Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM

2,485 posts, read 1,559,309 times

Advertisements

We have stayed at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside, Gran Destino Tower in Coronado Springs, and Universal’s Lowes Royal Pacific.

You can stay at so many great resort hotels in Disney and Universal it would keep you busy for years. They are amazing.

That being said, not everyone likes the park atmosphere. Personally, I love it if done right. Our stay at Gran Destino was a highlight. They have awesome grounds with a killer pool and bar area. The restaurants are great and the hotel and rooms are new and fantastic. It’s expensive, but not as much as a Ritz-Carlton.

I’ll be in LV this summer and we will be staying at the Bellagio. Looks like fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Oh, and to add, I did stay at the Grand Floridian for a conference many years ago. Despite our guaranteed reservation for a standard room, the hotel had overbooked. They wanted us to spend the night offsite, but I complained that meetings were starting early in the morning, and why should I be inconvenienced for their error?

The front desk clerk huddled with a manager, who then told me and my husband—“you are very very lucky. We can put you in a suite, for this one night, and we’ll have a standard room ready for you tomorrow. Don’t get too comfortable because we’ll have to move you and your things out by noon.”

We thought that was a good deal, and a bellhop loads up our luggage to take us up to our room, using a private elevator. The guy told us “you’re gonna love this room.” The sign on the door said Grand Suite. Was it ever!!!

The suite was over 2000 square feet, as large as my home. Fresh flowers everywhere. A view of Space Mountain, Cinderella’s Castle and much of the park. A white baby grand piano that the bellhop said Michael Jackson had previously used. Sunken tubs. We ran around the place whooping it up like two children.

I called one of my coworkers to come on up with her husband. We sat around drinking, eating and playing chopsticks on the piano. Didn’t want the experience to end.
I’m jealous! Awesome memory. On our honeymoon in Puerto Rico we were led down a hallway to our room at midnight. We didn’t know what to expect as we booked a mid-level room with a garden view. When the guy opened the door we were looking through French doors at the Pacific Ocean. It was in the center of the property with a balcony over the main beach area. The moon was reflecting off the water. Couldn’t believe our luck. Good times!

Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM

4 posts, read 396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Wyndham's Bonnet Creek resort is pretty spectacular.
I agree, the whole Bonnet Creek trilogy (Hilton-Waldorf Astoria, JW Marriott and Wyndham) is spectacular.

Old Today, 08:37 AM

3,241 posts, read 3,547,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
I’m jealous! Awesome memory. On our honeymoon in Puerto Rico we were led down a hallway to our room at midnight. We didn’t know what to expect as we booked a mid-level room with a garden view. When the guy opened the door we were looking through French doors at the Pacific Ocean. It was in the center of the property with a balcony over the main beach area. The moon was reflecting off the water. Couldn’t believe our luck. Good times!

Thats very impressive to see the Pacific Ocean from Puerto Rico.

Old Today, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapdad00 View Post
Thats very impressive to see the Pacific Ocean from Puerto Rico.
Haha! Oops. Wrong pond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando