Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 11:00 AM

36,411 posts, read 16,020,348 times

Advertisements

Here is a pic of me and my Mom, about 1953, I was a year old. Wow so cool to look at old pics. Ha ha, oh just looked and I was 15 months! Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 11:20 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post

Here is a pic of me and my Mom, about 1953, I was a year old. Wow so cool to look at old pics. Ha ha, oh just looked and I was 15 months! Lol
I enjoy seeing photos that show how people have changed over time (grown up/aged),
so this (of you & your mom) complements the one of you (as an adult) with your dad.
Plus, of course it's nice to have pictures of both parents (when possible).

Old 06-16-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
I enjoy seeing photos that show how people have changed over time (grown up/aged),
so this (of you & your mom) complements the one of you (as an adult) with your dad.
Plus, of course it's nice to have pictures of both parents (when possible).
I like it too, I need to scan a bunch more pics!!

Old 06-16-2013, 12:16 PM

44,346 posts, read 20,047,057 times
The family photos are priceless! Thank you for sharing!

I need to do some more scanning as well.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:32 PM

My dad (R) and my grandpa on Christmas Day, 1964. My dad was one who could build or fix anything, and he was a wonderful artist as well. He built the family room in the basement of our house, including a fireplace, bar and a built-in entertainment center (nobody else had such a thing back in the 60s!). Dad even designed and built all the furniture for the room. He also painted a beautiful mural on the wall and framed it to look as though we were looking out a picture window at the mountains of Oregon. (Dad worked as a lumberjack in Oregon for the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1939 and always said Oregon is the most beautiful place in the world.) You can see a portion of his mural on the wall in the background of this photo.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:34 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
My dad (R) and my grandpa on Christmas Day, 1964. My dad was one who could build or fix anything, and he was a wonderful artist as well. He built the family room in the basement of our house, including a fireplace, bar and a built-in entertainment center (nobody else had such a thing back in the 60s!). Dad even designed and built all the furniture for the room. He also painted a beautiful mural on the wall and framed it to look as though we were looking out a picture window at the mountains of Oregon. (Dad worked as a lumberjack in Oregon for the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1939 and always said Oregon is the most beautiful place in the world.) You can see a portion of his mural on the wall in the background of this photo.
Neato, to see both the artist & the work in one photo.
Groovy mural, it's like bringing the outdoors inside.
Majestic mountains, yet you don't need windows to get a great view.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:32 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Click image for larger version

Name:	fathersday.JPG
Views:	451
Size:	331.9 KB
ID:	113219 My dad and I.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 06-16-2013 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: (I still stink at posting pictures on here.)

Old 06-16-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
My dad and I. My dad and I.
This is a great picture, fuzzy! I don't know whose smile is broader.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,308,704 times
Pammy! Love the pic of your Daddy and Grand Daddy! And the "window" is amazing! Your Dad was awesome! And hey! We had tv trays like those when I was a kid too! Mama would set them up for us kids to eat downstairs in the tv room while the adults did their thing in the living room. Wow! That brought back some memories! LOL

Tas, that pic of you and your Mama is precious! You were such a cute baby!!!! Your Mama was beautiful too. Classic beauty. Now we know where yours came from.

I am sooooo lovin this thread! So much fun, and to share in everyone's memories is like all of us spending time together reading memory/scrap books and family photo albums. I love it!

Cloven, I love the pic of your parents picnicking (camping?) and the two on the side are fabulous! They look so happy! Wonderful stuff!

Fuzzy, you were a Daddy's Girl! What a sweet smile on both faces! And you were a real cutie pie too!

Wow! So much love in these pics! Good memories too.

Another one from my life....

My son Trey holding my grand daughter Bella. Trey loves being an uncle, can you tell?
(sorry the pic isn't very clear, and the horrible red eye. I'm still learning how to fix that stuff)

Old 06-17-2013, 08:27 AM

Great pics!

PJ~~Love the TV trays and the sweaters!!

Fuzzy~~What a happy pic!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics