Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 06:19 AM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times

Advertisements

I couldn't get that article at Salem News.

http://www.epa.gov/region2/superfund/npl/0201164c.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 5,503 times
I remember hearing the female recruits march by having to sing a cadence that said "we like to suck dick, suck dick, we like to suck dick all night long." I don't know what the circumstances were but I was embarraced and I felt bad for the females soldiers.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 5,442 times
I remember the m16 deal, a civilian walked up to a recruit said he was the commander of the post and wanted to inspect his weapon, told him it was dirty, he was conficating it and to have the drill Sgt contact him.....I bet that pvt. Is still a pvt.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:37 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychucky View Post
cordwinters@gmail.com GPG is appreciated
Ft Dix 1989-Summer
chemical exposure
physical, emotional, psychological abuse
sexual assault and sexual abuse male/female trainee's both
objectification
Black and white photographs taken for the "graduates Year Books" printed Mercaline, MO by Walsworth Printing Company
Live Trainings Gone terribly wrong/soldier injuries
vaccinations-are you still scarred I am and it bleeds
Ft Dix IS also a SUPERFUND site Veterans Kept in the Dark Over Chemical Exposure - Salem-News.Com
I used to live in Browns Mills from 93 to 08, so was curious when I saw the thread. I'm not surprised to read about abuse there. Times were way different then. I'm not saying it's right, it was like that with a lot of fields non military too.

Thanks so much for this info. I've had cancer in my life, my dad passed from benzene related leukemia from products we used at our gas station in North Jersey. If you've ever worked with chemicals; pretty good odds you're going to have some sort of cancer.

Links to your article as well as another for bladder cancer, which anyone posting here should get tested.

A Few Good Men and Bladder Cancer Veterans of EPA Superfund sites are at risk for bladder cancer from organic solvent exposure. A simple and non-evasive test is available to detect bladder cancer. This information has not been passed to veterans at risk for disease.

Quote:
(SOMERDALE, N.J.) - Those that served and were exposed to toxic chemicals have a critical need to know what chemicals they were exposed to and access to medical screening to stay healthy. No reasonable person would disagree with this.

In fact, there’s no government program to screen veterans who worked and lived in highly toxic environments. Bladder cancer is only one of the health effects of exposure to these chemicals. Exposure to organic solvents like trichloroethylene (TCE) can cause bladder cancer, brain cancer, esophageal cancer and other serious diseases.

According to Dr. Robert Schlesinger, retired Army Colonel and urologist, “Organic compounds in general, and benzene containing compounds specifically are recognized as carcinogenic for the lining of the entire urinary tract, kidneys, ureters and bladder. There is no dispute regarding this.”

The good news is that bladder cancer, the fifth leading cause of cancer deaths, can be screened with an inexpensive and non-invasive medical test
Veterans Kept in the Dark Over Chemical Exposure Veterans Kept in the Dark Over Chemical Exposure
Robert O'Dowd Salem-News.com

As it turns out, thousands of veterans and their dependents lived and worked on military installations that are now listed as EPA Superfund sites.

Quote:
(WASHINGTON D.C.) - DOD is the biggest owner of EPA Superfund sites. The contaminants and health effects of exposure are published on the EPA Superfund website. A simple website hyperlink to military installations on the National Priority List (EPA Superfund), identifying the contaminants and health effects can save lives, but no one seems interested in setting up this hyperlink.

Veterans of military installations currently on the National Priority List (EPA Superfund) need to know the contaminants of concern (COC) found on these sites and the health effects of exposure to receive proper medical treatment.

Exposure to COC’s can cause serious medical conditions, including cancer and death. Veterans with serious medical conditions who were stationed on an EPA Superfund installation need to share this information with their medical care provider. This is not about collecting a VA disability compensation, but about helping veterans “connect the dots of serious illness” to military service and giving information to their health care providers that could save their lives.
Be sure to check EPA’s Superfund List of Military Installations at this one
EPA's Superfund Website Can Save Veteran's Lives
Robert O'Dowd Salem-News.com

Veterans are not provided the choice of military assignments.

Quote:
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) - Thousands of veterans and their dependents lived and worked on military installations that are now listed as EPA Superfund sites.

Former MCAS El Toro was once a proud Marine aviation base; today it is a demolished wreck. The soil and groundwater was terribly polluted over the years and many have paid the ultimate price over it.

Your browser may not support display of this image. Veterans of this base in Southern California are spread all over the United States. There’s no central databank to tap into for the names and the current addresses of those who served at El Toro and other Superfund sites.

Superfund is the environmental program established to address hazardous waste sites. It is also the name of the fund established by the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act of 1980, as amended (CERCLA statute, CERCLA overview). CERCLA was passed into law in the wake of the discovery of toxic waste dumps such as Love Canal and Times Beach in the 1970s, according to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

Veterans of military installations currently on the National Priority List (EPA Superfund) need to know the contaminants of concern (COC) found on these sites and the health effects of exposure to receive proper medical treatment.

Last edited by Roselvr; 11-03-2015 at 07:53 AM..

Old 01-11-2016, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 5,292 times
Can anyone tell me the name of the med, between 1989-1996 while in ft.dix. I m trying to file for va disability for a m-16 shell burn on my chest, and it left a scar. They sent all my medical records, but when they assist with the burn that was to the white meat.

Last edited by Davis512; 01-11-2016 at 03:11 PM..

Old 04-23-2016, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 5,143 times
Default Abuse????

You know we are in the military preparing to kill people if the need arose. I was in Dix 1989, went to boot may 1989 & then went to AIT at Dix in Aug-Sept-ish

I do remember one of our troops was a senators son that complained which I wish I had known who it was. Would have beat the **** out that *****

Todays military got way too many sensitive ******* in it

Old 04-27-2016, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 5,120 times
I was at Ft. Dix NJ from July 78 to September in A33. I remember the abuse that took place there especially by the Drill Sergeant Manti. If you were in A33 please email me. [email]skipperp@sbcglobal.net[/email]

Thank you,

Skip P

Old 08-12-2016, 01:49 PM

2 posts, read 7,674 times
I went to basic training at Ft. Dix in 1989- I was in E-2-26. My group was the first group of female recruits this company had ever trained (so they told us) and I will absolutely corroborate the sexual harassment and abuse we endured. We were humiliated- when a group of male soldiers would walk by, the drill sergeants would make us get on our backs and do leg spreaders in front of them, etc. The senior drill sgt (don't remember his name?) woke me up and called me down to his office one morning around 4am, and started coming on to me. I think he was drunk. He actually picked me up by my leg and was trying to nibble on my ankle! I was freaked out and terrified and pushed him away, and he sent me back to my bunk and I never heard anything else about it. We had a RIDICULOUSLY high injury rate- I think it was something like 30-40% of our group at any given time had some degree of injury. And the people that were injured, were treated horribly. The drill sergeants encouraged the girls who weren't injured to harass and abuse the ones who were, calling them lazy *******, slackers, etc etc. and the drill sergeants joined into that, too. I can give many examples of the rampant sexual abuse we got from the drill sergeants. I'm from a military family- I knew what to expect from Basic. I did NOT expect to be sexually harassed and debased and humiliated intentionally because I'm female. It DID happen, it IS true, and I experienced it first hand!

Old 08-19-2016, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,886 times
Was at Ft. Dix NJ 1988-89 ish
I remember Senior Drill Sgt. Carter (Had black pick-up with Jump wings on the back window)
Also:
Drill Sgt(s) Clifford, Suarez(sic), 1st Lt. Sypolski, and many, many more!

My platoon was chosen to march in a parade in Yardley/yardly Pennsylvania, then I passed out after at the VFW (knees locked) and most were drinking pretty heavy. Needless to say we were reamed when back on post.

I used to have this on Video cassette (wish I still had it) if anyone was there during this time hit me up.

[email]leelindsay45@gmail.com[/email]

Old 09-18-2016, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,787 times
Pretty sure I had him you can email me mbbursik1@gmail.com. I am also looking for anyone I went to basic with Aug - Sept 1987
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia