Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:29 AM

375 posts, read 1,727,883 times

Advertisements

There is a thread already on this subject.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/orego...-oregon-4.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 12:43 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,163,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smart View Post
I just saw Untraceable with Diane Lane. Much like, Mr Brooks with Kevin Costner they use Portland's winter as the dark and depressing backdrop.

I know there have been lots of movies either filmed around Oregon and/or take place here. Can we name them all?
Perhaps (I don't happen to agree with winter being dark and depressing), but it's interesting to note that they had to manufacture the rain.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADRMNDANES View Post
There is a thread already on this subject.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/orego...-oregon-4.html

I don't think they're quite the same topic. The one asks if they depict life in Oregon. Most of them, I don't think really do. They use Oregon settings, but few are iconic of the Oregon lifestyle (if there is such a thing), unlike something like Annie Hall would be to New York.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:30 AM

375 posts, read 1,727,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
I don't think they're quite the same topic. The one asks if they depict life in Oregon. Most of them, I don't think really do. They use Oregon settings, but few are iconic of the Oregon lifestyle (if there is such a thing), unlike something like Annie Hall would be to New York.

I think we can read the thread went OT, it still lists most of the movies made in Oregon.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:03 PM

8 posts, read 67,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
A few omissions I can think of (off the top of my head) I didn't see on your list:

Disaster in Time, 1992, filmed around Oakland.
Cheesy movie, but one of my favorite guilty pleasures. Jeff Daniels sci-fi.

How to Beat the High Cost of Living, 1980, filmed in Eugene.
Susan St. James, Jane Curtin, Jessica Lange as housewifes robbing the Valley River Center

Brainsmasher ... a Love Story, 1993, filmed in Portland.
The loathesome Andrew Dice Clay.

The Hunted, 2003, filmed around Portland
Benicio del Toro being hunted by Tommy Lee Jones.

Broken Noses, 1987, in Portland
A great documentary about boxing.

Jackass, The Movie, 2002, around Portland
Who can forget the Jackass boys came mostly from Portland, and so filmed here!

An oldie, but a goodie, that was filmed in Oregon was Bend of the River. Who can forget Jimmy Stewart on Mt.Hood!

There were a lot of made-for-tv movies made around Portland that I know of, about in the 80-90s when filming here really boomed. Can't remember titles. Dead by Sunset was one. There was one about a woman who'd unknowingly raised a kidnapped baby, and the birth mother showed up (good movie ... can't remember the name). And who can forget that they filmed the movie about the first boming of the World Trade Center here. 'Cause you know Portland looks so much like New York.
I didn't know that "Disaster in Time" was filmed here! Wow! That's such a "neat" movie. I think that it's great in the end that he gets his wife back.

I honestly thought that "Brainsmasher" (with Andrew "Dice" Clay and Terri Hatcher) as well as "The Hunted" (with Benecio Del Toro and Tommy Lee Jones) and "Jackass: The Movie" (who can forget him returning a rental car all messed up! lol) was on the list. Ack! Goes to prove that I should have proof read before I posted. Oh well. It just goes to show that I am human! lol

I think that I recall the title of a movie such as "How to Beat the High Cost of Living". However, I never heard of "Broken Noses". Eh... goes to show (concerning) "Broken Noses" is not my type of movie as it is sports oriented.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADRMNDANES View Post
I think we can read the thread went OT, it still lists most of the movies made in Oregon.
My point being that movies filmed in Oregon don't necessarily have anything to do with ones depicting an iconic Oregon lifestyle. They are two different topics.

For example, Brainsmasher or Dr. Giggles don't depict "the Oregon lifestyle." And especially not something like Twin Towers which, though filmed in Portland, was set in New York City.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:58 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,649,487 times
An Andrew McLaglen Civil War movie, "Shenandoah" with James Stewart, Doug McClure, and James Best, was filmed northeast of Springfield in 1965. It was filmed under the working title of "Fields of Honor". I was one of the extras used in it. Stewart was a very friendly person to meet. It was quite an adventure to be a part of and interesting to see how some of the special effects were done.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:01 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,066,660 times
Thanks guys!!! My Netflix queue is like totally full now!!! Wooo hooo!!

I also found this: Film Locations in Oregon

Old 02-01-2009, 09:57 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,722,511 times
Default A Very Special Film Showing May 2008

As the parent of an adult with a disability I am on a mailing list for a group in NYC called "Sprout". They have an annual film festival as a fund raiser (bear with me).

This year, they are showing a film made on the streets of Portland called "Street Anthem". It is a 3 min. music video by Hip Hop artist LAZ D. It was produced in Portland Oregon in 2005.

You may want to add this to your filmography lists. They have a website.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:48 AM

89 posts, read 226,241 times
Men of honor was filmed at Dibleys Point just below Rainier Oregon on the banks of the Columbia River.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon