Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2023, 11:14 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

Clermont is growing in housing, a lot of new communities, but not in culture. I’m from Miami and bored, but I’ve lived my life, now retired and shouldn't complain. My grands keep me busy, football mostly. From your list, definitely Orlando. The public schools in lake county are bursting at the seams with new kids. In Fl we have a voucher program open to all children. Make sure kids can be placed into your chosen private school. Clermont is new and very hilly, pretty, but for now the traffic is a nightmare. They are building more roads towards the east, a few more years for that. Much to do in the area, but how long driving time should be a priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2023, 09:50 AM

210 posts, read 270,702 times
Sidenote, not all private schools participate in the voucher program. Lake Highland does not because it would affect their independent school certification.

Old 12-19-2023, 07:06 AM

2,939 posts, read 4,122,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipmart87 View Post

And while somewhere like that would be great for my son there is that old saying of “Happy wife, happy life” which is very important. We currently live in Carlsbad in San Diego county and my wife who has been here for 15 years ago does feel a little left out and isolated at times and while she agreed to move, she did want somewhere with a Filipino community

Thanks again
Yes! We moved here from the Bay Area about 5 years ago and always did a week at the beach down in Carlsbad because NorCal beaches are so cold In fact, we want back for a week this summer because we missed it . . . but yeah, all the more reason to not move to Clermont.

If you want to be closer I would suggest Windermere as has been said but if you do a private school like Lake Highland - they have great swim facilities - your life would probably be much more sane. There are a lot of great neighborhoods within a 4 mile radius of Lake Highland and I can't overstate how convenient that part of Orlando is - hands down the most convenient place I've ever lived in terms of ease of access to day-to-day life stuff. Doctors, hospitals, shopping, restaurants, entertainment, parks . . . it's all right there.

Old 12-29-2023, 12:11 PM

140 posts, read 123,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
Yes! We moved here from the Bay Area about 5 years ago and always did a week at the beach down in Carlsbad because NorCal beaches are so cold In fact, we want back for a week this summer because we missed it . . . but yeah, all the more reason to not move to Clermont.

If you want to be closer I would suggest Windermere as has been said but if you do a private school like Lake Highland - they have great swim facilities - your life would probably be much more sane. There are a lot of great neighborhoods within a 4 mile radius of Lake Highland and I can't overstate how convenient that part of Orlando is - hands down the most convenient place I've ever lived in terms of ease of access to day-to-day life stuff. Doctors, hospitals, shopping, restaurants, entertainment, parks . . . it's all right there.
Thanks

I looked at properties in the Windermere area and they all seem to come with HOA fees and other association fees, is that normal for the area?

Old 12-29-2023, 03:01 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,508,237 times
Quote:
Thanks

I looked at properties in the Windermere area and they all seem to come with HOA fees and other association fees, is that normal for the area?
It depends on where you go in Windermere. Downtown Windermere doesn't really have HOAs but almost anything outside of that will. Anything in a subdivision will have an HOA.

Old 01-04-2024, 10:51 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Thanks

As mentioned already, downtown Windermere is mostly non-hoa and is very nice.

Old 02-20-2024, 08:56 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
There are many areas that offer the better schools than Lake County. Yes The Clermont fish house has the best take away. I drive to Clermont for that even though it is a drive. Winter Park and Boone are probably among the top HS for sports in this area. The private schools are very good but expensive. Many like the Seminole County schools, but they too are hit and miss.
Winter Park and Thornton Park are among the best options based on the wish list... just saying.

Old 02-22-2024, 11:03 PM

10,058 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Is Clermont one of the municipalities with a relatively high percentage of high income households in the Orlando area or this applies to other municipalities? Also, what municipalities are those?

Old 02-23-2024, 09:01 AM

17,137 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Is Clermont one of the municipalities with a relatively high percentage of high income households in the Orlando area or this applies to other municipalities? Also, what municipalities are those?
No, it is not.

There are several of those "municipalities."

Much of Windermere,
Dr. Philips,
half of Winter Park,
the majority of the Markham Woods Corridor which includes parts of Lake Mary, Sanford and Longwood,
Baldwin Park,
a solid chunk of College Park,
Delaney Park

To name a few.

Several of the "downtown" neighborhoods would be considered high income too.

Clermont (Lake County as a whole) is a place people will move to if they want a decent-sized home for cheap(er).

Old 02-23-2024, 09:07 AM

5,962 posts, read 3,706,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
No, it is not.

There are several of those "municipalities."

Much of Windermere,
Dr. Philips,
half of Winter Park,
the majority of the Markham Woods Corridor which includes parts of Lake Mary, Sanford and Longwood,
Baldwin Park,
a solid chunk of College Park,
Delaney Park

To name a few.

Several of the "downtown" neighborhoods would be considered high income too.

Clermont (Lake County as a whole) is a place people will move to if they want a decent-sized home for cheap(er).
IMO, Lake County is primarily composed of retirement communities and, as such, the housing prices are considerably lower than in the communities around Orlando.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando