

Last edited by motormaker; 05-31-2021 at 03:15 PM..

Old 06-02-2021, 11:26 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
"Life can be nothing but a waiting room but with bad magazines." - HPR

Old 06-06-2021, 09:52 AM

"A bottle of Tabasco sauce lasts longer than most marriages."

DJS

Old 06-06-2021, 10:31 AM

11,402 posts, read 5,960,793 times
"What profits a man if he gains the world but loses his soul."

"The more you have, the more you have to worry about."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure,” Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-06-2021, 11:23 AM

24,766 posts, read 28,507,453 times
" Put your pants on first... before shoe's "

Old 06-06-2021, 11:41 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Greater the risk, sweeter the reward!

Man is ice to truth, fire to falsehoods! (Every politician knows that!)

Old 06-06-2021, 04:43 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
― Will Rogers

“Never miss a good chance to shut up.”
― Will Rogers

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
― Will Rogers

“There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.”
― Will Rogers

“The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office.”
― Will Rogers
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Though these were appropriate for today.

"Without memory, there is no culture. Without memory, there would be no civilization, no society, no future." – Elie Wiesel

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America." – Bill Clinton

"For love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue." – James A. Garfield

"Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay." – Barack Obama

"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of a readiness to die." – G.K. Chesterton"

"And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me." – Lee Greenwood, "God Bless the U.S.A"

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived." – Gen. George S. Patton

"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." – John F. Kennedy

"Duty, honor, country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." – Gen. Douglas MacArthur

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering." – Theodore Roosevelt

My favorite.

"But freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. The only way they can inherit the freedom we have known is if we fight for it, protect it, defend it and then hand it to them with the well-thought lessons of how they in their lifetime must do the same. And if you and I don't do this, then you and I may well spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it once was like in America when men were free." – Ronald Reagan
Motormaker, you know some great quotes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics