Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:50 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,424,560 times

Advertisements

I'm missing out on what the VIA is.

If you enter 32.018716, -107.460577 into Yahoo Maps, that will give you about the middle of Unit 17. 31.99583, -107.48481 will give you the end of the road that runs north-south through the Ranchettes. You can then zoom back and get the map of the area. You can't use the satellite feature at extreme closeness, but it should give you a decent picture of the roads there. You might see some houses on the northern section of the estates.

The only lawsuits I've heard about is concerning Ordinance 37 (search the forum for threads), which concern an acre to two acre minimum to build.

I need to spend some time working on the lots I have. I also need to reload the GPS co-ordinates into the laptop to show the corners that we visited.

I haven't received any offers of sale from anyone, but it still may be early to them to find me. Being that you own two whole blocks may put you higher on the radar. You can write Luna County and get all the maps for Unit 16. I'm not sure what you bought the property for, but there is really nothing out there. If you are looking to sell, you might try listing them on EBay, then charge a decent 'transfer fee'. That would guarantee at least $250 a track, on top of what ever you got in auction. If you wanted to be super fancy, you could have both blocks surveyed, then list that buyers could actually see their lot, which is something a lot of sellers don't offer. The only reason I had a rough idea where my lots were was just because of the GPS. You also might want to check into Yahoo Groups. There is a Deming Land Owners group there.

Last edited by Brucifer; 03-11-2008 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: Added Crap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 17,359 times
Thank you for replying! Sorry to have confused the issue by mentioning the VIA (Valley Improvement Association). I had purchased another parcel of land from Horizon Corp. which stipulates membership in the VIA and therefore includes yearly dues as well as taxes, and it is this organization that many landowners are suing due to the lack of said "improvements." I do not pay dues to Valley Improvement Assoc. for the lots in Sunshine Valley Ranchettes. These lots were purchased from Select Western Lands Corp.

I will follow your suggestions to get maps from the county and check out the Yahoo Deming Group, which I was not aware of. As for having the land surveyed, somehow I don't think seeing pictures of the land would entice anyone to buy it!

Old 06-23-2008, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 8,116 times
Default Building

Have you heard anything about not being able to build on no less than 2 acres?

Old 06-24-2008, 08:29 PM

It's called Ordinance 37. There are several threads about it here that you can search for. I have three acres in Unit 17 and one in Unit 19.

As a follow up, I have the names of the North-South streets. Starting on the West side, here are the names (the ones you see on most maps). The indented ones are the minor ones between.

CANELA RD
---Calma
MARANA
---Mito
ABETO RD
---Azalea
ROSAL RD
---Orchis
VIBORA

I don't have all the East-West roads, but starting at the bottom of Units 17, 18, 19 and topping out with Unit 16, the major roads are:

BRISA RD
LISA ANN DR
COUNTRY LANE

The best thing to do is contact Luna County if you want to know the name of the street your lot is on. Most of the online maps use the same source and have some incorrect info.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:56 PM

4 posts, read 24,210 times
Default Flat Land

Great to find someone else with some space in this area. I purchased 1.5 acres in Unit 2 in 1973. I was passing thru on my way from Pensacola, Florida to San Diego, California. Saw a sign and the rest was history. I have been back a few times but the weather was so bad I could not get into the area. There is some major flood plain in some of the Units. The last time was in 2002 and got caught in a sand storm and had to go another route. Planning another trip in October to really check it out. I have been checking the maps on line and Google Earth and Virtual Earth and you are right the street names are sure messed up. My space, Unit 2 is between Abeto Road and Rosal Road running North and South and Palo Alto Road and New Frontier Drive running East and West. I am on the Southwest corner of Azalea and Bronce Roads. I did a search yesterday on Google and found a report at this link: www.landauction.com/legaldocs/DemingRanchettes_Luna_NM.pdf [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]
[LEFT]
NAME OF SUBDIVISION: [/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]DEMING/SUNSHINE VALLEY RANCHETTES[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]OILSR Number: 31364 Date of Report: March 15, 2007

It appears that another developer is selling off some of the land there. The report has a lot of very useful information.

Not much else to report on my end. Would enjoy keeping in touch on the property. Thanks.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 07-10-2008, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 8,669 times
Default mineral rights

Do we as owners have mineral rights to drill for oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWharton View Post
Thank you for replying! Sorry to have confused the issue by mentioning the VIA (Valley Improvement Association). I had purchased another parcel of land from Horizon Corp. which stipulates membership in the VIA and therefore includes yearly dues as well as taxes, and it is this organization that many landowners are suing due to the lack of said "improvements." I do not pay dues to Valley Improvement Assoc. for the lots in Sunshine Valley Ranchettes. These lots were purchased from Select Western Lands Corp.

I will follow your suggestions to get maps from the county and check out the Yahoo Deming Group, which I was not aware of. As for having the land surveyed, somehow I don't think seeing pictures of the land would entice anyone to buy it!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 8,391 times
I just recieved my new tax bill and decided that's enough. I sent it Habitat for Humanity DEming NM and said it's all yours. God Bless

Old 11-12-2008, 10:22 AM

2 posts, read 11,503 times
Default sunshine valley ranchettes

own some parcels in the sunshine ranchette area- what the going value for half acre lots I have 10 lots that are together. is it worth selling or just keep it another 30 years- Im kind of hoping it could be worth around 2500 per lot- haha- in my dreams maybe but who knows- with the economy the way it is , it might be good to keep it,

Old 11-27-2008, 07:21 AM

As a follow up, I have the names of the North-South streets. Starting on the West side, here are the names (the ones you see on most maps). The indented ones are the minor ones between.

CANELA RD
---Calma
MARANA
---Mito
ABETO RD
---Azalea
ROSAL RD
---Orchis
VIBORA

I don't have all the East-West roads, but starting at the bottom of Units 17, 18, 19 and topping out with Unit 16, the major roads are:

BRISA RD
LISA ANN DR
COUNTRY LANE

Old 12-03-2008, 09:53 PM

24 posts, read 138,875 times
Well I'm finally here in deming and I've been roaming around on franklin and marana road trying to orient myself. I've found corner rods on all the road corners but the interior markers are long gone. The rods only stick up a few inches so they are hard to see at first. I've found some road names on a few road corners but a lot of them are gone. Surprisingly franklin and marana are tar to about 3 miles from the end and the gravel road from there to the end is excellent. Power lines run to within 1.7 miles from the end (unit 21 and 20 are at the end). Last house on the road is at the end of tar. Red tailed hawks and road runners are all over the place lol. I've also seen ground owls, coyotes and quail out here so theres plenty of wildlife. I kicked the dirt around a bit and it's sandy but seems to hold water easily so it wouldn't take much to build a good garden. Plenty of garden manure here, you could get a wheel barrow full by picking up patties in about 5 minutes heheh. They say water is around 300 ft but I think it's a lot closer than that. Land around unit 21 is mostly plains grass and you could clear a 2 acre lot with a dozer in about an hour, same with the side roads. The land is a builders dream no boulders, tree stumps etc and nice compactable sand. I'm going to be here all winter so I'll be in and out of the desert all winter finding out more about the sunshine valley. I've been over on the other side of the mountain but there's to many people over there for me. It's quickly becoming part of the city of deming over there. One trip to Palomas mexico and you will see why so many people are coming over the border lol. One place called the pink store was pretty cool though, you can drink all the margueritas you want for free while you walk around shopping and they have a huge store full of mexican made goods plus a good restaurant and oh ya tequila is 4 bucks for a half gallon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico