Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 09:08 PM

30,694 posts, read 18,326,280 times

Advertisements

Of course, Adams gives her a pass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2024, 09:34 PM

34,172 posts, read 47,398,319 times
So what are we really mad about?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-08-2024, 10:07 PM

30,694 posts, read 18,326,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So what are we really mad about?
I'm upset at people who play the race card (or don't) when it suits their narrow partisan needs. They don't actually care about 'x' or 'y' group, but only about scoring partisan points. When it comes to divisive issues like race, this game is particularly disgraceful. Adams' response here is the opposite of how he would have responded (and how he has responded) with politicians across the aisle.

Old 05-08-2024, 10:31 PM

34,172 posts, read 47,398,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'm upset at people who play the race card (or don't) when it suits their narrow partisan needs. They don't actually care about 'x' or 'y' group, but only about scoring partisan points. When it comes to divisive issues like race, this game is particularly disgraceful. Adams' response here is the opposite of how he would have responded (and how he has responded) with politicians across the aisle.
I'm mad at ppl who pay attention

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM

52 posts, read 10,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perp smasher View Post
I really don't think that she believes what she says.She's just pandering for votes. Like most liberal politicians that claim that America suffers from systemic racism, they know it's not true.
Bingo. She’s not dumb. She’s telling her audience what they want to hear. They know their kids are dumb but they want excuses. It’s always “underserved, not enough investment†yada yada.

Parents with dumb kids almost never admit it’s because they’re bad parents but they know their kids are dumb. They’re just not willing to put in the time and effort to work on their kids so politicians like Hochul acknowledge what they already know and then give them all types of reasons as to why it isn’t their fault.

Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM

93,784 posts, read 124,493,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
They probably don’t when they surf the net on laptops, ipads/tablets and smart phones.
This is the thing and you don't even have to be "political" about it. This is the response in regards to the comment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IooqWEooNxU

Now, even in the response, it isn't necessarily about the access to technology, but the aspect of getting access to information/education in regards to AI. She should have stuck with the educational aspect in terms of AI usage, which is another level of technology.

Now, what this may also do is create leverage for black people in the state in terms of access to emerging technology. Meaning, this could actually end up being to the advantage of the community due to making her put her money where her mouth is and making a mends, by investing in said communities with access to emerging technological information like the she is referring to.

While some may get offended in political terms, others like myself look at this as an opportunity to make her repair the damage in tangible ways that have a long lasting positive impact. After all, who knows what politicians, regardless of affiliation say about said communities in secret or the dark anyway. So, I would advise to not get stuck at being upset or if this was a Republican yadda yadda(if a Rep. said the exact things this would apply as well), but for communities across the state like the one she was referring to, to leverage this into real opportunities for themselves by holding her accountable for investment.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; Yesterday at 07:54 AM..

Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM

3,312 posts, read 1,720,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
This is the thing and you don't even have to be "political" about it. This is the response in regards to the comment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IooqWEooNxU

Now, even in the response, it isn't necessarily about the access to technology, but the aspect of getting access to information/education in regards to AI. She should have stuck with the educational aspect in terms of AI usage, which is another level of technology.

Now, what this may also do is create leverage for black people in the state in terms of access to emerging technology. Meaning, this could actually end up being to the advantage of the community due to making her put her money where her mouth is and making a mends, by investing in said communities with access to emerging technological information like the she is referring to.

While some may get offended in political terms, others like myself look at this as an opportunity to make her repair the damage in tangible ways that have a long lasting positive impact. After all, who knows what politicians, regardless of affiliation say about said communities in secret or the dark anyway. So, I would advise to not get stuck at being upset or if this was a Republican yadda yadda(if a Rep. said the exact things this would apply as well), but for communities across the state like the one she was referring to, to leverage this into real opportunities for themselves by holding her accountable for investment.
Haha, it's not a gaffe. She's simply not qualified to be an executive politician. She sounded exactly like many housewives and women in NY speaks and nothing is wrong with that except she is now the governor of a blue state. Dems are going to give her a pass because she's white female who is supposed to be an oppressed identity right? Anyone can get a pass for this speech unless you are the race and gender of the oppressor.

She spoke honestly that those black kids don't know anything and it was her job to help them. Very good governor, you are absolutely right.

Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM

93,784 posts, read 124,493,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Haha, it's not a gaffe. She's simply not qualified to be an executive politician. She sounded exactly like many housewives and women in NY speaks and nothing is wrong with that except she is now the governor of a blue state. Dems are going to give her a pass because she's white female who is supposed to be an oppressed identity right? Anyone can get a pass for this speech unless you are the race and gender of the oppressor.

She spoke honestly that those black kids don't know anything and it was her job to help them. Very good governor, you are absolutely right.
You are actually making my point. I don't care what party she is affiliated with, but if what she says is sincere/the truth on her end in terms of her "gaffe"/apology, then instead of getting mad and staying mad, communities she is referring to should use that to their advantage to invest in said communities in that avenue of technology. I say that, because that has more of a lasting, long term positive impact than just staying made or using this as a political football of Dems/Reps would be treated a certain way versus making them accountable for bottom line production that serves the community that likely has been disinvested in. The latter is more of the fight that these communities should put more of their energy towards versus the political distraction this would become and nothing is done.

Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM

3,312 posts, read 1,720,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
You are actually making my point. I don't care what party she is affiliated with, but if what she says is sincere/the truth on her end, then instead of getting mad and staying mad, communities she is referring to should use that to their advantage to invest in said communities in that avenue of technology. I say that, because that has more of a lasting, long term impact than just staying made or using this as a political football of Dems/Reps would be treated xyz versus making them accountable for bottom line production that serves the community that likely has been disinvested in.
There's nothing to be mad at, she spoke the truth and I applaud her for saying something the Republicans aren't allowed to say without the Dems condemning them for racist speech. If a Republican was governor and said those things he/she would be out of the job by now.

So let it sink in for voters that they've given the Democrats a pass regardless who they put in office. As long as the candidate is a Democrat, they're allowed to be incompetent and racist. What she said was clearly racist and but I believe in the freedom of speech and will not condemn her for saying it but I know her constituents are not opened and tolerant to free speech unless it's one of their own.

Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,233,690 times
How long have the Dems and their Union buddies been in charge of education in NY State? If Kathy believes what she said is true, she and the Dem party has a lot of explaining to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: