Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 05:36 AM

2,156 posts, read 5,489,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschaffy View Post
Haven't done the research but I have heard from a few people now that whole foods is going to Englewood???!!!

Just read the article which mentions it as well. If Englewood can support whole foods than surely NWI can.
Yes it is true that it is going there. However, the Whole Foods in Englewood plan definitely has major politics and money (such as $10M in TIF funds) involved. The only reason the store would work out is because it would be a very secure store and residents from other middle class Chicago neighborhoods nearby (neighborhoods like Beverly or Mt. Greenwood that would probably have been better suited for a WF store) would probably shop there. The only other south side location (and I don't count South Loop) will be the Hyde Park location. But Hyde Park and Kenwood can definitely support a Whole Foods.

I believe that we can definitely support a WF store here. The location in Shops on Main is great. It is near the highest income-densest population area of NWI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,754 times
I was told earlier that there would be a White House Black Market and American Girl. Has anyone else heard this?

Old 09-29-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sweetpeas219 View Post
I was told earlier that there would be a White House Black Market and American Girl. Has anyone else heard this?
That was way back in 2009 or so when the project was originally a "Lifestyle Center" concept and would have been much higher end that what it is now. Right now the project is a little confusing. All of the anchor stores are discount retailers...but then there is a proposed Whole Foods Market. At this point, I don't think we would get that many mall stores. But who knows.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:29 AM

811 posts, read 2,336,645 times
I also noticed that the sign for the development that will be located on the property where the old Krispy Kreme building is has been updated to say "Coming Spring 2014" instead of 2013. Not sure if that was a mistake on the first sign or just a year long delay, but nonetheless it looks like that shopping area will be open in 6-8 months.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
I also noticed that the sign for the development that will be located on the property where the old Krispy Kreme building is has been updated to say "Coming Spring 2014" instead of 2013. Not sure if that was a mistake on the first sign or just a year long delay, but nonetheless it looks like that shopping area will be open in 6-8 months.
I noticed that too. I do feel that it will be built pretty fast given the size. The Shops on Main has seen MAJOR progress since groundbreaking. They have already began the landscaping on the site and have planted most of the trees there! Still waiting to see if the Whole Foods Market will actually locate there. I noticed that on the real estate page for the Shoppes on the Boulevard, they have Whole Foods as a nearby tenant already.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:56 PM

144 posts, read 182,845 times
Speaking of new stores, has anyone heard of a store called Fallas before? One is planned to open in Calumet City soon where Old Navy used to be.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:34 PM

Default Update

Hope this is good! I am glad that the old Menards is being redeveloped...just waiting on news on the former K-Mart in St. John... ( Sorry svillechris, I had to post this one before you got a chance too )

New shopping center planned in Schererville

Does anyone know anything about Bagger Dave's??? Looking online, the interior looks nice and reminds me of Portillo's. And it seems like NWI is getting a lot of new burger & sandwich places recently. Meatheads Burgers (along with Noodles&Company) is coming to Munster on an outlot of the Lake Business Center.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Hope this is good! I am glad that the old Menards is being redeveloped...just waiting on news on the former K-Mart in St. John... ( Sorry svillechris, I had to post this one before you got a chance too )

[URL="http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/schererville/new-shopping-center-planned-in-schererville/article_6cf0772b-44ad-5ee2-bbef-088bc84168c7.html"]New shopping center planned in Schererville[/URL]

Does anyone know anything about Bagger Dave's??? Looking online, the interior looks nice and reminds me of Portillo's. And it seems like NWI is getting a lot of new burger & sandwich places recently. Meatheads Burgers (along with Noodles&Company) is coming to Munster on an outlot of the Lake Business Center.

Planet Fitness will be one of business in the old menards

Old 11-25-2013, 07:50 AM

277 posts, read 442,220 times
Default Bagger Dave + Three Floyds = Happy NWI

Bagger Dave's would fit right in with the NWI craze of our Craft Beer (guilty!) Three Floyds should find a way to capitalize with them going in for the pairings.

I was really hoping for Costco to figure out that we don't like going all the way to Merrillville for our bulk grocery shopping and that the Menards store would be perfect to renovate. This option seems a good one too, just dissapointing of my own personal agenda.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:46 PM

Default Shops on Main...

If you have driven past lately, two basic structures on two outlets are up and one of them already has tyvek wrap on it.

I did notice that while on the website it says that the fifth anchor is Pier 1 Imports, the physical structure so far just stops at DSW...and it doesn't look like anything is being built next to it anytime soon as the side of DSW has already been finished. I wonder what is going on? Anyone know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana