Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 01:40 PM

9 posts, read 5,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinT View Post
Are you going to go to the party?
Of course. I'm pitching in money for the Airbnb, I'm well within my rights to attend if I want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2024, 01:51 PM

6,833 posts, read 11,573,384 times
Calendar item: make some popcorn next weekend for Chapter 2.

Old 04-28-2024, 01:51 PM

151 posts, read 51,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelbadburger View Post
Of course. I'm pitching in money for the Airbnb, I'm well within my rights to attend if I want.
OK, good.

Don't buy into any nonsense this person may want to create. Walk away.

Old 04-28-2024, 02:32 PM

14,547 posts, read 12,185,505 times
Well, yes! That is more clear. At least you're no longer wondering if it is just a mistake! Although if you really have no idea what might have caused those kind of hard feelings, it's no less a mystery.

Old 04-28-2024, 03:05 PM

30,314 posts, read 23,789,660 times
Quote:
Well, I sent her a new follow request on Instagram this morning and she denied it. And after that, I texted her and asked her what's up. She responded with a text that said "Delete my number and don't ever contact me again. And don't you dare show up at (insert friend's name here) party next week."

I could press for an answer, but I think she's made her position clear.
Ok, well, now you know you've dodged a bullet. Could have done that days ago.

As for the party, tell her to suck it. If you were invited, you go.

Old 04-28-2024, 03:13 PM

23,361 posts, read 18,968,084 times
Have to agree that both of you were somewhat in the wrong. No one lowered themselves to expend much energy trying to figure out what might have happened. Both waited for the other person to twitch first. A sort of emotional game of chicken. Look where it got you.

The only way you'll know what this whole silly kerfuffle was all about is to lay ego aside, offer an olive branch, meet up and ask. If she won't, guess your only option is to walk away. A true friend wouldn't let this lay so long because their friend and the friendship meant more to them. They'd attempt to solve the mystery, be prepared to own their part in it (unintentional or not) and offer an apology. If a friend of mine went off the deep end over something as trivial as not being one of their Instagram followers, detaching from them doesn't sound like any great loss. As for the ultimatum "don't you dare show up" garbage, that's just more petty melodrama. What's she going to do, go all ghetto and pick a fight at the party? Stupid all around.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-28-2024 at 04:36 PM..

Old 04-28-2024, 03:26 PM

24,652 posts, read 10,989,705 times
Quote:
Well, I sent her a new follow request on Instagram this morning and she denied it. And after that, I texted her and asked her what's up. She responded with a text that said "Delete my number and don't ever contact me again. And don't you dare show up at (insert friend's name here) party next week."

I could press for an answer, but I think she's made her position clear.
You realize there is communication that does not require social media?

Old 04-28-2024, 03:33 PM

23,361 posts, read 18,968,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
You realize there is communication that does not require social media?
THIS^^^^! If this really was important for you, you would have reached out human to human "in person", not indirectly under some convenient SM facade. The more important a communication is, the more you should personalize/elevate it. You could have called her by phone, offered to meet up to talk face to face. You chose not to for whatever reason.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-28-2024 at 04:01 PM..

Old 04-28-2024, 03:38 PM

6,885 posts, read 4,899,841 times
I suggest you go to the party unless the mutual friend rescinds the invitation. If she makes a scene tell that if you offended her in anyway it was not on purpose, but do not otherwise engage unless it can be quiet and polite. If this is the biggest problem you ever have you will be lucky, because it's a non event unless you make a scene. Every little thing doesn't have to be dramatized.

Old 04-28-2024, 10:01 PM

6,311 posts, read 4,212,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'd say you're both wrong for acting like children.

OH NO! I was unfollowed on social media?! The HORROR!

No one could pick up a phone and call...sorry, apparently no one talks anymore...TEXT?

This situation is...dumb.
much ado drama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships